Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AMT NL Pegasus HP questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AMT NL Pegasus HP questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 07:19 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default AMT NL Pegasus HP questions

Hi everyone,

I have one of these now and I don't really know much about it but a couple of hopefully simple questions have come up:

1.) Will these run on #2 diesel?
2.) It has a version 2 ECU, with electric, propane start. Will a 4 cell A123 ECU pack be ok?

Thanks in advance,
Old 04-04-2018, 08:29 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Hi everyone,

I have one of these now and I don't really know much about it but a couple of hopefully simple questions have come up:

2.) It has a version 2 ECU, with electric, propane start. Will a 4 cell A123 ECU pack be ok?

Thanks in advance,
Matt,
It's a horrible terrible awful engine, you should just save yourself the headache and send it to me for safe keeping!
If you got the one that was recently for sale on RCU you won the lottery in my opinion. I am and will forever be an AMT fan.
I don't have a Pegasus HP, but I do have 2 AMT NL Pegasus engines, an AMT NL Olympus and an Olympus HP, as well as a few of the old USA Peggy's.
The best person to ask these questions to is Bennie at AMT NL. He's only a short email away.
I believe it was asked once about Diesel and from what I remember it's not recommended, I have always just run clear Kerosene with Aeroshell 500 oil though diesel would be more cost effective and simpler.
As for the ECU pack, All of my Pegasus engines are run using 3S lipo packs (11.1V) and my olympus HP uses a 4S pack. I'm sorry I can't be of more help with this, like I say, Bennie is the guy I would ask and if you ever decide you just don't want that terrible lump of an engine be sure and let me know! hahaha.
Jeremy
Old 04-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Esprit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,
I am here at the factory with Bennie while reading this. Please send an email with the serial no of the engine to [email protected] and Bennie will give you all the details you require.

Thank you

Jonathan
Old 04-04-2018, 11:33 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Esprit

I am here at the factory with Bennie while reading this. Please send an email with the serial no of the engine to [email protected] and Bennie will give you all the details you require.

Thank you

Jonathan
Just wanted to say hello Jonathan! Say hi to Bennie for me. I can't wait for the weather to smarten up a bit more so I can start flying again!
Old 04-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

+1

...as another AMT Netherlands convertee I can only echo the comments gone before - contact Bennie and quote your engine serial number (it is on the can where the main body joins the front cap and will start with NL....).

You will also be able to download the AMT Netherlands software (from their website) which will enable you to check the settings of your ECU. Here you will be able to see what battery voltage/type is required.

Enjoy the best model turbine in the world!!

JanR
Old 04-04-2018, 06:10 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

3S lipo for Ecu amigo. And count me in if you ever get tired of it....or you can set up an Indian leg wrestling contest to whittle down your prospect buyers......... in which I’m DEFINITELY IN

Cheers to Bennie also Jonathen!
Old 04-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Hi Matt----answer to your question is on AMT website regarding batteries.....go to downloads---V2 ECU-----batteries....current recomendation for E-start Peggy is 4S Lipo or 4S A123 (note that Benny refers to A123 as Li-Ion on that page) I still own 2 of those beauties. To get the proper low voltage settings for initiating the start, you have to choose Li-Po or Li-ion (A123)in the software.

Last edited by Tom Antlfinger; 04-04-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:07 PM
yeahbaby

Holy smokes!! The Phoenix has risen! Bring some cookies to Mississippi Tom. Pleeeeaassseeeee
Old 04-04-2018, 11:33 PM
Springbok Flyer

Just in case you AMT Netherlands users miss my post on the AMT Netherlands turbine section:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/amt-...l#post12419433

Cheers,

JanR
Old 04-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Kelly Rohrbach
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got two Pegasus HP eng, one in my F-16 pnp 1/6th gonna fly at Mississippi. Nothing sounds like an AMT engine.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Kelly Rohrbach

Originally Posted by Tom Antlfinger
Hi Matt----answer to your question is on AMT website regarding batteries.....go to downloads---V2 ECU-----batteries....current recomendation for E-start Peggy is 4S Lipo or 4S A123 (note that Benny refers to A123 as Li-Ion on that page) I still own 2 of those beauties. To get the proper low voltage settings for initiating the start, you have to choose Li-Po or Li-ion (A123)in the software.
Hey Tom how are you, still got the F100?
Old 04-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Tom Antlfinger

Hey Kelley.....of course. What a magnificent Peggy-powered bird. Still in one piece. I think I am going to re-engine my UB with an OLY, just for the sound. Jane and I would like to join you guys at MAB, but probably not going to happen.......but...... Buck really needs a couple(or more) of Cookie Jane's chocolate chip cookies to help smooth out those 737 traps....too many baby bumps on the top of his work birds's wings.....Pastry Chef said she is down for a few dozen, shipped to Cookie Monster Vernon. He'll save a few for you guys, maybe???
Old 04-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Springbok Flyer

Originally Posted by Kelly Rohrbach
Got two Pegasus HP eng, one in my F-16 pnp 1/6th gonna fly at Mississippi. Nothing sounds like an AMT engine.
Hi Kelly,

You could be just the right guy I need for some advice regarding an AMT Pegasus HP paired up with a 1/6th F-16. Please expect a PM from me.

Cheers,

JanR
Old 04-05-2018, 11:38 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Just in case you AMT Netherlands users miss my post on the AMT Netherlands turbine section:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/amt-...l#post12419433

Cheers,

JanR
Thanks Jan
(also soon available for Jeti systems)
Old 04-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Kelly Rohrbach

Originally Posted by Tom Antlfinger
Hey Kelley.....of course. What a magnificent Peggy-powered bird. Still in one piece. I think I am going to re-engine my UB with an OLY, just for the sound. Jane and I would like to join you guys at MAB, but probably not going to happen.......but...... Buck really needs a couple(or more) of Cookie Jane's chocolate chip cookies to help smooth out those 737 traps....too many baby bumps on the top of his work birds's wings.....Pastry Chef said she is down for a few dozen, shipped to Cookie Monster Vernon. He'll save a few for you guys, maybe???
Well now you need to come to Mississippi and bring it along, I have not seen it since 2005
Old 04-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Kelly Rohrbach

Hi Kelly,

You could be just the right guy I need for some advice regarding an AMT Pegasus HP paired up with a 1/6th F-16. Please expect a PM from me.

Cheers,

JanR
No problem Jan, look forward to passing along what I can.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:37 PM
yeahbaby

More cookies!!! Come on Tom! It’ll be nice to have a couple more AMTs in the area
Old 04-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Springbok Flyer

Originally Posted by Kelly Rohrbach
No problem Jan, look forward to passing along what I can.
PM sent, thanks.

JanR
Old 04-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Kelly Rohrbach

PM sent, thanks.

JanR
Just responded, sorry had not been on since the other day
Kelly
Old 04-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Tom Antlfinger

Originally Posted by yeahbaby
More cookies!!! Come on Tom! It’ll be nice to have a couple more AMTs in the area
6 dozen on the way to Clinton, MS......scheduled arrival end of day Thursday.......might get lucky and Vernon only eats 5 dozen Thursday night, so que up early on Friday......
Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 PM
yeahbaby

You the man!!!! Thank you