Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New fuel and pneumatic connectors and valves

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New fuel and pneumatic connectors and valves

Old 05-08-2018, 11:08 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New fuel and pneumatic connectors and valves

Dear all.

I would like to let you know that we are now offering our professional quality push-to-connect fittings, adapters and ball valves to the hobby market.
These are made by a Japanese company called Pisco.

These fittings are of the absolute best standards.
We have had to change our previous supplier of already excellent fittings to comply to some UAV requirements and MIL specs that were not met with the previous product.
Anyway, we have been impressed by the quality of Pisco products and have bought stock items by the thousands for our production line.
This allows us to offer pricing 20% to 50% below our competition.

Just check this out under pneumatic and fuel hardware.

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/collections/fuel-hardware

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/collec...matic-hardware

We have most useful items in stock at the present time: straight fittings, Tees, Wyes, adapters, mini ball valves, mini pressure gauges.
We are also able to get more types and sizes on request if you do not find what you need in the store.

Regarding fuel systems, we are now offering our super high quality/ super light weight PU fuel tubes in 4 mm ID and 5 mm ID. The 5 mm ID size fits the 6 mm OD Pisco fittings and is very practical for fast and neat fuel systems. The 6 mm OD tubing is abut 20% lighter than Tygon 3/16" ID, however it is a bit stiffer.

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/collec...ct-fuel-tubing

On another note, we now have the absolute best pneumatic electric valves in stock: The German Orbit valves from Evojets.
These are available as single action ( with pulsating mode ), Dual action for brakes ( pressure regulating valve ) and dual action for gear. The build quality of these valves is outstanding and they come in either standard flow 3 mm fitting, improved flow 1/8" fitting, or high flow 4 mm fitting.

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/collec...matic-hardware

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qd5-aN9ac4M" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 05-11-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:07 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Perfect! i was chasing down some of those pisco gauges
Old 05-09-2018, 09:44 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by patf
Perfect! i was chasing down some of those pisco gauges
Sure. When you place your order, send me an email. I will add some Pisco fititngs and tube as test sample.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:21 AM
patf

Order placed, i dont have your email.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:24 AM
patf

Order placed
Old 05-10-2018, 06:06 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pisco is good stuff.. thanks!!
Old 05-10-2018, 07:39 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

And the prices are phenomenal!!

Go! Go! Go! Oli!

Nicely done.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:01 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Interesting. However, I am curious to know why you consider Pisco better than Festo, ( as used on the Evo jet valve) and on so many fine engines including the RR, AMT.

Having noted your prices though, they do seem excellent value, an order will follow when I am next in US !

David.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 05-11-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:21 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Interesting. However, I am curious to know why you consider Pisco better than Festo, ( as used on the Evo jet valve) and on so many fine engines including the RR, AMT.

Having noted your prices though, they do seem excellent value, an order will follow when I am next in US !

David.
I do not.

I am just explaining why we had to change brand.
My military customers required Pisco for MIl-STD-810-501, 502 and 503 compliance.
The previous brand that we were using ( not Festo by the way ) was not certified to these standards by this customer.

That does not mean that other brands are not suitable for the task. They are just not certified according to these standards.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:30 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Great, explains it!
Old 05-11-2018, 08:14 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although you did say

These fittings are of the absolute best standards and far outperforms most other product, including German brands.
which, whether intentional or not, did suggest that you thought Pisco fittings were better than Festo.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:16 PM
olnico

I see this point. That was not my intention. Edited.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:51 AM
olnico

Here is a new device that I have been working on for quite a bit of time.
This air fill terminal is part of our Cloudtech line of ultra-light custom designed accessories.
It comes at a record weight of 25 grs / 0.88 oz per unit. Size: 40 mm x 19 mm x 35 mm, 1-1/2 x 3/4" x 1-5/8".

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/collec...-fill-terminal

The terminal body is made of an AL-6061 block that is CNC machined as much as possible to reduce its weight drastically.A set of Pisco gauge ( PSI or MPA ) and one way valve push-to-connect fitting is located at the top, while another Push-to-connect fitting at the bottom allows to plug the line going to your tank and system. The one way fitting is practical ad allows to connect a bare tube into the terminal. It retains pressure up to 170 PSI/ 12 bars.

The Pisco connectors can be specified in 4 mm, 3 mm or 1/8" size.

The terminal is designed to be stackable and to screw into others to create a panel of as many devices as you wish!
Old 07-03-2018, 05:19 AM
patf

Just wanted to comment comparing these to Festo, after receving them its really 1 vs 1a - i prefer the pisco after handling them a bit. The gauges are the thing i have been looking for for a bit, compact size and easy to read.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:34 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I would love nothing more than to never use another barbed connection again in a fuel or air system, and having valves and gauges with push fittings available makes it that much closer to reality.

One suggestion Oli, on your website you should break some items out into their own listings - for example I didn't see an elbow fitting that was threaded on one end with a PISCO connector on the other, such as I would want to use for a fuel cell vent. But when I clicked on the "Pisco Hiflow series push-to-thread fitting," which has an image of a straight connector, I did see the elbow in the dropdown of various sizes. Just seems like you would benefit from having the elbows as their own item from the thumbnail index.

Looks great though, makes me wish I had seen this thread the first time it came around!
Old 07-04-2018, 09:06 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Auburn02
I would love nothing more than to never use another barbed connection again in a fuel or air system, and having valves and gauges with push fittings available makes it that much closer to reality.

One suggestion Oli, on your website you should break some items out into their own listings - for example I didn't see an elbow fitting that was threaded on one end with a PISCO connector on the other, such as I would want to use for a fuel cell vent. But when I clicked on the "Pisco Hiflow series push-to-thread fitting," which has an image of a straight connector, I did see the elbow in the dropdown of various sizes. Just seems like you would benefit from having the elbows as their own item from the thumbnail index.

Looks great though, makes me wish I had seen this thread the first time it came around!
Good point. The elbow fittings with large thread being dedicated to fuel systems plumbing, I have created a specific product page for them.

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/produc...-elbow-fitting

Note that I will release an article very soon about our new line of dedicated accessories for push-to-conenct fuel systems.
Super easy to plumb, super safe, 20% lighter.
This is under our new range of Cloudtech accessories...

This is the end of the barbed fitting...
Old 07-05-2018, 08:10 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oli, did not think I would here you say the 'end of the barb fitting' - very bold statement and not something I'm fully with you on - but hey agreeing all the time is just plain boring!

Good work though and fantastic to see you bringing new product to the market, unfortunately my life is just too busy right now with my main job to even fly let alone design and manufacture.

marcs
Old 07-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
This is the end of the barbed fitting...

Oli,
I have never used push fittings on the suction side oh my pump for fear of allowing air in because of a leaking push to connect fitting. Barbs don’t leak. Are you saying now that these push fittings dont leak. I agree it is much easier for maintaince with push fittings from vent to pump but is it worth the risk of air leaks?
Thx, Gary
Old 07-06-2018, 06:26 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Oli,
I have never used push fittings on the suction side oh my pump for fear of allowing air in because of a leaking push to connect fitting. Barbs don’t leak. Are you saying now that these push fittings dont leak. I agree it is much easier for maintaince with push fittings from vent to pump but is it worth the risk of air leaks?
Thx, Gary
Yes. If using the right type of tubing,.
These push-to-connect fittings are actually designed for vacuum systems. They are certified up to 29 InHg of vacuum. The best air trap on the market ( Large CAT air trap ) will cavitate at 19 InHg. So air bubbles will not come from the fitting!

What is also important is to use a tube that is properly calibrated and of the proper stiffness. If the tube is too narrow or if the wall is too soft, vacuum might create a leak.
This is why we sell high quality tubing for our systems.

Here is a link to an article I wrote many years ago and that I updated recently.
https://www.ultimate-jets.net/blogs/...nnect-fittings
Old 07-06-2018, 06:31 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by marc s
Oli, did not think I would here you say the 'end of the barb fitting' - very bold statement and not something I'm fully with you on - but hey agreeing all the time is just plain boring!

Good work though and fantastic to see you bringing new product to the market, unfortunately my life is just too busy right now with my main job to even fly let alone design and manufacture.

marcs
You are right. We still need barbed to install Viton tubes inside the tank!
Thanks for the kind words and good luck with your work! Hope to see you at Jet Power in September!