Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Will US jet flyers suffer because of Trumps latest tarriff rants?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Will US jet flyers suffer because of Trumps latest tarriff rants?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 08:24 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
No bailout for you Rav. Come back, one year!

LMAO!!

Originally Posted by TJC333
If we force a reduction in imports and make the products here instead that creates manufacturing jobs here.
So why is there, like, NO R/C stuff made here? Everyone complains about BVM's prices, and now even HE was bought out by a chinese firm.

Where are the US made turbines and radios? If we can make them better, why aren't we? Right now, the truth is, we can't.

Originally Posted by Dansy
And then you loose all the transport/docks and import jobs, plus other country’s will/have put taxes on your export/import to counter the effect....this is a loose loose tax scheme were only the gouvernements win big (all of them) and we all end up paying more, nobody win!
This.

We shouldn't have to be responsible for how other countries treat their workers. We can vote with our wallets, voluntarily, not forcibly like Trump is making me do.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always been surprised by the fact that there is not a solid industry of RC articles in the USA (radios, turbines, high-end kits). The argument that it is due to the salaries of workers does not hold, here in Europe the wage costs are higher (workers have more holidays, more social protection paid by the employer, very difficult/costly to terminate the contract of an employee, etc) and nevertheless there are plenty manufacturers of radios (Jeti, Multiplex, Powerbox), turbines (Jetcat / Behotec / Jetsmunt / etc ..) and high-end aircraft (Tomahawk, Pirotti, Paritech, etc).

There must be some other reason than low wages, but I do not know what it is!

Gaspar