RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Chief Aircraft Marketing Gimmicks

Old 07-05-2018, 05:04 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

*sigh*

I think its a bit rediculous to take a hard line on "factory in stock" verbiage. Its sufficiently weird that I would have called and asked to see what that really meant if I needed an aircraft in short order.

For a company person to take an unprofessional tone is something that needs to be addressed by the company (please see earlier forum rant by Dreamworks employee DreamWorks New Web Page) It feels good for the employee until the margaritas wear off.

That all being said...this really feels like a tantrum from Fred with the threat of the "social media godzilla"

I've ordered quite a lot from Chief, mostly to avoid the sales tax, but the transactions have been smooth.

Fred....move on.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:48 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Why was this issue even brought into a public forum? It makes for interesting reading but helps no one, the OP looks like a vindictive whiner even though he hasn't lost a penny and the vendor is goaded into responding in a very unprofessional way that hurts his business. Who wins....nobody.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:08 PM
txshan130
My Feedback: (113)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man..wish I had seen this thread before I ordered. No where did it say any of the items I ordered were out of stock. Order was still in processing after 5 days so I emailed asking what was up. I finally get a reply a day later and half my order isn't in stock.

Last edited by txshan130; 04-18-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:29 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Seems fairly simple to me. When you're ready to order, simply call them and ask what exactly they have in their warehouse literally ready to ship out.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:49 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Specifically dealing with Steve Coleman, he will bait and switch product and is a complete hack. It is apparent his arrogant demeanor is due to the culture in the shop. Honestly, I gave this post a second thought, but they waste a lot of people's time with their bovine scatology, it's about time it caught up. Their main interest is full scale & RC is a side business. Just my 2 cents, means nothing unless you care.

Last edited by skunkwurk; 04-19-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:23 AM
Steve oh 82

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

txshan130
I do apologize that you weren't notified sooner. If there is anything I can look into for you and your order please PM me.

skunkwurk
Thank you for your kind words. I can assure you we do not B&S. Would you care to PM me and we can work out whatever issues there may be.

Sincerely
Steve Coleman (Complete Hack)
Old 04-19-2019, 09:28 AM
txshan130

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Steve oh 82 View Post
txshan130
I do apologize that you weren't notified sooner. If there is anything I can look into for you and your order please PM me.

skunkwurk
Thank you for your kind words. I can assure you we do not B&S. Would you care to PM me and we can work out whatever issues there may be.

Sincerely
Steve Coleman (Complete Hack)
Hi Steve-

I got the part of my order that was in stock so thanks for shipping that out quickly for me. I sent an email a day or two ago about getting a refund for the airtrap that was not in stock.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Steve oh 82

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Hi Steve-

I got the part of my order that was in stock so thanks for shipping that out quickly for me. I sent an email a day or two ago about getting a refund for the airtrap that was not in stock.
Can you provide your order number for me. I will look it up to see where there error was made so we can try to improve our service for future customers.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:34 AM
txshan130

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just sent you an email with the order #
Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Steve oh 82

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Just sent you an email with the order #
Thank you. We appreciate your feedback.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:07 PM
obiwan12
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have ordered numerous times from Chief over the years for full scale and model equipment. I've never had a problem with them. If the OP had a stock problem, a quick call to speak to a representative in person is all that is needed to clarify stock status before placing an order.

Perhaps we have grown too accustomed to other companies such as amazon or tower hobbies inventory management software being point, click, ship. A lot of medium and small sized businesses can not justify the investment into continually improving IT infrastructure when the ROI isn't there.

Skymaster produces a much higher quality model than I currently have time to build or fabricate on my own at this point in my life. The only downside I see to them is that they are half a world away and the lead time to acquiring a model can be quite lengthy. With that said, whether it is 2 to 4 weeks or 6 months, it's still faster than the average modeler has time to construct a highly detailed model out of fiberglass in their shop.

If you wanted a model in stock and ready to ship to your door immediately, maybe one should have planned that sooner before the start of the outdoor flying season. Lastly, a well composed and articulated inquiry would also be more highly received by any individual for discussion instead of click bait for the forums.

Cheers!
Old 04-30-2019, 10:01 AM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i just bought a Skymaster Hawk and Jetcat P160 from Chief. The engine came in about a week and the plane in 4 wks. which was 8 weeks sooner than promised. The plane came direct from China. No Problem.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:08 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Chief isn't the problem, the guy who started the thread is.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:20 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ordered (Krill) aircraft twice from Chief, one jet and one F3A
Jet was first purchase and wasn’t the best experience but in the end I just accepted the plane (with Air instead of Electric retracts)
I blamed myself for verbal rather than written communication.

F3A plane was factory order and this time I made sure that everything was in writing (emails, no phone)
Once confirmed, credit card charged for deposit.
Plane (plus spares ordered at same time to ensure paint match) arrived with the exception of one (important) item (plus a damaged item which is another story on getting that replaced)
When I contacted them to ask where it was I was eventually told the factory didn’t have it available, even though they initially sent the order to the factory to confirm price and availability
Has I been told prior to shipping and delivery that the part was not available I would have asked that the entire order be cancelled. But I wasn’t given that option.

So now the plane sits as an expensive reminder that I should have learned the first time, as I try and figure out what to do about the missing part and finish the plane without It.

Unfortunately I cant seem to buy Krill from other importers (tried) or direct from Krill (tried) so rather than deal with Chief I no longer buy/fly any Krill Aircraft.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:26 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (359)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default +1

Originally Posted by obiwan12 View Post
I have ordered numerous times from Chief over the years for full scale and model equipment. I've never had a problem with them. If the OP had a stock problem, a quick call to speak to a representative in person is all that is needed to clarify stock status before placing an order.

Perhaps we have grown too accustomed to other companies such as amazon or tower hobbies inventory management software being point, click, ship. A lot of medium and small sized businesses can not justify the investment into continually improving IT infrastructure when the ROI isn't there.

Skymaster produces a much higher quality model than I currently have time to build or fabricate on my own at this point in my life. The only downside I see to them is that they are half a world away and the lead time to acquiring a model can be quite lengthy. With that said, whether it is 2 to 4 weeks or 6 months, it's still faster than the average modeler has time to construct a highly detailed model out of fiberglass in their shop.

If you wanted a model in stock and ready to ship to your door immediately, maybe one should have planned that sooner before the start of the outdoor flying season. Lastly, a well composed and articulated inquiry would also be more highly received by any individual for discussion instead of click bait for the forums.

Cheers!
+1
Purchased several planes/jets through Chief-any issues were handled after I called and asked for help.
We are dealing with custom built model airplanes built in China-it's not like Amazon.....
Just my opinion....
Old 05-17-2019, 01:15 PM
smith john
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Bad service and bad people. If you received outstanding service, great. If you received unfavorable service like I have, you do not need to be bashed by the people that received good service. I personally would never order from cheap aircraft again due to the service I received from them. Especially Dana. John S