Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new T1 models F16 build thread

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new T1 models F16 build thread

Old 07-03-2018, 06:45 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default The new T1 models F16 build thread

Will go over the plug and play version. This plane is 1\8th scale. Has electric brakes and gear and doors. Light option along with after burner lights is available also.

evening number 1
spent about 2.5 hours on it this night.

this aircraft is available at pacificrcjets.com
contact Dirk

How she comes out of the box

Last edited by gunradd; 07-03-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:51 AM
gunradd

First I installed the vertical and wings. Servos are already installed and wires done so this is easy.

next was the horizontal stabs. First remove the little panel on the bottoms to access the linkage. Remove the arm and slide the elevator on and tighten the 2 set screws. Reinstall linkage and panel.

a nice touch is the wires for the tail surfaces all have heat protection on them from the factory.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:57 AM
gunradd

Next I started on installing the receiver. I'm using a 12 channel power safe receiver and will install the new asx gyro.

this part took some time. All the wires where labeled but it was in Chinese and I could not read it. So took me a while to figure it all out with all the light wires in the same bundle. We will work with the factory to try and get this changed.

Under the fuel tank you will find a power wire to use to power the light controller and brake controller already made. Note it has and xt60 connector on it and needs a small 2 cell lipo.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:03 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great Kris, thanks for sharing!
Old 07-03-2018, 07:05 AM
gunradd

So far only spent about 2 and a half hours on it and got all flight controls done lights done and gear completed along with gear doors. Tonight I will be working on the fuel system and turbine install and if all goes well she will be done. Will be powering it with a kingtech K85. Look forward to watching my son fly this thing at Kentucky jets.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:27 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Lookin good bud, keep the pic's coming!
Old 07-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks sweet, hopefully see it in action next week (if I make it).

Originally Posted by gunradd
Under the fuel tank you will find a power wire to use to power the light controller and brake controller already made. Note it has and xt60 connector on it and needs a small 2 cell lipo.
Just curious, would you ever consider running the lights off the turbine or receiver battery? I know they draw little to nothing and a tiny lipo will handle them, but in that same regard I figure why bother with an extra battery at all?
Old 07-03-2018, 08:13 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Good luck with the Nav lights! The factory installed ones on my T One still are not working correctly, and I have been waiting for weeks to get answers/resolutions from Dirk! One was dead on arrival and the other will not strobe or flash no matter which controller output port you plug into. The instructions for the Pilot Nav Light Controller appear to address the provided controller. There are three different modes accessed by the manual switch. Also, instead of using a Txer three position switch for the different modes, you have to toggle the controller's on and off switch three times to get thru them. Same for the manual switch. No instructions makes for a bit of bench time investigating these issues. Have not found a supplier that can supply an exact match for the DOA Green LED. The only ones out there that I have found are a bit brighter and have a different mounting on the heatsink. They run a bit hotter too. Hopefully the Lens Cover won't cook. Still looking for a resolution for the lower fuse LED that will not flash or blink. Like I said, Good Luck!
Old 07-03-2018, 11:07 AM
authomassen

Looks good, I’ve been waiting for this thread.

How do you think it’ll fly off a grass field? Will you be testing this?

Do you think a VT 80 will fit? Diameter is 90.5 mm.

Thanks! And thanks for doing this thread!
Old 07-03-2018, 05:36 PM
gunradd

Gear feels very robust don't see why my grasp would be an issue.

for the lights I just hooked it all up and left the wires that go to the receiver to turn them on and off not connected. All lights working fine.

worked on it for about an hour and 45mins. Other than cg and gyro programming she is ready to fly. So easy build can be done in 4 hours no problem.

all hidden linkages also.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:43 PM
gunradd

First I pulled the fuel tank back and removed the clunk. Its preinstalled but as president Reagan said trust but verify 😎. Reinstalled it after safety wiring all fuel connections. Now you need to install the fuel vent while the fuel tank is slid back right under where the tank sits. Next up I installed the pump and ecu next to the uat. Next drilled 2 small holes in the mounting brackets that are preinstalled on the fuel tank and installed screws. I then had to drill 4 relief holes for the turbine mounting screws and mounted the turbine. Next screwed in the pipe.

Relief holes for turbine mounts
Old 07-03-2018, 05:45 PM
gunradd

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Looks sweet, hopefully see it in action next week (if I make it).

Just curious, would you ever consider running the lights off the turbine or receiver battery? I know they draw little to nothing and a tiny lipo will handle them, but in that same regard I figure why bother with an extra battery at all?

I am with you! I hate lipos. But these lights will only work on 7.4

I tried the ecu life pack and they started getting hot. 2 cell life and they don't come on. Dirk is trying to get them to use a different light controller in the future.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:50 PM
gunradd

Lenn Todd sorry to hear about you light issues. I will continue to try and push for these companies to use better stuff. When I got my skymaster f18 the light controller burned up right when I plugged it in smoke everywhere. Got a new one still had issues but no fire at least. Finally figured out the wires where never stripped before the terminals where crimped on..... real big pain. Had to rewire the entire plane.

so I understand your frustration. Are you going to Kentucky next week?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:31 PM
TonyBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lenn Todd sorry to hear about you light issues. I will continue to try and push for these companies to use better stuff. When I got my skymaster f18 the light controller burned up right when I plugged it in smoke everywhere. Got a new one still had issues but no fire at least. Finally figured out the wires where never stripped before the terminals where crimped on..... real big pain. Had to rewire the entire plane.

so I understand your frustration. Are you going to Kentucky next week?
best light controller is a Rcxel optical switch, $15 and always works...

TB
Old 07-09-2018, 06:50 PM
gunradd

F16 flies great! Nice light wingloading and great high alpha. Will get video at the end of the week from kentucky!

having a very good time flying this bird. We have a 1/6th bvm f16 and the little T1 f16 flyes pretty much the same way
Old 07-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Auburn02

What kind of flight times you getting out of the 60oz tank with that 85?

I’ll come snoop around in a couple days, can’t wait to see it up close.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any video of this bad boy yet? Would like to see some video of this little viper before I order one. I heard some guys took some video of it flying at Kentucky jets.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:34 AM
gunradd

Not sure if anyone got video. I flew it 4 times. It flew great. Very light and I was able to do nice high alphas with it. We had an issue with the gear and had to stop flying it. We already had the factory change the part that broke and will be getting a new gear part for it soon. All new planes will have the new gear parts already installed.

I didn't have enough channels to program the gyro yet so flew it with no gyro. We just about had the CG figured out before the gear problem. When the new parts arrive I will get the details ironed out. Going to install the Xicoy gear controller LGC15 to save some channels and this will also give it differential braking and nose steering gyro. None of this is needed but its just the way I like to build jets.

Dirk at PacificRCJets now carries the new gear controllers.

Flight times with the 85 where 5 mins but keep in mind this was at Kentucky and at a busy flight line so landed early incase of having to wait to land. The 85 is a bit much and you spend most of the flight at half throttle. The only time I really got on the throttle was after a nice long high alpha pass I punched it to do a slow vertical climb out of the alpha.

On another note Barry and I called the factory and had them change the shape of the main fuel tank and location of the vent. This will allow a little more fuel and better draining of the fuel tank at the end of a flight. We didn't find any other problems and love the plane. Cant wait to fly it more.

Last edited by gunradd; 07-17-2018 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:42 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Is this the same gear that was in the hsd foamie F-16?? what voltage does it run on ?? thx Vin
Old 07-17-2018, 04:51 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by Vincent
Is this the same gear that was in the hsd foamie F-16?? what voltage does it run on ?? thx Vin
It is not the same gear as the HSD but it uses the same brakes and gear controller as the HSD. For voltage they recommend using a 2 cell lipo…. I hate lipos and will most likely use power from one of the receiver batteries after installing the Xicoy controller.

Last edited by gunradd; 07-17-2018 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:04 AM
Auburn02

On another note Barry and I called the factory and had them change the shape of the main fuel tank and location of the vent. This will allow a little more fuel and better draining of the fuel tank at the end of a flight. We didn't find any other problems and love the plane. Cant wait to fly it more.
Sounds good. Yeah that rear vent really tripped me out.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:08 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Sounds good. Yeah that rear vent really tripped me out.
New tank will have front vent so will be at highest point and the tank will have a round part on the bottom where the clunk sits normally to help it stay in the fuel longer. We didn't have any issues with it but we just feel it could be better and the factory is fantastic about listing to us on improvements. Before we even left the event we where looking at pictures of the new mold for the fuel tank they sent to us.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:04 AM
yf22raptor

Default f 16

Does anybody have any throws for this F-16 picked one up on monday putting it together now ... the manual has cg at 160 mm but no elevator or ail throws or expo,
thanks Dan
Old 07-31-2018, 12:35 PM
gunradd

Originally Posted by yf22raptor
Does anybody have any throws for this F-16 picked one up on monday putting it together now ... the manual has cg at 160 mm but no elevator or ail throws or expo,
thanks Dan

hello Dan. I’ll get them for you soon.

Make sure you you try and install stuff keeping in mind it comes out nose heavy. I had to install the receiver batteries near the engine.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It has arrived!!!!!

What a little gem, I will be installing a K-70 in this on. It is the Plug And Play version so there is not much to do. I will take some assembly photos as i move forward.

T-One Models really did a great job with this one! As always.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.