Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

LINDA DELGADO - Dreamworks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

LINDA DELGADO - Dreamworks

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 09:45 AM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say I am a little surprised and disappointed in some of my fellow modelers. Less than a year ago we lost great supporter of our hobby, an innovator, and, by all accounts, a all around nice guy. In the following months there were threads here and elsewhere showing sympathy and vowing ever faithful support for Todd's widow and for Dreamworks. I guess for many of you that "support" came with the caveat that it would last only as long as nothing changed. Well I have news for you, other than death and taxes, the only other certainty is "change"
I am not privy to the reasoning behind any of the business decisions at Dreamworks, but I assume that they are doing what they think is best for the company (and, by proxy, the jet community) for the long run. Out of respect for Todd's memory, as long as Dreamworks is being run by Lisa Witkoff they will remain my first choice when buying jet stuff.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:20 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

no jetcat parts available for me. I want a spare fuel pump to have as a backup
Old 07-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin_W
I have to say I am a little surprised and disappointed in some of my fellow modelers. Less than a year ago we lost great supporter of our hobby, an innovator, and, by all accounts, a all around nice guy. In the following months there were threads here and elsewhere showing sympathy and vowing ever faithful support for Todd's widow and for Dreamworks. I guess for many of you that "support" came with the caveat that it would last only as long as nothing changed. Well I have news for you, other than death and taxes, the only other certainty is "change"
I am not privy to the reasoning behind any of the business decisions at Dreamworks, but I assume that they are doing what they think is best for the company (and, by proxy, the jet community) for the long run. Out of respect for Todd's memory, as long as Dreamworks is being run by Lisa Witkoff they will remain my first choice when buying jet stuff.
You may do as you wish, but a lot of us think what Lisa did to Linda was out of spite, jealousy or whatever. And no memorial service for Todd? Linda fired? The only reason you saw any posts with support for Lisa is due to the fact that we all figured that she would care about us, the employees and Todd's memory, we were wrong and so are you.....
Old 07-24-2018, 01:10 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin_W
me too

And I find the comments about Todd's family's personal ways of dealing with the loss to be very tacky

Last edited by mr_matt; 07-24-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:15 PM
Kevin_W

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
You may do as you wish, but a lot of us think what Lisa did to Linda was out of spite, jealousy or whatever. And no memorial service for Todd? Linda fired? The only reason you saw any posts with support for Lisa is due to the fact that we all figured that she would care about us, the employees and Todd's memory, we were wrong and so are you.....
Fair enough, but I am not going to go nuclear based on one side of the story and second hand information from the internet.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:23 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I really like it when I press the Pay Now button on online hobbyshops and I get my parts 3 days later. No drama and not giving a f*&% about the maritial issues of the folks processing my order.

....but I don't watch the Kardashians either.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:11 PM
DepecheMode101

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe a paypal page can be set up for Linda?

I don't know her but she is human.

Last edited by DepecheMode101; 07-25-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:55 PM
horsefeetky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

always loved the line of quality parts they sold but the new web site gave me fits and i went to other sources for parts this year. now im ok dealing with those sources so i have moved on and will again if things fall apart with those sites in any way. i guess i dont do change well when it comes to my hobby and limited time to enjoy it...........k.i.s.s. method still rules and some sites are just smooth and simple and the search features need to be spot on and work well
Old 07-28-2018, 02:46 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Linda every time I have changed jobs because of shops closing or change of owners it has worked out for the best in the long run. I pray that this will happen to you. Let us all know where you land and I am sure most of us here will support you. You are the best. George Powers ( aquaskiman)
Old 07-28-2018, 03:32 AM
ledd4u

Who, is Linda? I know Patty from BVM but no Lisa. Go Fund me is a scam. I know Catherine from Fie Bao Jets. Still don’t know Lisa. I just hit buy and it gets to my home, Amazon. I need a pump for my Jetcat, calling Lisa on Monday and will ask about Linda.

Last edited by ledd4u; 07-28-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:31 AM
vespino67

Hello Linda, thank you for so many years of support and friendship
​​​​,my best wishes!

best regards from Mexico.

Dios te acompañé y te abracé!
Old 07-28-2018, 05:15 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
+1
Old 07-30-2018, 05:33 AM
dubd

Linda, I'm very sorry to hear about what you've done through. You have been incredibly helpful to me over the years and I continued to shop at Dreamworks because of your amazing customer service and attentiveness. I wish you the very best in your new endeavors.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:20 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Hello All,

I was not going to post as I was even looking at deleting my account. Reasons why I hate social media. However this has now turned into where we are attacking or making it seem like if wrong doing was done. I'm married and those who know me se me and my family at just about every event I go to. If any of you feel gratification of bashing a company and make you all feel happy then do so however I ask to please leave the personal attacks out of it. I'm friendly with everyone who knows me and yes I giggle with them all and yes even her.

RCU used to be a great place to get useful information however now its like the immature mean bully lets bash anyone we want place to go for some people.

Moderator's you really need to look at these post. when is enough going to be enough.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:12 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mod comment

I have been watching this thread and another related thread since they started. On a couple of occasions I have come close to intervening but as posts have avoided personal attacks and there has been some detailed supporting information I have refrained. Often the post that made me unhappy was immediately counterbalanced by posts from other forumites.

However if there is a particular post or posts that you feel breaks our rules use the report option and a mod will look at it. We mods often discuss the reported posts before taking action if things are not clear.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:29 AM
toto_sal

I am finally going to come out and say it... Jose @ Dreamworks is a complete fool (trying not to be more specific) for parting ways with a person who made the company that now employs him! What kind of leadership is that? You don't fire the person who was "keeping the dream alive"!

Dreamworks was not only the place where I could satisfy my Jet needs, but a place where I could send a friendly message to someone special and I would have a reply with a smile at the end of the message. I sough comfort in Linda every week. Many times I was faced with simple issues that the DW team was more than happy to answer. Linda was the pillar that kept the group together and when I heard the news, I just could grasp what and why it had happened. I have so far stopped dealing with Dreamworks and looked for other sources (who I know for a fact that support Linda) not just for the obvious reason I am making myself clear at this time, but their customer support is for the birds!

Todd and Linda where the foothold for our community! Generous, honest and most of all FRIENDLY!

If I could hire Linda right now, I would do it in a heartbeat! If there is ever a more obvious letter of recommendation for such a wonderful lady, this is it!

God bless you Linda!
Old 08-27-2018, 09:34 AM
toto_sal

Sorry Jose, but you brought this upon yourself. You have started to destroy what many of us considered to be the only place to satisfy our needs and wants with a smile. To bad I cant say this in person to you, but believe me, I would if I could. I am not hidding behind a message. I am just bringing a subject at hand out of the shadows and speaking the truth. You are a cruel and selfish person, inconsiderate for those who built a "dream" and you made it into a nightmare. So if you cant handle the smoke then get out of the kitchen!
Old 08-27-2018, 09:39 AM
toto_sal

Linda Cipriano. Look her up on FB.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:52 AM
CRye
My Feedback: (15)

Dear Linda,
I can hardly appreciate the frustration you feel to finally let it vent out.
I would offer you words of wisdom I learned from another woman who was my Aunt Jackie. When things are really bad: let go let God.
I almost never play the religion card but there it is. I hate to see another person who was gracious to me suffer.
I am not an insider and have no particular pull but I took the privilege to recommend you to a major full scale aviation part supplier who has global sales.
Personal Regards
Charles Rye
PS I still do business with Dreamworks. Chris has gone above and beyond for me by pulling and selling items out of bench parts that may not normally be available and tech info.
I miss Todd and your voice when I call but I remember those days fondly when I deal with Dreamworks.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:49 PM
ledd4u

Wow!

Last edited by ledd4u; 08-27-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:03 PM
scottkieper
My Feedback: (10)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds like we need someone to start up a new show trailer. (parts trailer] and kits
Old 08-28-2018, 06:44 AM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This was a private matter between worker and owner. This BS is still running.
I have received very good service from Dreamworks and specially Jose.
I don't know why this moderator haven't stopped it already. It already stinks.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 08-28-2018, 08:59 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by E.N.T.

hmarmaizmd717
+1

This thread needs to go... No useful information here.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Amen to that!
Old 08-28-2018, 03:19 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by E.N.T.

hmarmaizmd717
Agreed, why are the moderators so intent on keeping this personal ‘bashing’ alive? Might be time to investigate the motives of RCU???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.