Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat 120 conversion to Xicoy ECU

Old 07-19-2018, 12:26 AM
Jgwright

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Jetcat 120 conversion to Xicoy ECU

I recently converted a Jetcat P120 to Xicoy ECU. The engine had been damaged and did not have any ECU. I managed to get hold of the starter motor pod and intake front cover. I decided to do a similar conversion of the Jetcat engine to the recent conversion of the EVO Booster 90. In this case however I was able to fit an external plug, but I put the valves under the cover on a piece of glass fibre. This was a simple job to do and I glued the Multiplex plug and the RJ45 socket in place with Acrylic glue. The external thermocouple was missing and easily replaced. I changed the starter motor to the usual 280bb motor. As with the EVO conversion I fitted a Xicoy hall sensor under the cover.

The ecu needed a ring magnet let into the nose of the compressor.

Once all the connections had been checked I tried to start it. After a minor problem with the kero plug all was well. The first start was nice and slow and very controlled and a non event.

Before anyone asks the question I have a commercial balancing machine and the engine was balanced before running it.

John

Xicoy Hall pickup

The twin screw connector is for the Thermocouple

The multiplex connectors have some tags bent below the board and the socket is glued with acrylic glue

The RJ45 socket has its connections underneath the board and is held down lithesome acrylic glue

pipe to the lube connection is wired in place underneath the board

Checking the cover fits.

Last edited by Jgwright; 07-19-2018 at 12:30 AM.