Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

GBRJET - end of an era

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

GBRJET - end of an era

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 01:20 AM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GBRJET - end of an era

Guys wanted to post the wind down of GBRJET.

Over the last 10 years I have had the pleasure of serving this great community, built some amazing friendships and met some incredible builders and pilots. I've come up with what I feel are a decent range of accessories and products and have taken pleasure is seeing so many 'copy CAT's' - sorry to use the pun! I take all this as a massive compliment.

The time required to make and develop new products is unfortunately something I just don't have, I have other interests now and simply have lost the mojo to continue.

I'm not sure of the best way to bow out but I'm thinking to offer any stock I have left of any product at a special final discount so that anyone wanting to buy accessories can do so and save a little money too.

A 30% off everything was my thought and this will cover everything (except products I don't make like the BF Turbine). I also have some stock left of older products like my 'servo docks' and 'air tank dock' which wont be on my web site. I will depending on your views do a complete inventory check on all my accessories and update the web site accordingly. Any items not on the site, the older stuff I will post here and you can contact me via PM.

I am considering selling my beautiful Vixen sports jet too, my own design which is manufactured by Xtreme ARF which has a Jet Italia 220 turbine ready to drop in, and a very 'one off' airframe for the SKYFOX - a project posted on this forum - thread names to both here if anyone might be interested in discussing with me.

VIXEN - virtual build thread

SKYFOX - SF1 The build

Its BIG and its started.......

Let me have your feedback first on my plans and thank you to all those who have supported GBRJET over this last decade.

marcs
Old 07-22-2018, 05:49 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Is always bad to loose any hobby related business in our small interest group of jet turbine models. Hope the best is happening to you in this change of direction of life.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:09 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have any bits and bobs from your original CAT? enough for someone to assemble some?

Good luck in your new endeavors.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:22 AM
marc s

Possibly yes, will look at al the stuff and post when sorted out.

marcs
Old 07-26-2018, 10:38 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Marc , i send you a email thru your contact page..
contact me ;-)
Old 07-26-2018, 11:34 PM
marc s

Hi Sandor, thanks for getting in touch.

marcs
Old 07-27-2018, 01:41 AM
Peter Coers

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Marc, sorry to year that you are ending GBRJet but it was very nice meeting you at JetPower the last two years.

Cheers,
Peter

but we stay in touch...
Old 07-27-2018, 08:03 AM
marc s

Peter, sure thing and will keep watching your amazing project

marcs
Old 07-28-2018, 10:11 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Marcs

sorry to see that you are quoting and hope that it is for the better. thank you for your contribution to this hobby and especially the build threads such as the Skygate Hawk. Good luck.

Behzad

Old 07-29-2018, 03:43 AM
marc s

Behzad

Always better when its about more time with friends and family.

Had great fun building all those years ago, its amazing how the building game has moved on so much, technology makes things like cockpit details etc much more realistic, I remember on Ali's PC21 build I created working HUD's using modified keyring LCD picture keyrings, added images and then a timer function, looked amazing back then.

Happy to have been a help along the way.

marcs
Old 07-29-2018, 07:53 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Marc,
Thanks for the Vixen, a great flying jet!!
Old 07-29-2018, 09:07 AM
marc s

You are welcome, if you have any mates who wants one I'm considering selling mine.

marcs
Old 08-03-2018, 11:04 PM
marc s

Nice video of a customers Vixen in flight, as said mine is 'possibly' up for sale, any interest just PM me.

marcs
Old 08-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Marc,

Indeed a big loss to the jet-jock-community. Your CAT's are still the best and I sincerely hope someone will pick up from you and make them again.

All the best for the future.

JanR
Old 08-05-2018, 12:15 AM
marc s

Thank you for the kind comments JanR

An old friend who lost his business partner recently has decided to re-make two fantastic kits, although my accessories etc will run down until my stock is gone I'm looking to market and sell his kits in Europe and the UK so will still hopefully be 'engaged' with the jet community albeit on a lesser scale.

The 2 kits due are the Orion, I had one of the first of these kits, beautiful mid size sports jet with impeccable manners and suitable for 90-100N size turbines, mine was powered by a B100F, and a stunning medium sized Mig35, the Mig I will know more about in the coming weeks regards specs and turbines etc, currently the prototype uses one turbine but I'm keen to ensure it can be built using two, maybe like twin 70's or similar, possibly smaller.

I have no details yet on pricing, options or timing but these two will come via GBRJET for those interested - will keep you posted as info comes through.

marcs

Pics of my Orion and the makers Mig35 prototype.....