RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pacific Rc Jets/Aviation Jet SU-35

Old 10-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Digital Pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot View Post
Photo of detailed antenna parts:

Old 10-06-2018, 09:16 PM
Mikey5547

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here we go guys!!!

NOTE: Turbine rail fit max diameter 105mm Thrust Vector only.
All testing was done with KT turbines so specs and number calculations are done with Kingtech Turbines.

Vector version uses K120-K160
Non vector version recommend K85's The K85's are plenty of power per factory, 7-8min fight time

Dry weight Vector version 13.5kg 29.7lbs
Dry weight non vector 13kg 28.6lbs

Vector version with 2x k120 flying weight is 25kg, 55lbs fueled.
no vector, 2x K85 flying weight 22kg, 48lbs fueled

Pricing available at https://pacificrcjets.com/collection...35-coming-soon

No Custom paint fee's, send your choice. ( Must have all sides, top & bottom, upclose on nomenclature details for accuracy or scheme will be rejected)
I know I keep saying it but it looks amazing, they done a fantastic job! Could you clarify the weight to me sorry if it seems like a dumb question... Dry weight is 13kgs so is that the weight without fuel or weight of empty kit with no equipment? I know dry means without fuel but if it weighs 13kgs with equipment and no fuel that would be incredible
Old 10-07-2018, 04:06 AM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Mikey5547 View Post

I know I keep saying it but it looks amazing, they done a fantastic job! Could you clarify the weight to me sorry if it seems like a dumb question... Dry weight is 13kgs so is that the weight without fuel or weight of empty kit with no equipment? I know dry means without fuel but if it weighs 13kgs with equipment and no fuel that would be incredible
Oops... Wrong information.

Last edited by T3chDad; 10-07-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:42 AM
Digital Pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry guys, i fixed the verbiage to be more specific. Dry weight is KIT weight, No other components (IE) Servos, Wires, Radio gear and so on....

So to sum up:
30lbs kit Dry
174oz of fuel is 10.88lbs
That leaves 14.12lbs for remaining equipment and engines =55lbs Flying weight give or take a few oz....

Last edited by Digital Pilot; 10-07-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:11 AM
Mikey5547

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry guys, i fixed the verbiage to be more specific. Dry weight is KIT weight, No other components (IE) Servos, Wires, Radio gear and so on....
Ok, so all up weight without fuel is about 22kgs which is still not too bad. Is it possible to get it 20kgs or under? Also when you guys receive one could you post how the model breaks down for transport and what itís like with field assembly? Iím gonna be saving up for this one!
Old 10-07-2018, 06:14 AM
Digital Pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok, so all up weight without fuel is about 22kgs which is still not too bad. Is it possible to get it 20kgs or under? Also when you guys receive one could you post how the model breaks down for transport and what it’s like with field assembly? I’m gonna be saving up for this one!

Hi Mike
We should have our demo model soon. We will put it through its paces and provide as much detail as possible for sure. And yes, 55lbs flying weight is great for this size of model.

As far as getting the weight lower i suppose that would be up to the builder. Of course the primary weight is what it is from the factory however with engines in back you will need to put as much equipment up front as possible for CG and not add weight. Also depends on how fancy the builder gets with extra paint inside and other extra components.

Last edited by Digital Pilot; 10-07-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:44 AM
Mikey5547

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Mike
We should have our demo model soon. We will put it through its paces and provide as much detail as possible for sure. And yes, 55lbs flying weight is great for this size of model.

As far as getting the weight lower i suppose that would be up to the builder. Of course the primary weight is what it is from the factory however with engines in back you will need to put as much equipment up front as possible for CG and not add weight. Also depends on how fancy the builder gets with extra paint inside and other extra components.
Thanks very much for the responses. Yes please keep us updated especially when your demo arrives. I think if I was to get one I would go for one of the schemes in the pictures with weathering and keep the stores off to start with to see if it can get under 20 but if not itís ok. The price is fantastic too especially including landing gear tanks and hardware. World jet master scale details with regular ARF price... canít beat it. Like I said in previous post if this is aviation jets first scale jet then I canít wait to see what they bring out in future. But this is top of my list.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:01 AM
DAN 73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks very much for the responses. Yes please keep us updated especially when your demo arrives. I think if I was to get one I would go for one of the schemes in the pictures with weathering and keep the stores off to start with to see if it can get under 20 but if not itís ok. The price is fantastic too especially including landing gear tanks and hardware. World jet master scale details with regular ARF price... canít beat it. Like I said in previous post if this is aviation jets first scale jet then I canít wait to see what they bring out in future. But this is top of my list.
Hi, Mike.
You have a Facebook page to send you a movie.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Ceeray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I find the weight a bit high, under 20kg would have been better, but its a complicated plane to build sooo..
25kg is definatedly too much.

Last edited by Ceeray; 10-07-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:32 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would like to see pictures showing the installation of engines, receiver(s), fuel cells, UATs, and other electronics. Just wondering if there is plenty of space inside the fuse to fit everything. Hope Pacific RC will offer a special discounted price to the first 10 people purchasing this model.

Last edited by David Jackson; 10-07-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:05 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by T3chDad View Post
If you meant to write "speed brake", the Su-35 doesn't have a dorsal speed brake as its predecessors did. Sukhoi/KnAAPO Su-35BM/Su-35-1/Su-35S Flanker
No, I meant to write ďspeed board.Ē They call that a ďsynonym.Ē I was comparing details against the full scale photos posted on the prior page, didnít realize that wasnít a -35. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Mikey5547

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So whatís the background of aviation jets? There a new company obviously but thereís been companyís making jets for years and they havenít made a jet as large or as nice looking as the su-35. So where did they get the experience from to build such a large twin jet with super scale detail?
Old 10-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Ceeray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So no one has built this one so far?

Flaws corrected or has this been buried for good?
Old 10-11-2019, 03:48 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Pacific has parted ways with them over quality so hopefully this thread can die now. I am very glad Dirk had them tested before selling them to customers. From what I hear they lost their factory and or moving to a different one but who knows what goes on in China. A new thread should be made for this aircraft that has the option of folding the wing during flight. PacificRcJets is in no way affiliated with aviation jets now.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:56 AM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

PRCJ needs to work with T-One to make a Flanker. Smaller....say twin 60 to 85.

I'll test it for them! Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 138
Size:  13.0 KB

Last edited by T3chDad; 10-11-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:12 AM
Ceeray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I got the feibao one. Twins tend to get heavy, su27 especially as its complex in form.