Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Questions about mixing on JR 12x

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Questions about mixing on JR 12x

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 07:12 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about mixing on JR 12x

I have a 1/6th scale SM F-16 that I purchased from a prominent well know modeler. I bought it complete with the transmitter. Today I was looking thru tx programming and I find a couple of mixes I don't understand. They are:

Mix #1 Aux 5 to Aux 5 it shows Pos0 plus minus 0 and below that minus1 pos1 has minus 38 and plus minus of 0. on this airplane Aux 5 is for an opening and closing canopy system.

Mix 2 Thro to Thro with no values (all 0%) no offset. thro stick inhibited. From what I know and understand about mixing this mix is doing NOTHING, since there are no numbers entered for position 0 and 1 ?

I have heard of these type mixes where a ch is mixed with itself but I have never understood the purpose and what is being accomplished.

I can send pictures of these two screens if need be.

Last edited by turnnburn; 08-13-2018 at 07:13 AM. Reason: adding more text
Old 08-13-2018, 07:46 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Using the monitor, check and see if Aux 5 works with the gear up and down, I'm guessing that is to keep the canopy from opening while the gear is up.
Screen shots would be great
Old 08-13-2018, 08:43 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While that is a great idea for safety it does not appear to be the case. Aux 5 is moving on the monitor screen with gear switch up or down. Thanks. I can send pictures to a cell phone or an email address. I don't know how to put them on my post, if that is even possible. I might need the help of an 8 or 9 year old to show me ho and I don't have one of them around to help me.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:01 AM
BarracudaHockey

Under quick reply click the button GO ADVANCED
Then Manage Attachments
Then browse to the file on your computer.
Once it previews click UPLOAD

I did this one so I could document the steps
Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by turnnburn
I have a 1/6th scale SM F-16 that I purchased from a prominent well know modeler. I bought it complete with the transmitter. Today I was looking thru tx programming and I find a couple of mixes I don't understand. They are:

Mix #1 Aux 5 to Aux 5 it shows Pos0 plus minus 0 and below that minus1 pos1 has minus 38 and plus minus of 0. on this airplane Aux 5 is for an opening and closing canopy system.

Mix 2 Thro to Thro with no values (all 0%) no offset. thro stick inhibited. From what I know and understand about mixing this mix is doing NOTHING, since there are no numbers entered for position 0 and 1 ?

I have heard of these type mixes where a ch is mixed with itself but I have never understood the purpose and what is being accomplished.

I can send pictures of these two screens if need be.
Typically on a 12X (like the 10X) you mix a channel with itself to turn it off on its normal stick, switch or knob. Then you mix a 2nd channel with that channel to use the 2nd channel to manipulate that channel. On those radios, that was the only way to "move" a channel from one stick, switch or knob to another. So let's say that Aux5 is assigned to a rotary knob and you want it to be manipulated with a switch. You mix Aux5 to Aux5 to turn off the knob, then you mix whatever channel the switch normally controls with Aux5 so that the switch controls Aux5.

Almost all more modern radios have a "function" menu where you can set any stick, switch, or knob to control any channel...

Bob
Old 08-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I've not run across that particular mix being used to disable the normal channel function. It's been awhile since I played with my 12X and it seems to me that all you need to do is "Inh" that channel in the setup screen. Then it makes it available to assign to a mix like flaps with dual servos.

Or am I just remembering incorrectly? Not hard for an old guy to do..... lol
Old 08-13-2018, 02:29 PM
BarracudaHockey

I only had a 12x here for a couple of builds that I did for someone else, I never owned one and I know my cob webs haven't been swept out of the closet so I can promise i was just guessing.

Post some screen shots, I'm sure it will start to come back
Old 08-14-2018, 01:09 PM
Misha Javornik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 12x and woud never sell it since its a simple but very easy programing radio. When you go in to the mix function you have mix1,mix2 and the restof them. when you go into these mixes , its simply to inh or activate the mix. Example mix 3 you might get THR to THR , now you get the chance to change the slave and the master chanel and then the switch its going to use , actualy pretty simple once you play with , and if you go back it to it
If you dont have a manual let me know , i think i might have a digital version.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:13 PM
Misha Javornik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JRP_12X_Applications_Guide_Low_Resolution.pdf
Old 08-15-2018, 09:10 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As I recall, mixing a channel with itself either increases or decreases it's output based on whether the mix value is positive of negative. For example if you wanted nose wheel steering disabled when your gear is up you could use a steering to steering mix with a -100% value, activated when the gear switch is in the up position to force the steering channel to be centered when the gear switch is in the gear up position.

As another example I believe if you had a control that wasn't supported by dual rates, if you wanted additional travel you could create a mix of X to X with a +20% mix value activated by a switch to get an additional 20% travel from channel X whenever then switch activates the mix.

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-15-2018 at 09:16 AM.