Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Futaba toys at Jetpower

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Futaba toys at Jetpower

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 05:09 AM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Futaba toys at Jetpower

Hi
Just got this from a friend, will be shown at Jetpower, anyone care to speculate what are friends are Futaba are up to?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:46 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't like it. This will place both receivers "at the same spot" in large planes. The idea of having separate receivers is that you can place one of them in (f.ex) the tail to get better reception when the other receiver is blocked (by pipe, tank etc)
Old 09-12-2018, 06:53 AM
mikehannah

Hi
There is a more obvious question. Why are Futaba introducing a 32 Channel RX when non of their current line up of Transmitters can go above 18 channels?
Old 09-12-2018, 07:46 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
I don't like it. This will place both receivers "at the same spot" in large planes. The idea of having separate receivers is that you can place one of them in (f.ex) the tail to get better reception when the other receiver is blocked (by pipe, tank etc)
+1

I use the Powerbox PowerExpander and 2 inexpensive (or less expensive) Futaba R7003SB receivers for that...

Bob
Old 09-12-2018, 07:47 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Can it handle more then 7 servos without failing?
Old 09-12-2018, 07:51 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks as the PDS18 has two servo wires coming out of it, If I was a betting man, it would say this is to connect to two Fasttest 7008 receivers to get the true redundancy for the 18 channels.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Carsten Groen

The 8024 box looks like a standard extruded alu profile. It looks like they just "stuffed" 2 receivers into the profile (and whats with the 2 nylon screws on the side of the box?)
Will be interesting to get hands on them at JetPower!
Old 09-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by mikehannah
Hi
There is a more obvious question. Why are Futaba introducing a 32 Channel RX when non of their current line up of Transmitters can go above 18 channels?
Well, they can easily by using "multiprop", that way you can get more channels than the 18 (I know as I have made powerboxes that took advantage of that)
Old 09-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Since it says "Ripmax" on the top of the label, I doubt any of us USA guys will have any rx's to consider.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:29 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Since it says "Ripmax" on the top of the label, I doubt any of us USA guys will have any rx's to consider.
Can you explain to us new Futaba guys.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Ripmax is a big German distributor for Futaba and they came up with some of their own stuff/mods to Futaba stuff in coordination with Futaba. I'm confused however as I thought they went under here a year or so ago. In any event, their hardware was not available here due to import/distribution agreements with Futaba from what I understand.

http://www.ripmax.com/

Old guy brainfart; it was Robbe who had problems.

Last edited by Zeeb; 09-12-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM
mikehannah

I would not assume just because Ripmax have their name on it that it will only be available in Europe. I suspect this is a Futaba product and Ripmax are just sticking their name on it. Ripmax neither have the resources of expertise to develop this kind of kit. So I would expect you will see it worldwide.

My first thought when I saw the number of channels on the 24/32 rx was is this Futaba tipping their hand to a 18MZ replacement. but if it is , their marketing department needs shooting.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Mike
Core ;-)
Looks like 2 Evo Powerjacks, on 2 Rx’s in a case. But all will be clear in 48 hours-latest.

Dave
Old 09-12-2018, 12:35 PM
mikehannah

Hi Dave
Enlightment comes to he who waits.

Mike

ps Safe trip to Jet power, no going nuts on the Autobahn !!!!
Old 09-12-2018, 01:50 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehannah
I would not assume just because Ripmax have their name on it that it will only be available in Europe. I suspect this is a Futaba product and Ripmax are just sticking their name on it. Ripmax neither have the resources of expertise to develop this kind of kit. So I would expect you will see it worldwide.

My first thought when I saw the number of channels on the 24/32 rx was is this Futaba tipping their hand to a 18MZ replacement. but if it is , their marketing department needs shooting.
Robbe used to sell items that were not available in the USA, early telemetry receivers and ground stations, I used these on a 12Z which was never possible with normal US receivers.

Also, I agree with Carsten, not as much benefit if the receivers are right next to each other. The other products (PDS10 and PDS18) appears to be mux boxes, taking 2 SBus2 inputs and outputting one, in addition to the PWM servo outputs.

To date, the only devices I could find that do something like this are the powerbox "SRS" enabled products (I use the iGyro SRS)
Old 09-12-2018, 04:21 PM
kelly vallee

Now they just have to add a gyro? To be up there with the competition.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:34 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

best thing for large jets and futaba Sbus setup is still the Emcotec battery backer, formally known as the Robbe/Futaba battery backer.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:57 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
best thing for large jets and futaba Sbus setup is still the Emcotec battery backer, formally known as the Robbe/Futaba battery backer.

Why would you use a single RF link RC system without any RF backup on a large jet?
As always in aeronautics, the chain principle prevails.

The whole system is only as good as its weakest link.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:17 PM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My first thought when I saw the number of channels on the 24/32 rx was is this Futaba tipping their hand to a 18MZ replacement.
The 18MZ & WC have been able to give 32 channels since the day it was introduced - very easily, so nothing new here.

Ripmax neither have the resources of expertise to develop this kind of kit.
I think you will find that this has been developed by Ripmax.de, as they now have the guy working in the German company, that used to be the designer of ACT equipment in Europe.
He is the source behind all of these products.

Will it be available worldwide - most likely not.
Ripmax.de already produce a lot of Futaba oriented items, that are not even available to the UK market !

modtron
Oxford UK

Last edited by modtron; 09-12-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:24 AM
mikehannah

Hi
It may have the capacity as any device that uses spread specktrum technology does can but they don't let you use it. The 18MZ is getting long in the tooth and you can get as good if not better bang for your buck elsewhere. BTW I own an 18MZ and I love it. But lets be honest it is the most expensive high end radio on the market but does it deserve its RRP ?

It makes little sense from a business model point of view to develop a product and not sell it to the widest market possible, especially right now, when the modelling business is still struggling and many good names are shutting their doors due to the difficult trading environment. But if Ripmax want to take careful aim at their own foot with a submachine gun and pull the trigger who am I to tell them not to.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:39 AM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
Why would you use a single RF link RC system without any RF backup on a large jet?

Oli I think Fender is referring to the Emcotec 2018. Dual receiver and batts. A very basic backer with none of the complicated stuff that can potienially fail. If it senses any receiver or battery abnormalities it screams at you. This device has saved two of my jets so far.
A great product for electronically challenged people like me 😀
Old 09-13-2018, 06:24 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico

It’s not a single receiver system, I have two receivers and either one can handle the entire system. If signal strength drops it automatically switches to the other receiver. It’s very easy to setup and I really like being able to run different voltages on servos and keep nice lower volts for all the other electronics. If you want sbus, which I run on everything it’s a really perfect system.

Levi it’s not you, I’m a computer geek and still have issues with current PB UI and the instructions are about as useful as Futabas. I gave up on Futaba instructions years ago, I have messed around with their stuff for so long it just makes sense.

Last edited by FenderBean; 09-13-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:22 PM
Karsten022

High guys,

the Boss of Ripmax Germany is Klaus Westerteicher. He is also the Boss of the Company ACT Europe (another RC System).
The new Ripmax/Futaba Receiver looks very simular to an old one of ACT with the ACT RC-System. It seems that they had changed the internal Receivers to Futaba only. But please look here:
https://www.acteurope.de/shop/produc...oducts_id=3031

Best regards,
Karsten
Old 09-14-2018, 07:08 AM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's something really interesting from Futaba the all new servos HPBLS A700 and CB700 with 74 and 49kg.cm torque respectively in the same servo box as the standard size servo:

HOBBYNET-JAPAN
https://www.facebook.com/FutabaRC.JP...7500736745895/
and declared consumption is allegedly 5 times lower. Haven't seen anything that strong in the market before.

Tassos
Old 09-14-2018, 08:35 AM
kelly vallee

Originally Posted by tassos p
Here's something really interesting from Futaba the all new servos HPBLS A700 and CB700 with 74 and 49kg.cm torque respectively in the same servo box as the standard size servo:

HOBBYNET-JAPAN
https://www.facebook.com/FutabaRC.JP...7500736745895/
and declared consumption is allegedly 5 times lower. Haven't seen anything that strong in the market before.

Tassos
That over a 1000 oz for a servo!! I want to order some? Where?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.