Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Jets projects for 2019

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ultimate Jets projects for 2019

Old 09-23-2018, 04:53 AM
roydefiant

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Oli, nice meeting you at jetpower and the new jets you are developing. Fantastic engineering! Hopefully one day you will consider the F101B Voodoo.

Roy
Old 09-23-2018, 05:56 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by roydefiant
Oli, nice meeting you at jetpower and the new jets you are developing. Fantastic engineering! Hopefully one day you will consider the F101B Voodoo.

Roy
It was nice finally meeting you in person, Roy!
Too bad we were too busy to catch up for dinner.
Maybe at Top Gun or Florida Jets?
Old 09-23-2018, 06:01 AM
olnico

Here is a picture of the Demon fuselage plug.

The canopy is a rough cut and is being re-done at the moment. The one shown here is too small and has a wrong transition at the top.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by NZjet
Wow what a absolute stupid narrow minded inbred comment to make.
Agreed. And that explains a lot.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:54 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NZjet
Wow what a absolute stupid narrow minded inbred comment to make.
Your comment is stupid. Specifically the inbred part. Kind of flying Nazi emblem aircraft at events. You just don't see it. Glad I got rid of mine. To each their own but I won't look at any of them and that's my choice.

Last edited by ledd4u; 09-23-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:09 PM
invertmast

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by ledd4u

Your comment is stupid. Specifically the inbred part. Kind of flying Nazi emblem aircraft at events. You just don't see it. Glad I got rid of mine. To each their own but I won't look at any of them and that's my choice.
you must not go to many warbird events then. Just about every German airplane at a USA warbird event has a german emblem on it (swastika included).
Old 09-23-2018, 12:34 PM
ledd4u

Originally Posted by invertmast

you must not go to many warbird events then. Just about every German airplane at a USA warbird event has a german emblem on it (swastika included).
I do, every year to the October event held at Paradise field Florida. 12’O’clock high. Have not seen one yet with a swastika.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:28 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Personal Choice

I do, every year to the October event held at Paradise field Florida. 12’O’clock high. Have not seen one yet with a swastika.
=========================================
I think I know how you feel, I have never owned a German or Japanese model. This probably gives away my age.

:
Old 09-23-2018, 03:51 PM
invertmast

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

im sorry your blind.

look whats the 2nd photo... a FW190 with a swastika.. gasp!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VVRXlrbXdtMmxB
Old 09-27-2018, 01:27 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks like you may want to consider a T-X now
Old 09-27-2018, 02:09 PM
ledd4u

im sorry your blind.

look whats the 2nd photo... a FW190 with a swastika.. gasp!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VVRXlrbXdtMmxB
I don't attend Top Gun. Actually a very nice plane.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:38 AM
olnico

I am moving a bit backwards into the Demon genesis story.

Here are some more CAD rendering from Siemens NX12 and some explanations.

The plane will be very easy to ship and transport.
The fuselage will be split in 3 parts. Wings, fin, stabilizers will be removable.
The fuselage will break into: nose section, cut at the main panel line in front of the wing, middle section excluding the beaver tail, and rear section ( essentially the beaverr tail itself ). The rear section will split just at the tailpipe.
The wing will have two 30 mm carbon tubes. The rear main tube will be a single 3 foot piece ( that passes just below the thrust tube ). The carbon sleeve will be ceramic coated and aluminum shielded to avoid heat transfer.
The front wing tube will stop at the engine bypass section.

The engine and fuel tank will be located exactly on the CG.
The plane is designed for a 120-140 class powerplant and is designed for 15 g load at 16 kgs takeoff weight.
Tank size will be 5 liters. A smaller/ lighter plasma bag option will be available for 13.5 kg class scale competition.

The flight controls are:
2 stabilizers, 1 rudder, 2 slats, 2 flaps, 2 ailerons, 1 steering. or 10 servos.
The flaps, ailerons and slats will be live hinged, like our Crusader, with our Gorillahinge system ( a polymer infused fabric that sustains 200 kg.cm of tear force ). They will include an aerodynamic seal surface, like the Crusader.
All control links will be hidden.

The tail section ( beaver tail ) will be removable and include the fin support, stabilizer support and fin/ stabilizers servos.
A large hatch will be located at the top of the beaver tail to give access to the 3 servos.
The stabilizer and rudder controls links will be hidden.
The rudder will be controlled with a torque rod system that slides in a slot at the bottom of the surface.

The tail section will connect to the center section with 4 screws and 3 carbon tubes to ensure perfect rigidity and pitch/ yaw precision.
Al large bearing system will be set this section, between two carbon fiber bulkhead.
The two stabilizer servos will be relatively close to the shafts.
The rudder servo will located at the center, in front of the stabilizer servos.

The stabilizer shafts will be made of Alcoa Al 2028 12 mm rods. The will have a key system to permanently lock the arms.
The control arms will be keyed/ clamped with a M3 socket head screw.
The shafts will be supported by two ultra high tolerance 12 mm needle bearings each. These sustain 500 lbs each.
The bearing block is a billet milled Al 7075 unit that is sandwiched between two carbon fiber bulkheads.

This assembly is exactly the same as for our 1/7 scale Crusader and has proven to be absolutely bullet proof.

Last edited by olnico; 09-29-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:39 AM
ETOPS

A 66% BD5-J would be great to see in the USA.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:42 PM
olnico

Here are a few pictures of the raw plug cutting process before surface finish.

Plates of milling material are aligned on our fast processing router, vacuum clamped and cut in slices that will be glued together at a later stage.

Here is an example showing the female plug wing mold. The hollow shape allows for a reduction of material cost, mold weight and cutting time of about 30%.

For the flying surfaces, we process negative molds to make a composite positive plug. This allows us to work safely on thin trailing edges without braking them, as we have an extensive surface work going on with these parts.

Here are the negative molds completely cut out of the Kuka robot.

Another shot of the male fuselage plug shape being milled on the Kuka. These are the half beaver tail parts. These specific parts are milled from two faces. The negative exhaust radius has too much angle for the water cooled 30 KW exo bearing milling monster head to do its job in one setting without collisions.

We have two Kuka milling robots at the factory. One two ton KR240 on a fixed base and one 4 ton KR320 on a 30 meter long rail. We exclusively use the KR240 at Enata Aerospace as it allows a milling precision of 1/15 mm within a half sphere of 3 meters diameter.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:31 AM
olnico

Here is some update on the Demon tooling production, with some details on the wing plug molds production.

The tooling board is cut 0.5 mm wider than the finished shape. The mold is then pressure gun sprayed with a milling fairing compound at 1 mm thickness. After curing, the shape is finished to final dimension with thin passes.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:34 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Oli,
you guys should look into an F11f Tiger. I mean afterall, how can you not want to do one when its (as far as i have been able to find in research) the only airplane to ever shoot itself down with its own gun. Lol
This. The F-11F would be an incredible flying airplane. The big stumbling block is the main landing gear. The geometry on it is bizarre to say the least.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:35 AM
Doug Cronkhite

Originally Posted by ETOPS
A 66% BD5-J would be great to see in the USA.
There are some people in Austria kitting one I think at this size.. but yeah, getting it to the USA would cost a small fortune.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:39 AM
ETOPS

Yes they did a great scale BD. Check out the landing gear ! Tried to have a kit sent back in June 2017 but it did not happen.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:18 PM
olnico

Here is a video of a tricky part to machine: the negative angle of the Demon beaver tail.
The video shows the kuka CAM accelerated simulation, then the real life machining.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/298833959" width="640" height="1138" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demon beaver tail negative milling from Oli Ni on Vimeo.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Rut roh.

https://www.centralfloridasports.com...2-oclock-high/

Kidding aside, on what level are you equating cold war era MiGs with swastikas? Or is it just any aircraft representing an adversary in a past conflict? What about a Fokker Dr.1?
Old 11-07-2018, 08:00 AM
smiller

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
F-106!
Ditto ! Big 106. 1/6.5 or 1/7.

Scott
Old 11-23-2018, 11:08 PM
olnico

Here are some details about the F-3H Demon fuselage plug assembly.
The Fuselage plug inner core was milled with matching alignment holes. These holes allow the insertion of M10 threaded rods that serve two purposes: aligning the two halves and pressing them together at the gluing stage.
Before gluing, the halves are aligned and measurements are taken to verify the width of the plug. It is not uncommon that milling deviations create an offset in the parting plan, thickening the two halves . This is easily detected by verifying the plug width once assembled. Here are a few pictures of the plug after gluing.

Here is a view from the front that shows the alignment of the seam line.

The same view front the back, that shows the alignment of the beaver tail flat surfaces.

And a side view of the nose area. The threaded rod that presses the front halves is visible here, as well as the flatness of the canopy surface.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:45 AM
Doug Cronkhite

The demon was always a weird airplane to me.. but you can absolutely see it was the father to the F-4 Phantom design..
Old 11-24-2018, 06:29 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
The demon was always a weird airplane to me.. but you can absolutely see it was the father to the F-4 Phantom design..
Yes, when you actually work on that plane, it becomes very apparent.
It is a weird looking airplane, indeed. But it has grown on me tremendously. I actually find it very impressive and I really like the old fashion shape. Like the F-4D Skyray...
Old 12-30-2018, 03:13 AM
olnico

Here are a couple of pictures of the wing plugs manufacture.

1. The wing plug molds buffed and ready to laminate

The lamination process:

And the wing plugs released:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.