Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

kingtech turbine rc engine k70g2 fatal problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

kingtech turbine rc engine k70g2 fatal problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 12:38 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Did you not read the whole thread?

Did you pick up the phone and call Barry?

Did you pick up the phone and call Dirk?

Try those steps first.

What I know directly from Barry when I saw him at Hemet. They are working on a solution, they are doing extensive testing to make sure they don't put out a fix and put out a permanent solution instead.

Personally I would be happy I didn't get a rush job and sent something that may or may not have the same problem later so I can go on RCU and flame people without thinking first.

You will know when they know.
+1
Old 01-27-2019, 12:56 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I have had to do a bit of a clean up on this thread and the culprit has been warned about his forum behaviour.

My thanks to the forum member who made the report that things were getting out of hand.

Again a reminder if you see something you don't like report it. I am the guy with the big stick and will take whatever action I think is required to allow a free exchange of ideas communicated politely.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:42 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

This is the kind of thing that makes me think sometimes what Im trying to do with my small little business isn't worth it. Seems no matter how hard I do my best to keep folks in formed and give the best service possible this can always happen just because someone has a bad day. People are very impatient these days and the need for instance service can be very stressful, im not defending either side just something to think about. Always close the look on service and if the customer is on hold due to his item needing repair always try to give updates, this is why I make it super easy to contact me via website, facebook, email, or text.
Cheers! and remember its a hobby about fun, friends and the joy of flying!!!
Old 01-27-2019, 03:33 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
This is the kind of thing that makes me think sometimes what Im trying to do with my small little business isn't worth it. Seems no matter how hard I do my best to keep folks in formed and give the best service possible this can always happen just because someone has a bad day. People are very impatient these days and the need for instance service can be very stressful, im not defending either side just something to think about. Always close the look on service and if the customer is on hold due to his item needing repair always try to give updates, this is why I make it super easy to contact me via website, facebook, email, or text.
I think you have the right idea by keeping customers informed, also I think whenever someone posts something negative about your company it would be a good idea to post
your side of the story right away.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:22 PM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by ira d
I think you have the right idea by keeping customers informed, also I think whenever someone posts something negative about your company it would be a good idea to post
your side of the story right away.
I will say another thing I have noticed when dealing with overseas product it does add some extra time due to their response time, so be sure to account for that as well.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:07 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have never done business with you. I would love to at some point. Your presence here goes a long way. Do the right thing, communicate, and follow through and the word will get out. Best of luck.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:12 AM
FenderBean

I appreciate that, thanks for your comments. I have dealt with both Barry and Dirk good guys who enjoy the hobby, Dirk helped a lot to get problems rectified on my SM F-18.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:59 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's usually only a handful unless a vendor has screwed up totally.

Most (like 99%) are thankful for their stuff, your services and expertise and act accordingly.

There's always that one or two persons per year that is never going to be satisfied
Old 01-29-2019, 10:34 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will say another thing I have noticed when dealing with overseas product it does add some extra time due to their response time, so be sure to account for that as well.

No doubt dealing with overseas will take extra time in most cases but I think most people will be fine as long as they feel they are kept informed.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:20 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by isaacb
I am very sorry !!!!
Do you seem likely to wait until the end of February
From November?
4 months of waiting without flying?
Very disappointed with the service of Kingtech

Isaac
What were you expecting when something like this happens on a large scale???

They have to find the batch of engines that have the problem, and isolate them. With them scattered across the globe that alone takes a lot of time.
Then they have to find the raw material that caused the problem and isolate that.
Then they have to find out why the raw material caused the problem.
Then they need to source new raw materials to make the new parts.
Then they have to test the new parts to ensure they are safe and reliable.
Then they have to replace those parts and fix any other damage that may have happened.
Then they need to ship them back out.

Considering all of that, I am not sure what you are expecting. The fact that it will be 4-5 months considering ALL of that should have you singing praises...
Old 03-05-2019, 03:20 AM
extra300s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is March and no reply yet? New compressor wheels available for this motor?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:35 PM
Desertlakesflying

Originally Posted by extra300s
Did you call Dirk or Barry and ask them?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:07 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a K-70 with us? If you do, the only thing you have to do is to email Vera at [email protected] and request an update.

The factory has the new wheel available for warranty replacements.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:36 AM
extra300s

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Do you have a K-70 with us? If you do, the only thing you have to do is to email Vera at [email protected] and request an update.

No still have it with me in South Africa. Good to hear the new compressor is available now. Will try to have one fitted locally to avoid the long shipping time and costs.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:26 AM
extra300s

Someone please post a pic of the new compressor wheel so we know if the turbines we buy has been upgraded or not yet.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Desertlakesflying

Someone please post a pic of the new compressor wheel so we know if the turbines we buy has been upgraded or not yet.

Thanks
Did you not read Barry's post? A picture is not going to show you any kind of upgrade...
Old 03-08-2019, 10:21 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Did you not read Barry's post? A picture is not going to show you any kind of upgrade...
Which post of Barry's explains that? I'm not looking to compare the old and new designs, but I'm curious where you read what you are alluding to here...
Old 03-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Desertlakesflying

do you have a k-70 with us? If you do, the only thing you have to do is to email vera at [email protected] and request an update.

this one explains they are ready... Where did it ever say it would be a NEW DESIGN??? I'm curious as to what you are alluding to here....

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 03-08-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:17 PM
Auburn02

Where did it ever say it would be a NEW DESIGN??? I'm curious as to what you are alluding to here....
Right here:

Yes, we are having some K-70 compressor wheel problems, not all, but some. The factory is looking into the possible harmonic or some sort of sympathetic vibration induced damage to some of these wheels. The factory has a new design of the compressor, the initial testing with this new wheel yields a lower temperature and better thrust. So the new K-70 should have a lower full throttle RPM.

We are very sorry for the trouble and thank you for your patience for working with us.

Regards,
Barry
Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks
pretty sure they will look the same to the naked eye. But I will see if I can confirm this. I do know when other engines got new compressors I could not phisicaly see the difference.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:53 PM
extra300s

Geez some seriously bad attitidudes here. My current k70 has KT marking on the compressor. Would of been easy just to replace with V2 or some indication. Im not flying a k70 which does not have the fixed wheel in it... how can KT or anyone expect that. Jets are to expensive to take such a risk!
Old 03-10-2019, 05:42 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon guys KEEP IT POLITE

Da mod
Old 03-10-2019, 03:56 PM
Hans Hilmar

Anyone sent their K-70 G2 turbine in for upgrade? Or is it too early..

BR. Hans
Old 03-11-2019, 06:11 AM
Auburn02

Im not flying a k70 which does not have the fixed wheel in it... how can KT or anyone expect that. Jets are to expensive to take such a risk!
I'm living on the edge.

As Barry mentioned, all of the ones the factory diagnosed with this issue failed within the first 3 hours of use. One individual did post that at ~400 minutes his failed, but I'll consider that an outlier if not even a completely unrelated issue. In any event mine has about 450 minutes on it without a hiccup, I'll run it until it needs service or the plane meets a more gruesome demise and have it upgraded at that time.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:28 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

One of members was told several weeks ago by KT to send his in for the upgrade/repair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.