Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Transmitter question for Jet RC aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Transmitter question for Jet RC aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Factorypilot
Great information; thank you. With respect to Jeti, I was curious about some of the things you mentioned concerning receivers, servos, etc. so I'll be looking into that. I too have heard of some issues (specifically brown outs) with the Spektrum, but even so there seems to be a favorable disposition towards the DX-20. I'm interested in product support after the sale, so I'll be researching that as well. Jannica mentioned waiting for the new stuff from Power core, but newer technology is a double-edged sword and I usually don't purchase unproven platforms in any venue. I'm just looking for something that is going to be reliable with great features and support. Very helpful information, I appreciate it.
Spektrum brownouts are 99.99999999% human error.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Factorypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Spektrum brownouts are 99.99999999% human error.
Can you elaborate?
Old 11-13-2018, 10:49 AM
shepga

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm...I'm also interested in an elaboration as I previously owned a JR9303 with both JR and Spektrum receivers.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:45 PM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Four years ago , decided to try turbines but wanted telemetry to go with it. Since there was no possibly of Airtronics Sd10g going with telemetry ; so did some research and Jeti was it. It did take a fair bit of my RC cash but in the end ; the hit wasn’t that bad as I sold off a fair bit of my Airtronics 2.4 stuff.
After using it (DS16) decided that the more I used it the better I liked it. As for service I haven’t had to use any . Just did one or two software upgrades to bump the channel count from 16 to 24 channels plus more features, no added hardware needed. The manufacturer listens well to users. Find the cost of receivers ,comparable to Futaba or Jr DMSS ; pretty much the same or sometimes less.

Last edited by stegl; 11-16-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:36 PM
speed is life

My recent progression (last 10 years & modern radio’s) has been Multiplex, Weatronic, and now Jeti.
A search would reveal the sad story behind Multiplex & Wea.....I liked both just fine.....but they just could not get their acts together, especially in the USA. Weatronics is now a dead duck......
I’m a very happy Jeti DS-16 user for (I think) 3 1/2 years now, never looked back.
- Mike

Last edited by speed is life; 11-18-2018 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:32 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I was happy with Multiplex too but I guess they didn't care. Jeti now and will probably be my last brand.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:35 PM
speed is life

Originally Posted by causeitflies
I was happy with Multiplex too but I guess they didn't care. Jeti now and will probably be my last brand.
Yep. Hitec/Multiplex USA was bought (some years ago now) by an investor from Korea and the new organization did not feel the need to go to the cost/effort to do the FCC certification for Multiplex 2.4ghz. Hence.....no more Multiplex (or service) in the USA. Sad.......
Old 11-18-2018, 09:44 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I heard that Powerbox bought the Weatronic stuff.and that they are using the technology.Can anyone verify this?
Old 11-18-2018, 11:41 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Perfect time to grab your DS24 this coming week... contact Danny at https://www.aeropanda.com/
Old 11-19-2018, 02:29 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wildnloose
I heard that Powerbox bought the Weatronic stuff.and that they are using the technology.Can anyone verify this?
They did indeed but quickly found problems in the design of the BAT transmitter and did not want to take on the liabilities for any trouble that it caused so they promptly closed it. Their new system, the Core transmitter and receivers, use the Weatronic transmission system but is not compatible with the previous Weatronic receivers.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:43 PM
stegl

Originally Posted by ravill
When Jeti came out with their new 24 channel transmitter, what happened to all the folks that had Jeti’s “old” 16 channel?

They got new 24 channel transmitters too. For free.

Say what you will, if this kind of approach to technology upgrades is what a company takes, then it seems pretty reasonable to say that Jeti really cares about their customer base.

Now throw on top all of the goodies that Jeti offers?

You make the call.
and where did you get the info ; free exchange from the 16’s to the 24’s ? Very happy with my DS16 with no need to upgrade to the 24 as it does all I want and then some. Yes the initial transmitter investment was there but don’t find the receivers any pricier than Futaba or the JR. DMSS telemetry ones, simetimes less.
Previously , a person asked , will it have temperature telemetry for individual multi cylinder engines ? Yes it can and will even read out what they are on demand . You are the boss !

Last edited by stegl; 11-20-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:26 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

What rav meant was that the 16 channel radio was updated to 24 channels for free via a simple download.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:19 AM
stegl

That would make more sense...... There has been other upgrades ; fine tuning if you want to call it; for users requests; as Jeti listen's to users wants
and if there is enough they do the programming., unlike others. Here in Canada there are a few who would like to own Jeti
but refuse to purchase because of the distributors negativeness or whatever you could call it toward other manufacturers which may be true but
My argument is that to use a great product ; disregard what the comments are with them and focus more on the manufacturer and their products.
The distributor is just someone you deal with for a few minutes for the order and that's it. Once you have the radio, receivers and products in hand
the distributer is done with as there are great help forums on line with Rcgroups, Rcuniverse, Rccanucks and Rccanada just to name a few.
Lots of retailers north and south of the border to purchase from.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:41 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

I held a Jeti the other day and it had a nice look and feel.. a solid radio. For those who have owned JR/Futaba, would you guys say the programmability and feature set/telemetry offering is on a whole new level?
I guess you can get glideslope telemetry info?