RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What’s coming 2019?

Reply

Old 12-05-2018, 12:29 PM
  #1  
Mikey5547
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 324
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What’s coming 2019?

A annual tradition I do at the end of every year to see what’s coming out next year. I know T-one are doing T50 and Yak 130. Very much looking forward to that. Not sure which one to pick and Skymaster are doing giant SU35. Anyone know what else is being planned?
Mikey5547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:27 PM
  #2  
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 354
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Has Der Jets officially released the A6 Prowler?
erh7771 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:43 PM
  #3  
flejter1
 
flejter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Oak Hills, CA
Posts: 463
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey5547 View Post
A annual tradition I do at the end of every year to see what’s coming out next year. I know T-one are doing T50 and Yak 130. Very much looking forward to that. Not sure which one to pick and Skymaster are doing giant SU35. Anyone know what else is being planned?
Yes, T-One Models is almost ready to release the F-22, T-50, Yak 130 and yet another jet I am not at liberty to talk about until the factory is ready to make the announcement. I can say the install is happening as I am typing this, and the maiden should happen very soon. On the drawing board for T-One Models for 2019 is going to be a Micro T-1 (57" +/-) for the K-30/K-45, a 110" F9F-8 Cougar, and a 107" F-15E.

Aviation Jets is just waiting on the gear to be delivered for us to release the their 1/7 SU-35, they are also working on the big brother to that coming in at 3.7M. I am really excited about the next one, as they are almost done with the mold and building the prototype, is a 100" A-10. The A-10 will come with Scale Electric retracts, machined aluminum fans, operational canopy, Cockpit, scale lights and full ordinance package. Aviation Jets makes strong and very light jets and this should fly great with a pair of K-70's or K-85's. The best thing about it is, it will be a 2 piece fuselage allowing us to ship it EMS and keeping the shipping around the $400.00 range. If you look at the scale detailing Aviation is producing, this A-10 should be stellar!! They also have a 104" F-35 on the drawing board that should make it out for 2019. They also have the mold finished for the SU-27 and it may be converted to the SU-37 with Canards.

That's all I have to add for your list for now, ;-)

Dirk
Pacific RC Jets
flejter1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:09 PM
  #4  
Dave Wilshere
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Watford, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 10,317
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Has Der Jets officially released the A6 Prowler?
Yes...
Dave Wilshere is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:10 AM
  #5  
FenderBean
 
FenderBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Hood Tx
Posts: 6,232
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by flejter1 View Post
Yes, T-One Models is almost ready to release the F-22, T-50, Yak 130 and yet another jet I am not at liberty to talk about until the factory is ready to make the announcement. I can say the install is happening as I am typing this, and the maiden should happen very soon. On the drawing board for T-One Models for 2019 is going to be a Micro T-1 (57" +/-) for the K-30/K-45, a 110" F9F-8 Cougar, and a 107" F-15E.

Aviation Jets is just waiting on the gear to be delivered for us to release the their 1/7 SU-35, they are also working on the big brother to that coming in at 3.7M. I am really excited about the next one, as they are almost done with the mold and building the prototype, is a 100" A-10. The A-10 will come with Scale Electric retracts, machined aluminum fans, operational canopy, Cockpit, scale lights and full ordinance package. Aviation Jets makes strong and very light jets and this should fly great with a pair of K-70's or K-85's. The best thing about it is, it will be a 2 piece fuselage allowing us to ship it EMS and keeping the shipping around the $400.00 range. If you look at the scale detailing Aviation is producing, this A-10 should be stellar!! They also have a 104" F-35 on the drawing board that should make it out for 2019. They also have the mold finished for the SU-27 and it may be converted to the SU-37 with Canards.

That's all I have to add for your list for now,

Dirk
Pacific RC Jets
A lot of folks will be interested in that large F-35 for sure, im hoping for one of the f-22s but been a bit worried at the way they did the over sized panels. Waiting to see guns build on his, before i decide but this would be a perfect retirement treat to myself.
FenderBean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:11 AM
  #6  
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,670
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Hoping to win the lottery so I can have one of each, but seriously considering either the F-22, or the T-50. Definitely would be interested in the F-35.
David Jackson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:48 PM
  #7  
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)
 
RCISFUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 6,301
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Has Der Jets officially released the A6 Prowler?
It is on their web site, Jim Hiller flew his in (first prototype in US) in October
It has two of the new Jet Central Hornets for power.


EA6b - Der Jet Model





Last edited by RCISFUN; 12-07-2018 at 03:51 PM.
RCISFUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:48 PM
  #8  
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)
 
JSF-TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 781
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Rich,

That Prowler engine install is almost exactly like the concept that I'm developing for my Buccaneer. Same class of engine too (85-100N).

A couple of questions if you don't mind;

What are the inner and outer pipe diameters?
What is the overall length of each pipe?
What would you estimate the pipe turning angle to be at that rear bulkhead?

Thanks

Paul
JSF-TC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:59 AM
  #9  
Mikey5547
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 324
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by FenderBean View Post
A lot of folks will be interested in that large F-35 for sure, im hoping for one of the f-22s but been a bit worried at the way they did the over sized panels. Waiting to see guns build on his, before i decide but this would be a perfect retirement treat to myself.
I would have thought you would have bought the Derjet Prowler?
Mikey5547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:44 AM
  #10  
FenderBean
 
FenderBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Hood Tx
Posts: 6,232
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey5547 View Post

I would have thought you would have bought the Derjet Prowler?
Yeah, it looks soooo much different than the original A-6. I am a particular guy with things I like with models, I am holding out on MIBO, they have a large 1/5 done just need someone to make the gear. I have one project underway, my next project is already decided so hopefully one comes along soon. The A-6 is my top of the list want for models for sure.
FenderBean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:12 PM
  #11  
marc s
 
marc s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: farnborough, , UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,236
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Jim if I had access to a flying site like that I would never be at home!

marcs
marc s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 PM
  #12  
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)
 
RCISFUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 6,301
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by marc s View Post
Jim if I had access to a flying site like that I would never be at home!

marcs
Marc, that flying site is about a 7 hour drive from Jim and 8 1/2 hrs from me!

Fall Jet Classic, October 10-14, 2018

Last edited by RCISFUN; 12-08-2018 at 03:27 PM.
RCISFUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:26 PM
  #13  
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)
 
RCISFUN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 6,301
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by JSF-TC View Post
Rich,

That Prowler engine install is almost exactly like the concept that I'm developing for my Buccaneer. Same class of engine too (85-100N).

A couple of questions if you don't mind;

What are the inner and outer pipe diameters?
What is the overall length of each pipe?
What would you estimate the pipe turning angle to be at that rear bulkhead?

Thanks
Paul
Paul
Jim Hiller could answer those questions as it is his model.
He is currently writing the manual for Der Jet..
You can PM Jim at Jetmodeler
RCISFUN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:14 PM
  #14  
Mikey5547
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 324
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by flejter1 View Post
Yes, T-One Models is almost ready to release the F-22, T-50, Yak 130 and yet another jet I am not at liberty to talk about until the factory is ready to make the announcement. I can say the install is happening as I am typing this, and the maiden should happen very soon. On the drawing board for T-One Models for 2019 is going to be a Micro T-1 (57" +/-) for the K-30/K-45, a 110" F9F-8 Cougar, and a 107" F-15E.

Aviation Jets is just waiting on the gear to be delivered for us to release the their 1/7 SU-35, they are also working on the big brother to that coming in at 3.7M. I am really excited about the next one, as they are almost done with the mold and building the prototype, is a 100" A-10. The A-10 will come with Scale Electric retracts, machined aluminum fans, operational canopy, Cockpit, scale lights and full ordinance package. Aviation Jets makes strong and very light jets and this should fly great with a pair of K-70's or K-85's. The best thing about it is, it will be a 2 piece fuselage allowing us to ship it EMS and keeping the shipping around the $400.00 range. If you look at the scale detailing Aviation is producing, this A-10 should be stellar!! They also have a 104" F-35 on the drawing board that should make it out for 2019. They also have the mold finished for the SU-27 and it may be converted to the SU-37 with Canards.

That's all I have to add for your list for now, ;-)

Dirk
Pacific RC Jets
Wow T-one and aviation jets are bringing out some exciting jets. The aviation jets su27 looks amazing so can only imagine what their A10 and F35 will look like. Will be cool to see a large cougar and F15 too. Very much looking forward to the announcement of their secret project!
Mikey5547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:06 AM
  #15  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 3,790
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by marc s View Post
Jim if I had access to a flying site like that I would never be at home!

marcs
Thank you Marc, Im a member there. We are fortunate to have such a facility.
Bob_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:26 AM
  #16  
marc s
 
marc s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: farnborough, , UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,236
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Bob amazing place, hope life is treating you well.

marcs
marc s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:04 AM
  #17  
FenderBean
 
FenderBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fort Hood Tx
Posts: 6,232
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Jets Munt has some larger turbines on the board.
FenderBean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:09 AM
  #18  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 3,790
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Doing great Marc hope you are doing well too! This video gives an idea of just how nice the facility is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=En9ZKe...ature=youtu.be
Bob_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:24 AM
  #19  
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)
 
yeahbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: FT Worth, TX
Posts: 6,064
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Does the field have power available amigo?
yeahbaby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:44 AM
  #20  
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)
 
Bob_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bluegrass State of Mind
Posts: 3,790
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Electric and water! All paved too!
Bob_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:00 PM
  #21  
Mikey5547
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 324
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

How about BVM or Skymaster? Someone posted about some projects a while ago but haven’t heard much since
Mikey5547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:20 PM
  #22  
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)
 
yeahbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: FT Worth, TX
Posts: 6,064
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Sweet
yeahbaby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:17 AM
  #23  
JoeJr1485
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 439
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

O snap I will be following Aviation Jets A10!!!! about time we have another dealer making the A10. I am wondering what the price point would be on it.

Last edited by JoeJr1485; 12-10-2018 at 10:24 AM.
JoeJr1485 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:17 AM
  #24  
Mikey5547
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 324
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Anyone know what Skymaster or bvm are bringing out this year?
Mikey5547 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:21 PM
  #25  
Jetmodeler
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 277
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default


JSF-TC,
Here is picture of the tailpipe for the DerJet Prowler, sorry I can't answer you questions on dimensions at this time as I have the Prowler in winter storage right now, but will be bringing it out shortly after Christmas for annual inspection and maintenance. The tailpipe sizes are very typical of a 60-85 Newton turbine, nothing special there. The tailpipes only have about 2 hrs. of run time now, but appeared to be holding up well so far.
Jim
Jetmodeler is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service