Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-one models F22A Raptor scale build!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-one models F22A Raptor scale build!!!

Old 02-04-2019, 09:10 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd

well I didn’t want to post much on the panel lines since that will be fixed on the production ones. They sent me pics over the weekend and they are in the middle of making an entire new set of molds with the correct panel line depth.

For mine I am using filler primer and regular filler and a crap load of sanding. It’s getting their but very time consuming. Allot of the panel lines are ok but some where very exaggerated and takes allot of work.

Ill take pics pics when I’m done with this part.
maybe 1/16” depron will help and just laminate it with finishing fiberglass this will be the lightest and maybe easier than bondo all over,or maybe just sending down most of the exposed surfaces.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:07 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

well I didn’t want to post much on the panel lines since that will be fixed on the production ones. They sent me pics over the weekend and they are in the middle of making an entire new set of molds with the correct panel line depth.

For mine I am using filler primer and regular filler and a crap load of sanding. It’s getting their but very time consuming. Allot of the panel lines are ok but some where very exaggerated and takes allot of work.

Ill take pics pics when I’m done with this part.
Yeah I understand not documenting that in great detail since it's not something future builders will be faced with. I was mainly curious if you were literally having to fill all the low spots entirely, or if you would just try to soften the edges so to speak. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Yeah I understand not documenting that in great detail since it's not something future builders will be faced with. I was mainly curious if you were literally having to fill all the low spots entirely, or if you would just try to soften the edges so to speak. Thanks.

yep basically making soft edges and bringing up the lower spots some.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:34 AM
gunradd

Didn’t do much last night but starting to figure out how I’m going to lay it all out. Going to install the receiver in the main hatch with the gyro. This will make the servo leads going to all the flight controls many feet shorter so less resistance. The uat I’m thinking will end up behind the cockpit since as a rule during a build the uat always goes near the tanks for me. That means the pump will end up their also.

Air system will will go in the nose along with batteries depending on cg. Last night I worked on getting all the airlines up to the nose. Lots of airlines on this bird.... the opening missile doors have 16 airlines alone. A good part is the plane includes real good airline and Ts and Ys. Not crap airline like other manufactures that you throw away. I’m going to use that new 9 valve air controller with a 9 valve block.

The controller has a port to add an on board air pump. I’m going to look into this option or maybe even take an air pump apart and install it myself. This plane will have a stupid light wing loading and having a pump on the plane would be really nice. In the end it might not work out and I can always just use a conventional air system.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:37 AM
gunradd

Also a cool function is the gun door. The F22 to keep stealth has a door that opens and closes when the gun fires. The factory molds this door separately so if you wanted to make it operational you could. Unfortunately I won’t have enough channels I don’t think.

Old 02-05-2019, 04:45 AM
gunradd

Pic

Last edited by gunradd; 02-05-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:01 AM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Honestly Bro just the sanding of all the raised areas made it look a loooot better! I still think this will help T-1 sell more buy doing normal panel lines though, dang it man someone needs to buy my Rebel Pro so I can order one!!! LOL
I didnt know about the gun door, thats really cool as well, its a perfect spot for a charging/air fill location!

Does the gear use the larger Airline?
How are their air cylinders compared to others? I end up replacing them every time and while I sell ultra precision stuff it would be nice for once to use stock air items.
Thanks for the info

Last edited by FenderBean; 02-05-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Looping31

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Gunradd,
I’m waiting for mine, already ordered, shipping est. end of june..
Could you confirm that the stabs are easily removable for transport ?
Thanks.
Arnaud
Old 02-05-2019, 10:35 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by Looping31
Hi Gunradd,
I’m waiting for mine, already ordered, shipping est. end of june..
Could you confirm that the stabs are easily removable for transport ?
Thanks.
Arnaud

hello Arnaud

yes stabs abs come off easy. They are direct drive and only have one large bolt near the vector nozzles to take them off. Very good system. I’m waiting for the special washers so I can show that part.

Verticals also come come off easy for transport.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:38 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Honestly Bro just the sanding of all the raised areas made it look a loooot better! I still think this will help T-1 sell more buy doing normal panel lines though, dang it man someone needs to buy my Rebel Pro so I can order one!!! LOL
I didnt know about the gun door, thats really cool as well, its a perfect spot for a charging/air fill location!

Does the gear use the larger Airline?
How are their air cylinders compared to others? I end up replacing them every time and while I sell ultra precision stuff it would be nice for once to use stock air items.
Thanks for the info

kieth the gear has 3mm lines. The gear is made by airbeast and looks to be very well made with a positive down lock so you can push it around without pressure. I checked all the gear cylinders already no leaks. I have not checked the doors yet but hopefully it’s fine. The euro fighter from T1 gear doors /air brake and canopy never leaked.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:16 PM
FenderBean

Right on! Thanks
Old 02-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, you’ve got my mouth drooling man! I ordered one a month ago and can hardly wait for it to arrive, though I’m assuming the re-fit on the panel lines will delay things somewhat...

Keep up the great work sir! Very helpful to see how you do things etc. Thanks!!!

Looking forward to each installment...

Len
Old 02-05-2019, 03:52 PM
FenderBean

Len so no chance to talk you out of yours then huh? It made me put up my rebel pro for sale!
Old 02-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Len so no chance to talk you out of yours then huh? It made me put up my rebel pro for sale!
Nope, sorry Keith, I have been on the list since before there was a list for this plane...Dirk is tired of me by now too! Saw your Rebel Pro on FB and knew instantly why!

Good luck on the sale Keith! Hope it goes to a good home...

Len
Old 02-05-2019, 06:07 PM
gunradd

Big block showed up today along with the pipe! Pipe should be out on display not inside of a jet 😎. Got the engine fitted and started fitting pipe. I need to make a rear support for the pipe. The production models will have one.

Got an idea on how to do hidden hatch latches. We will see it it works out. I’ll post about it after I do it. Not sure when I will work on that part.

So this weekend my goal is to remove the rear fuselage and get the wiring in and pipe in then reinstall. I was going to fill the gap on the rear fuselage but thinking now I might leave it so I can get in for maintenance.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:43 AM
gunradd

Still have one more vent to install on main tank
Started working on the fuel tanks. The plane comes with good fuel fittings not the crap you just throw away every build. It should go with out saying but you need to hysol the vents in after drilling and make sure you hysol the nipples into the main stopper.

I would say over 90% of turbine issues and flameouts are caused by the fuel system. I go the extra mile when setting mine up to avoid issues. I plan on having 2 vents plumbed into the two saddle tanks. Then both saddles will feed into the main tank with two vents installed on the main tank. The main tank will feed the UAT. I have a large UAT coming since I’m using a 260 and the main fuel tank is so long I can see it sucking some air near the end of the fligh during maneuvers.

You will I’ll never see me install a T or Y fitting in a fuel system. It creates added suction and is not necessary.

Last edited by gunradd; 02-06-2019 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:16 AM
FenderBean

I agree with you here Gun, I always over size my plumbing and I have had several people comment on how low my pump voltages are from this as well...... Going out on a limb here but is it far to say the stock fittings are not hi-flow?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:42 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Placed and order for the F-22 on Dec 18th. Hope is gets here before June. If not, I will enjoy watching Chris fly his at Kentucky Jets.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:57 AM
gunradd

I agree with you here Gun, I always over size my plumbing and I have had several people comment on how low my pump voltages are from this as well...... Going out on a limb here but is it far to say the stock fittings are not hi-flow?

kieth it’s not high flow. I’m only going with a k260 so no need for it. If I was going with a k320 it would need highflow in my opinion though.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:59 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by David Jackson
Placed and order for the F-22 on Dec 18th. Hope is gets here before June. If not, I will enjoy watching Chris fly his at Kentucky Jets.

david they sent me pictures 2 nights ago on the work they are doing. They are making an entire new mold but working as quick as possible. They should be back after the Chinese New Year next Monday working. Great manufacture to work with. They listen and do great work on our feedback.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:00 AM
FenderBean

Hey Gun, have you seen anything on the wing tank option? Also did they put any hard points in your wings for it?
Old 02-06-2019, 01:20 PM
gunradd

Hey Gun, have you seen anything on the wing tank option? Also did they put any hard points in your wings for it?

yes i I have the wing tanks. Not sure about hard points. Have not got that far yet.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:44 PM
FenderBean

yes i I have the wing tanks. Not sure about hard points. Have not got that far yet.
right on, thanks
Old 02-06-2019, 01:57 PM
FenderBean

Right on thanks
Old 02-08-2019, 01:40 PM
gunradd

Servos came in!

The important high torque stuff is getting savox 1230 and the other stuff gets savox 1256’s.

So only working on it a few hours I was able to get both rudder servos and both horizontal stab servos installed. Was a very easy install on the rudders. They have a slip joint the screws on top of the servo so when you slide the rudder on it connects it self. Make sure when ordering you specify the servos you are going to use. You don’t want to have the wrong splines. I ended up drilling 2 extra holes so I could get my screw driver in to secure the servo screws. These holes will be covered up when the stabs are installed.

I laid tape down on the edge of where the vertical stab covers to make sure I stayed inside that to drill.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.