Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-one models F22A Raptor scale build!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-one models F22A Raptor scale build!!!

Old 02-13-2019, 04:40 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Only have 4 and a half weeks until FLjets.... lots of work still to do. My missile racks look like will work good and I’ll start that install next along with trying to get the hidden hatch latches done. After that it becomes a normal build for the most part until I do the air system with it’s on board air pump.

Markings from Tailormadedecals are almost done. Going to start working on getting the paint. On my yellow I used a crap load of testors model master paints. I think on this one I might mix one batch and then have it matched at a paint store. Not sure. The color on the F22 is VERY challenging to get right. I might just end up doing the Modelmaster paint again since I know it’s the correct color.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:17 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Nothing like a short deadline to light the fires! Can't wait to see it at Florida.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:39 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck Chris! Hope you win! Love the solutions you always come up with. Also those Strictly scale Missiles are off the hook brother.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:31 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Good luck Chris! Hope you win! Love the solutions you always come up with. Also those Strictly scale Missiles are off the hook brother.
Looking forward to seeing you Andy at KY jets brotha!
Old 02-13-2019, 03:55 PM
F16Jeff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Chris,

Excellent model and T1 quality to boot. I am watching your build and very impressed.

Cheers!

Jeff
Old 02-14-2019, 04:10 PM
gunradd

Thnx Jeff.

starting to work on the hard stuff... scratch built a moving missile rack. It works great! This thing is going to look sick when I open the doors and pop the missile out!

Old 02-14-2019, 04:45 PM
gunradd

Hidden hatch latch system worked good. I open it through the gun door. No more ugly latches 😎.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:28 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Man they really over exaggerated the panels on the jet, not sure why you would do that on a scale jet. Pictures make it look much more than I originally thought. I was going to order but I would like to see the new version once they finish it.
I like the latch idea, since the nose doesn’t come off a good way to accommodate air fills and charge even.

still a cool jet, any chance for MS Jets?

Last edited by FenderBean; 02-14-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:45 PM
gunradd

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Man they really over exaggerated the panels on the jet, not sure why you would do that on a scale jet. Pictures make it look much more than I originally thought. I was going to order but I would like to see the new version once they finish it.
I like the latch idea, since the nose doesn’t come off a good way to accommodate air fills and charge even.

still a cool jet, any chance for MS Jets?
probably not. It’s to far from me. I save my vacation for Kentucky .
Old 02-14-2019, 05:59 PM
FenderBean

Understand, that’s why I never do Florida Jets, I’m hoping to be in Pensacola right before Ms jet so it will allow me to go. I leave here for Huntsville July 7 so gonna hit KY for the mini vacation for the move.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:11 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fender, PM Sent
Old 02-14-2019, 07:58 PM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey Gun,

Good to see the build thread. What is the wingspan of the F22? What is the projected weight? Site only gives you the length of 106.3 long, 2.7M.

How does the size/weight feel when compared to your old FB F15E? Does it feel smaller, bigger, lighter, heavier than the FB F15E?

FB F15E
Length:109"(2768mm)
Wingspan:74"(1880mm)

I own the F15, trying to get a sense of the size. Thanks for the feedback.

sc

Last edited by skunkwurk; 02-15-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:12 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Lookin good!!
Old 02-15-2019, 03:09 PM
gunradd

Originally Posted by skunkwurk
Hey Gun,

Good to see the build thread. What is the wingspan of the F22? What is the projected weight? Site only gives you the length of 106.3 long, 2.7M.

How does the size/weight feel when compared to your old FB F15E? Does it feel smaller, bigger, lighter, heavier than the FB F15E?

FB F15E
Length:109"(2768mm)
Wingspan:74"(1880mm)

I own the F15, trying to get a sense of the size. Thanks for the feedback.

sc

wingspan is about 79 inches.

plane feels bigger then the F15 since it has so much lifting area. On the weight I have no clue yet. I would expect it to be around 50lbs dry. We will see when I get her done. Also remember I’m not at all trying to build it light with an on board air pump and the extra functions I’m adding. It just has so much wing I’m not concerned about weight.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:40 PM
skunkwurk

Originally Posted by gunradd

wingspan is about 79 inches.

plane feels bigger then the F15 since it has so much lifting area. On the weight I have no clue yet. I would expect it to be around 50lbs dry. We will see when I get her done. Also remember I’m not at all trying to build it light with an on board air pump and the extra functions I’m adding. It just has so much wing I’m not concerned about weight.
Thanks, Gun.

Keep up the good work - the F22 is looking great!
Old 02-27-2019, 05:38 AM
gunradd

I have the answer to my problems with the channels on this bird. Dirk recommended I look into the Booma RC receivers. I personally have never herd of these receivers. So I checked and WOW they are some very nice units. This receiver will expand my DX18 with servo matching reverse and all that good stuff up to 26 channels. This will let me do what I want to do on the F22. I have a cortex PRO sitting here for the F22 but I am not going to even open the box since this receiver has a gyro built in that takes weight, barometric pressure and accelerometers into account for the gyro gain. Its a very advanced unit and can be assigned to any channel. This will give me gyro steering along with both rudders horizontal stabs ailerons and thrust vectoring nozzles. Flying a 3D jet I have found a gyro on the thrust vectoring on the nozzles to work out very well. This unit also takes into account the MAH of your batteries and gives you amount left. I messed with it some last night and was blown away how easy it was to understand. I just set up a PB on a friends plane I built for him and wanted to commit suicide after I hit a wrong button and deleted the entire program in the setup wizard. This unit is nothing like that and I was easily able to run through the menus' and understand without going through the instruction books. I also have a magnetic switch for this receiver also. We are very happy to announce PacificRCjets is now a distributor for Booma and Drik has a bunch of stuff in stock now. We also have manuals on our site. Every time we are doing a build and see something we like Dirk normally tries to go out and get it. If it makes our builds better it should work for our customers also.

r

Looks like the air valve system is running behind and I might have to install that system after FLjets. This means I will be installing a normal air system with no pump and external fill valves for the time being. Time is running out. Going to be moving very fast on this plane now. She is almost ready for paint.

Last edited by gunradd; 02-27-2019 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:09 AM
FenderBean

That’s what I do Gun, when I try something new or find something that’s really nice and helpful to our hobby I try to become a dealer for it. I don’t sell anything that isn’t high quality and useless for that majority.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:10 AM
skunkwurk

Gun,

Booma makes great products, I turned a couple fellow pilots onto them.

sc
Old 02-27-2019, 11:27 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the answer to my problems with the channels on this bird. Dirk recommended I look into the Booma RC receivers. I personally have never herd of these receivers. So I checked and WOW they are some very nice units. This receiver will expand my DX18 with servo matching reverse and all that good stuff up to 26 channels. This will let me do what I want to do on the F22. I have a cortex PRO sitting here for the F22 but I am not going to even open the box since this receiver has a gyro built in that takes weight, barometric pressure and accelerometers into account for the gyro gain. Its a very advanced unit and can be assigned to any channel. This will give me gyro steering along with both rudders horizontal stabs ailerons and thrust vectoring nozzles. Flying a 3D jet I have found a gyro on the thrust vectoring on the nozzles to work out very well. This unit also takes into account the MAH of your batteries and gives you amount left. I messed with it some last night and was blown away how easy it was to understand. I just set up a PB on a friends plane I built for him and wanted to commit suicide after I hit a wrong button and deleted the entire program in the setup wizard. This unit is nothing like that and I was easily able to run through the menus' and understand without going through the instruction books. I also have a magnetic switch for this receiver also. We are very happy to announce PacificRCjets is now a distributor for Booma and Drik has a bunch of stuff in stock now. We also have manuals on our site. Every time we are doing a build and see something we like Dirk normally tries to go out and get it. If it makes our builds better it should work for our customers also.

r

Looks like the air valve system is running behind and I might have to install that system after FLjets. This means I will be installing a normal air system with no pump and external fill valves for the time being. Time is running out. Going to be moving very fast on this plane now. She is almost ready for paint.
Hi Guys,

To keep the Data straight on this RRS unit. This unit was built special for us to include the Gyro and 6 channel sequencing and will also be available shortly to all Spectrum users. Normally the RRS unit does not have the Gyro or sequencing built in like the ARXL unit. This unit gave us the capabilities to just plug in the 4 satellites and no need for an actual receiver to be used, but gave us the ARXL functions. The ARXL, multi protocol unit (select your radio protocol) includes the gyro, sequencing etc but will require at least a 8 or 9 channel Spectrum receiver with 2-3 satellites to operate as the receiver will regulate the voltage to the satellite receivers. I am very impressed with Booma RC's products and was very fortunate that Booma let us become a Dealer. The technologies that are being used in Booma products seems to be far superior to other products currently used. Kris mentioned some technical features about the gyro, I just wanted to add it also has automatic gain control so there is no need to set up gain modes as the unit will self adjust based the jets needs at that time. It will adjust for high speed, slow speed, 3D and landing gains. Our shipment of products should be arriving hopefully next week and you can find all the information on our website including many other cool products they offer. Like Kris has mentioned on how easy the unit was to set up, you can find numerous "HOW TO" tutorial videos on youtube as well. Keep the build pictures coming Kris!!

Dirk
Old 03-01-2019, 05:23 AM
gunradd

Been too busy to update but it’s going together!

I decided for the air system to use an old school servo operated valve for the canopy so when the plane is off it stays open. Rest is electronic valves. Will post pics of it after the weekend.

Also the painting process has begun😭. The F22 is a huge pain in the ass to paint. Probably won’t go over each little step since almost everyone will get an ARF or a PnP.

The edges get painted first.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Smokeyr67

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Got the nose steering servo installed and installed the nose gear tonight. She is on her feet now. I also attached the nose section and filled in the gap so you can’t see it.

That image looks so realistic at first, and second glance!
Old 03-03-2019, 01:02 PM
gunradd

Base coat is on. Radio all programmed. The new receiver is fantastic! Was easy sequencing everything. Stuff is moving pretty fast now.

Got 2 more weeks to go. Still waiting on the markings to show.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:39 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Looking great 👍,wish to be there at the Florida Jets to see her in person,oh well Kentucky will work to.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Gun, have they released any photos of the production version to see how the panel lines have been reduced?
Gary
Old 03-03-2019, 04:12 PM
gunradd

Gary I believe it will be out later this month. Also the horizontal stabs will have a quick release system on the production birds. We have them making some other small modifications also for a better aircraft.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.