Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RCU Tech Support

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RCU Tech Support

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 08:41 AM
Afterburner666
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Tech Support

Since I haven't been able to get any help with my problem for almost a year just about the time they changed the website in March 2018( I stopped getting email notifications for the over 1000 threads I have been subscribed to since joining in 2002) I just created this new account. Can one or two people just respond to it so I can see if I get a notification? Thanks.

Marty
Old 02-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Afterburner666
Banned

Can you say hi again? I forgot to set the default to subscribe to a thread you create. Thought that was the default. Thanks.

Marty
Old 02-08-2019, 09:04 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Hello
Old 02-08-2019, 09:09 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks...it works which tells me it's most likely on RCU's end but that doesn't mean they'll actually do anything about trying to fix it so I may have to lose my original account of 17 years.

Yes, I'm responding from my old account but the email notification came through in the new one via a different email.

Marty

Last edited by afterburner; 02-08-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:49 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

To me, it doesn't seem that there is any real tech support of any kind at this point. The site was destroyed with the change, and even though they have made some moves back towards the features that everyone knew and liked, it will never be the same in my opinion.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:00 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS A MAJOR BREACH OF THE FORUM RULES TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT ON RCU.

Big brother is watching you.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:27 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by j.duncker
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS A MAJOR BREACH OF THE FORUM RULES TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT ON RCU.

Big brother is watching you.
So get admin to look into his original account and the problems there.
I remember the challenges as a moderator John, but at least then the site had admin that would actually look into problems. I for one am sick of the new admin saying how they are making things better and listening and yet seeing no changes. Seeing admin continually say they can't replicate a problem yet people take screen shots to show them. I've given up trying to discuss it.
this guy admitted he started a second account to see if it was a problem on his end or not. He's used basically the same name. Your response sounds threatening quite frankly.
this site has gone downhill significantly since the upgrade. Members that have been here for years and years are ignored. It's a sad state, you could have approached this much differently and just told him
" as it is against the rules to have more than one amount let me notify the admin directly to your issue so we can try and get your original account back to how it should be". I'm not trying to be a jerk, but your reply frankly shocked me.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:35 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I took it on a lighter note but yes the 2nd account is a rules violation.

The notifications for old subscribed threads didn't come over with the update, new subscribed threads on his original accounts should receive notifications. The only real solution, and the same thing happened to me, is if the thread is still going just throw a new comment in it and and will resume notifications.

Whats the original user name?
Old 02-09-2019, 06:42 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey

The notifications for old subscribed threads didn't come over with the update, new subscribed threads on his original accounts should receive notifications. The only real solution, and the same thing happened to me, is if the thread is still going just throw a new comment in it and and will resume notifications.

afterburner......I got that just by reading the tread...
Old 02-09-2019, 07:34 AM
BarracudaHockey

Really? How so?

Could have been Afterburner21 or 33 or whatever. Maybe you knew him from his old user name but to me it wasn't obvious, and hey I was only trying to help.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:49 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Really? How so?

Could have been Afterburner21 or 33 or whatever. Maybe you knew him from his old user name but to me it wasn't obvious, and hey I was only trying to help.
Read post number 5 where he said he was responding from his original account
Old 02-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Dansy

Really? How so?

Not trying to be smart ass.....I just followed the tread and he answer with Marty.....and afterburner just a deduction on my part....I don't know him personally!
Old 02-09-2019, 08:24 AM
afterburner

Sorry, I could have been a little clearer on what I was doing.

And if that was the case, I would have moved on and never even started a trouble ticket back in 2018 as most of those old threads had no activity for a long time anyway. The issue is that even subscribing to or starting my own thread today still gets me zero notifications.

My plan was to start using the new account exclusively and have the old one exist to refer anyone to my seller/buyer ratings if I'm doing any business in the classifieds so I don't look like a new member with zero history.

The issue with keeping the old account instead is if I post or ask a question in a thread and forget about it a day or two later(which at my age is easy to do) I look like an *** for not responding or thanking someone for their assistance because I never got a notification of their response.

Is there a way to merge my seller ratings into the new account? That would make it easier or lock my old account so I couldn't use it but it could be viewed by others for reference?

Last edited by afterburner; 02-09-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:21 PM
afterburner

Well I guess I will delete my new account before the mods decide for me. Don't know if this thread will disappear as well but it is what it is.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:08 PM
afterburner

Well, I sent out my last request to technical support ( that's a joke) two days ago pleading that they at least respond that they received my trouble ticket even if they weren't going to do anything about it. I even gave them an alternate email from a different hosting company just in case I wasn't receiving their response to my main email. I've heard nothing. Sad but it's not like we pay anything for this level of service.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm not sure why they'd be so resistant to answering an email, but you might try posting in the support forum itself: Forum questions or problems - RCU Forums
Old 02-12-2019, 02:40 PM
j.duncker

If you want to have our two accounts merged I can see if it is possible but I have no idea if our seller ratings would carry over.

Working with the old marketplace code ks a nightmare It is rusty and full of monkey patches with little internal documentation.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:45 PM
afterburner

If you want to have our two accounts merged I can see if it is possible but I have no idea if our seller ratings would carry over.

Working with the old marketplace code ks a nightmare It is rusty and full of monkey patches with little internal documentation.
I would appreciate if you would check into doing something like that. I thought I deleted the Afterburner666 account two days ago but I was able to log back into it so let me know what you want me to do. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:07 PM
Bob_B

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

troublemaker
Old 02-13-2019, 06:02 AM
j.duncker

Getting a mod with SUPERPOWERS on the job. The account will disappear shortly.

NB The posts made by that account will remain [ usually ]
Old 02-13-2019, 06:53 AM
afterburner

Originally Posted by Bob_B
troublemaker
Gotta keep busy!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:53 AM
afterburner

Getting a mod with SUPERPOWERS on the job. The account will disappear shortly.

NB The posts made by that account will remain [ usually ]
Thanks.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:41 AM
BarracudaHockey

Please PM myself or JD with your correct email address
Old 02-13-2019, 02:14 PM
afterburner

Please PM myself or JD with your correct email address
I just sent you my email via PM but I'm not sure if that's functional now as I've sent a few to people in the last couple of days and never heard back from them but maybe they just don't want to talk to me :-(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.