RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech Turbine Service?

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 04:20 PM
ftherrmann
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Kingtech Turbine Service?

So much for Kingtech service. I hope JetCat service won't be a problem.

Dirk Flejter who does the Kingtech service in the US just told me, after a heated phone call about his inability to reply to emails, that it is his choice to NOT service my Kingtech turbines and that he will send them to Taiwan for service.

Ignoring customers and calling your customers "NAZI Snowflakes" isn't IMHO a good way to conduct any type of business!
Old 02-15-2019, 08:36 PM
marquisvns

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

To set the record straight, Dirk didn't call Fred Herrmann a Nazi snowflake, nor would that be consistent to Dirk's demeanor or character. I was the one who made that reference and it was during a phone call that Fred made comments that Donald Trump being a white nationalist and racist, so I asked him how he would like to be referred to the all the mud slinging as a Nazi or Snowflake? There was this one occasion that Fred called me at 11:40 pm to dissuade my support for the current administration, and I couldn't shake him off until 40 minutes later that I told him that I really like to got to bed and not enjoying discussing politics when we don't see eye to eye.

In the end, Fred resorted writing the factory an email saying how I shouldn't support DJT on facebook because "....You should remember that more than 50% of US turbine pilots do not like Donald Trump. I am one of those turbine pilots." Now, I mean, either way of the statistics among hobbyists, I was never motivated to support DJT to either attract or detract our customer base, only my personal believe and support, is all. Fred, this is free country, and I would support which ever camp I choose to and for you go to the factory to undermine? Perhaps what I suggested to refer you as was entirely justifiable.

Fred, this is the first time ever that we at KingTech Turbines (including the Headquarters in Taiwan) and Pacific RC Jets would have to formally sever ties with a customer, so sell your engines and jets and we'll support their future owners, move on and move along. WE ARE DONE, Good Luck!

Barry

Last edited by marquisvns; 02-15-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:47 PM
marquisvns

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was told that Fred made similar posts on various other social medias, like how he was picking on KT about the length of screws used on the engine clamps.... I am conveniently unable to view those since I unfriendly him out of civility on FB. If any of you care to copy and paste or as simple as link this page, please, be my guest!

Regards,
Barry
Old 02-15-2019, 09:50 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Im still gettin a K80v1 at the end of the month.

Barry, I'll see you in April at the Riverside jet meet.

Last edited by CARS II; 02-15-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:56 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by marquisvns View Post
I was told that Fred made similar posts on various other social medias
He certainly knows how to copy/paste, I’ll give him that.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:05 PM
marquisvns

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by CARS II View Post
Im still gettin a K80v1 at the end of the month.

Barry, I'll see you in April at the Riverside jet meet.
Awesome Carlos, that's a good engine, see you at Riverside!
Old 02-15-2019, 10:08 PM
marquisvns

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Auburn02 View Post

He certainly knows how to copy/paste, Ill give him that.
Oh my! lol
Old 02-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Tuggs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I saw a post on FB of someone complaining about the length of the screws on the engine clamps. I only thought, oh boy, what a miserable life i have with all those real problems.....
Old 02-16-2019, 05:33 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Barry, his post are gone on FaceBook....but ya the bolt one was pretty funny....he said something about saving weight with a 10mm bolts.......ya 5mm weight saving...I was thinking just don’t put the last few drops of fuel and there you got another weight saving....LOL
Old 02-16-2019, 06:49 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well I would be glad to take Fred's Kingtech's off his hands at pennies on the dollar so he doesn't have to worry about them getting serviced anymore. I am not a DJT fan either, but you know what this is a free country and everyone can support whom they choose.

Patrick
Old 02-16-2019, 08:09 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mixing politics with just about anything else can open a can of worms.

And for for the record, Barry has always been nothing short of a gentleman, a friendly face at the flying field, supportive with questions and a pretty good stick too!

The last two engines I bought from Kingtech were like jewelry! I just wanted to look at them!!
Old 02-16-2019, 08:30 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Whaaaaat...... you just want to look at them, oh no, Dr: Cito, I can put those babys to a good use for you hehehe, let's burn some kero at AMOS soon.

Didn't get your text for some reason, try again.

Last edited by CARS II; 02-16-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:03 AM
flejter1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by ftherrmann View Post
So much for Kingtech service. I hope JetCat service won't be a problem.

Dirk Flejter who does the Kingtech service in the US just told me, after a heated phone call about his inability to reply to emails, that it is his choice to NOT service my Kingtech turbines and that he will send them to Taiwan for service.

Ignoring customers and calling your customers "NAZI Snowflakes" isn't IMHO a good way to conduct any type of business!

Fred,

You are nothing more than a Hypocrite and a Bully. You call Barry at 11:45PM to argue with him about a post he put on his FB page and started a fight about your political views and because Barry doesn't agree with your agenda. Because you can't change his mind, you take offense and resort to being a keyboard cowboy, or BULLY!! Because you are still mad at Barry, you resort to attacking KingTech about to long of mount bracket bolts, Really?? If that is the only thing you can come up with to degrade a product I have to say KingTech is doing a FANTASTIC job!! Keep up the good work KingTech!! Because Barry is my business partner and I will not severe my partnership with him at your request, you resort to going online and making false statements that I called you a "Nazi Snowflake" trying to ruin my reputation and label me as a Racist. For that you are a BULLY!! You posted that you took major offense to Barry's comments because your parents immigrated from Germany because they were terrorized by their own people, but yet here you are doing the same thing the Nazi's did to your parents. What do you call that? The fact is, YOUR PARENTS, not you, were terrorized by the Nazi's and you are acting like you were personally involved. Living your life through stories of other people is really sad, you should try and live your own life. You attack me because I didn't respond to an email when we just talked on the phone earlier about the same issue that was in your email. You say I ignore your emails but yet I answer every one of your phone calls or call you back every time with in the hour of the call, if that is what you call ignoring you, I am guilty!! For the record, my Great grandparents were German, my grandfather was born in Poland and immigrated to the USA but I am a True Blooded AMERICAN that doesn't need to live through the horror stories of my grandparents so get over it!! Do you think Dirk is a normal American Name, I believe it is more German than anything else. So to wrap this up, Yes, I am now resorting to name calling, as I called you a Hypocrite and Bully in this post and if anyone thinks my decision of not servicing your turbines after your personal attack on me thinks I am wrong, speak up and let me know. By the way, this is America and I can refuse the right to sell you anything or service anything!! I also have choices!!

Dirk
Pacific RC Jets
KingTech Service USA & International
Old 02-16-2019, 09:11 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's been a long winter already....... Does this entire thread not fall under the manufacture bashing and / or personal attacks rules? Seriously, the internet is great for some things and awful for others. I can't believe this thread is still up..........
Old 02-16-2019, 09:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This thread is giving me heartache over what to do about it.

On one hand, Fred is free to post his "experience" with a vendor. Bashing is starting several threads and going on and on, that hasn't been the case here. Also, while I personally doubt his assertions of the events, and it in no way sways my opinion of dealing with Barry or Dirk (I am and will continue to be a KT customer) my personal belief as to the validity has no place in a neutral moderation decision.

So I'm going to lock this and leave it at this.

He said his side, Barry and Dirk posted their rebuttal,its up to the potential customer who to believe. Lets move on, fly our jets and have fun. Fred if you want to ditch the kingtech stuff, send me a PM i'll happily take it off your hands. IF there's another thread started on the same issue because this one got shut down, then that WILL rise to the level of bashing and be removed with possible sanctions towards the rule breaking.