Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Evo Jet air valves, what am I doing wrong.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Evo Jet air valves, what am I doing wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:36 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo Jet air valves, what am I doing wrong.

Hi Guys,

Installed 2 new evo jet air valves in my BVM Rafale, working through a Powerbox Mercury sequencer.
The sequence works as advertised, the problem I am having is during startup with gear down all the air bleeds out through the vent system which evo calls Air Outlet. If I start with gear up it works fine.
Initially I thought it was the sequencer, but the same problem occurred even when connected to a standard Rx with ATV at + - 100.
Sometimes similar problem with the Door Valves too. Tried spare valves with no luck.

Thanks
Chatty.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:49 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I think I had that issue as well and had to flip the airlines in the valve to opposite sides and cured issue. You will need to reverse servo as well so up is still the way you like it
Old 02-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Did you bind with the gear switch in the down position?
Old 02-19-2019, 11:37 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Did you bind with the gear switch in the down position?
Is it important to bind with gear down? Fail safe is set to down.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

My Sprint used to cycle the gear up on first start. Seems there is a second there when the Gear is powered but the RXer is still initializing. That plane is on a Spektrum PBox. I solved that problem with Binding with Gear Down. Now, ... I always bind with the gear down. Since, I never had any problem with my Mercury or any of the other PBoxes. But, … if the Mercury's failsafe it set correctly, it could be possible you should not see the problem. If I was troubleshooting this, I would start with the bind. Then if that did not work, I would put the PWM meter on the RXer's gear output and watch for any resolution change. If the resolution is steady thru powering up, then I would start looking at the gear operators. Are you sure the Mercury's failsafe is set correctly?