Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy Sequencer and Failsafe

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy Sequencer and Failsafe

Old 03-11-2019, 06:13 PM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xicoy Sequencer and Failsafe

Been at it for hours. The directions aren’t helpful. Anyone actually have any luck gettin this to work? Futaba non Sbus.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 PM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

It’s a love hate relationship I have with this unit, I use it on everything now. What helped me is hooking up a servo to it with the programmer and just flip the switch and watch the screen jump through stages or steps if that make sense.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:32 PM
furloughed ual

Yeah. Dunno. It shows RC FAIL when the gear is down but still goes through a sequence. I still can’t figure out the STEPS in a cycle. All I want is doors
open, gear down, gear up, doors close. Should be simple. Both valves operate at the same time.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:36 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Search this forum for Xicoy Sequencer.

There are a few threads.

One think I learned is you have to have air in the system or your fail safe kicks in. I guess you could disable it by choosing 0 air pressure.

Forgetting to air the system before trying to program drove me nuts for a while.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:42 PM
furloughed ual

I did a search. Didn’t come up with anything? The pressure is above the FS setting. This thing is making me crazy!
Old 03-11-2019, 06:44 PM
furloughed ual

Is there a “reset” function.....I don’t see that option in the manual......
Old 03-11-2019, 07:14 PM
furloughed ual

How many STEPS are used for gear down.....doors open, gear out? Is that 2 STEPS?
Old 03-11-2019, 07:20 PM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

You can use as many as you like the steps you don’t want just adjust to nothing.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:34 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

How ironic...just tonight one of mine started acting crazy - gear and doors would close on their own, then open again, then close with no action on the transmitter. Then I cycled the power and “RC FAIL” appears on the scr en, which is the message when the unit has power and the transmitter isn’t on. Only it is on, the rest of the model is working fine and I haven’t changed anything in the sequencer.

As for the actual sequencing setup for your plane you would only need 2 steps. The sequencer makes you pick 3 so just set step 3 up the same as step 2. You need to figure out when the sequencer says “open” and “close” what does that value correspond to on your valves. So if open is gear down and doors open then for gear down step 1 you would set the gear output to closed and the door output to open. Step 2 they would both be open, and step 3 again both open. I hope that’s in some way helpful, as Keith mentioned it’s a love-hate. I hate the setup but it’s the only combo failsafe unit w/telemetry that I know of.

You need to figure out your RC FAIL message though, just as I do. If it was a pressure issue it would say PRES FAIL or something to that effect. RC FAIL is something else.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Auburn02

Okay, mine is fixed. I had inadvertently turned up the end points on my gear channel such that when the switch was in the up or down position, it was outside of the range at which I had originally programmed the sequencer. I reset end points to 100 on each end and did the radio setup again in the Xicoy and all is well.

Maybe since you also are seeing RC Fail but it’s responding, double check the radio setup step to reprogram the up and down switch positions.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-problems.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...sequencer.html

See if this helps.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:35 PM
furloughed ual

Auburn02, thanks. That makes a little more sense. Why can’t these designers who are programmers write directions for non programmer “users”? 😡
Old 03-12-2019, 06:59 PM
furloughed ual

Thanks for the replies....this one is going back into the parts box for a while.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:52 AM
Auburn02

That bad huh?

Oddly enough mine was acting up again last night. I had it configured via Sbus (though I don't really know why, I'm not short on ports on my receiver/powerbox) and it was getting weird signals to raise and lower the gear on its own. Never the full gear up, doors up sequence but gear would unlock and go about halfway up and then gear down again. Luckily it was on a stand. Gotta be a radio setup thing. Anyway I went back to straight input and it's working fine.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:15 AM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So the Xicoy has 5 ports. 1 for the gear actuation, 3 for doors, and the remaining for the air pressure telemetry. On my Cougar I have 4 gear doors that I would like to be able to each adjust individually (servo operated gear doors with individual servo end points, etc). In order to preserve the 5th slot for the telemetry, do you think I could plug 2 of the doors into 1 available slot and use a micro-match or match box to achieve this result?

First time using both the Xicoy and a PB Mercury so fairly big learning curve...