Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Which MB339?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Which MB339?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 02:24 AM
damagedgoodes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which MB339?

Considering an MB339 for the next purchase and would like some feedback on which manufacturer to choose please.

I’m looking at the 2.4m version so it’s Skymaster, Feibao or C&C Models. The Airworld is too big for my transportation and cost.

I’ve read some negative comments on RCU lately regarding Skymaster so I’m a bit cautious. I haven’t seen a Feibao model in the flesh or C&C. C&C are the most expensive and shipping from Italy is ridiculous but if people feel they are a better product then that may be the way to go.

Appreciate any advice and comparisons from people who have had a good look at each manufacturers version of the 339 can offer.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 03-12-2019, 06:30 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

I vote for FB. I currently have 3 FB jets. All fly well. FB construction is excellent. Unlike SM, you don't have to re-engineer anything to get it to work properly. CF laminate formers, good quality paint and everything fits. The clear canopy plastic is much thicker than SM and doesn't implode. My only complaint is the nuts, bolts etc are typical Chinese junk and just throw them away and use quality stuff. You will need to upgrade the fuel pickup tubes and lines to a bigger diameter and better quality. The pushrods are titanium but don't always match length wise for the application.. Both of these issues are being worked by FB. . I have a Dolphin L and T-33 with air retracts which work well. I also have a Dolphin S with electric gear which works well also. One of our members had a FB 339 and it flies absolutely great. He recently passed and it is for sale. Too bad you are in Australia. Takeoff and landings are docile. It flies like a big trainer. Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:07 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also had the Fei Bao MB-339 quite a few years ago. IMO, it had no bad flight characteristics, and it was a joy to fly.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:19 AM
Jet Jens

I have the big MB ( Daniel Design ) from C&C.
For transport the fuselage gets in two parts, very easy to assemble at the field !
The longest part is 2 m long.
C&C is making a new MB 2.5m, maybe this is another option

Jens
Old 03-12-2019, 11:28 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the FB mb-339 and it's just so easy to fly...My only concern is worrying about the wing folding during a loop because of the wing span lol.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:26 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by damagedgoodes

I’ve read some negative comments on RCU lately regarding Skymaster so I’m a bit cautious.
The things you have been reading are nothing new.

I've noticed the extra "engineering" that SM kits have needed for years. And I still buy them. That's the name of the game.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:52 AM
damagedgoodes

Thank you to those that responded and shared their views, great information. I might sit on the fence and see what the C&C models 2.5mt brings to the fight in a few months.

Cheers,

Dave