Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bomber Field Jet Rally

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bomber Field Jet Rally

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 10:05 AM
pattratt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bomber Field Jet Rally

Has the weather allowed much flying so far today?
Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

It was great on Friday, but with the forecast for Saturday most seemed to be headed home Friday evening. I did likewise. Had 8 great flights Friday, and plenty of low-key flying with a great group. Thanks to the Bomber Field crew who put the event on. Unfortunately it appears that this was the second year in a row that was hit by bad weather.

Paul
Old 03-31-2019, 06:26 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

I flew Thurs and Friday and had fun, but also left Friday nite, just in case the weather went south. I did not drive thru bad weather, so perhaps the weather stayed good for Saturday...
Old 03-31-2019, 07:02 PM
pattratt
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Ron
I live about an hr & half away and Sinday was very cold and gusty winds where I live.
Dick Mundee
Old 04-01-2019, 07:33 AM
Pantherman

Default Thanks from Bomber Field

Many thanks to all of those who braved the doom and gloom weather forecast and came out to fly with us at Bomber Field. The weather was actually pretty good on Thursday and Friday with a bit of wind but close to being down the runway. Saturday was actually much calmer until 2:00 pm when the wind shifted and things started really blowing. We had a few late arrivals who flew and Saturday up until that time and they actually got in some good flights. As usual we had a lot of great food, good friends getting together and some really nice models and flying. We really appreciate those who come in from out of town to support our field and fly with us. We will offer more jet flying at the June Warbird, Sept. B-17 gathering and October's Jetoberfest. For those who have not made the trip you should come and check out the great flying facility that is Bomber Field! Thanks to the following folks for helping to make this happen: Larkin, Constantine, Rick, Robert and Wylie as well as all the others who pitched in to put on this event.

Woody
Old 04-01-2019, 12:52 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We had a great time down there and appreciate the work you all put into it. We saw the writing on the wall and started loading up Saturday morning since we had a long trip left for home. See you all at the next jet rally!