Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR is coming back.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR is coming back.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:27 AM
David Gladwin

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts
Default JR is coming back.

Posted today on the Flying Giants , JR Propo is coming back under the leadership of Frank Noll.

As a dedicated JR user for amost 40 years I wish Frank every success.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:32 PM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Posted today on the Flying Giants , JR Propo is coming back under the leadership of Frank Noll.

As a dedicated JR user for amost 40 years I wish Frank every success.
What happened to Dee Force Aviation / RC Depot, did they sell? It was my understanding that they own all of the rights to JR Propo. I've bought products from them lately and they carry a dual DFA/JR logo.

Update:
Just found the article:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=250107

Seems like Frank Noll is going to head up the Dee Force team here in USA and rebrand the products. Good to hear, it was confusing with the dual branding.

https://www.deeforce.net/

Last edited by bchapman; 04-10-2019 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added link to article
Old 04-10-2019, 12:48 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

`JR had a display at the Toledo Show and there was no sign of Dee Force Aviation that I saw. I did see Frank Knoll but he wasn't at the display at that time. There were a couple Japanese ( I think) gentlemen at the display the two times I went by. I don't fly JR so I didn't stop to inquire and just glanced at the radios.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by causeitflies
`JR had a display at the Toledo Show and there was no sign of Dee Force Aviation that I saw. I did see Frank Knoll but he wasn't at the display at that time. There were a couple Japanese ( I think) gentlemen at the display the two times I went by. I don't fly JR so I didn't stop to inquire and just glanced at the radios.
If you look at the pictures over on FG of the Toledo show, you see "Dee Force" at the bottom of all the banners. JRPROP is no more a solitary company anymore that Spektrum is separate from Horizon.

https://www.deeforce.net/about-us-1

Last edited by Zeeb; 04-10-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:13 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
If you look at the pictures over on FG of the Toledo show, you see "Dee Force" at the bottom of all the banners. JRPROP is no more a solitary company anymore that Spektrum is separate from Horizon.

https://www.deeforce.net/about-us-1
OK, I see now. I wasn't paying close attention as I was quickly looking over the display.

Last edited by causeitflies; 04-10-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:27 PM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting, I hope we see a nice simple 12/16 ch radio without all the touchscreen android stuff that's compatible with dsmx.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I keep hearing about DSMX, Don't get your hopes up, I dont see them releasing a radio with DSMX
Old 04-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by txshan130
Interesting, I hope we see a nice simple 12/16 ch radio without all the touchscreen android stuff that's compatible with dsmx.
Like Andy said; don't hold your hand over your "you know what" waiting for it to happen. DSM2/DSMX is a proprietary Spektrum format. While stranger things have happened, I seriously doubt you'll see any kind of arrangement to make that sharing of their RF format possible.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:49 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Servos!

Please!!

For the love of ALL that is good.

Please, please, please bring back the trusty and faithful 3421, 8411, 8611, 8711, 8911.

I will be the first to place an order!!!!
Old 04-10-2019, 03:34 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Servos!

Please!!

For the love of ALL that is good.

Please, please, please bring back the trusty and faithful 3421, 8411, 8611, 8711, 8911.

I will be the first to place an order!!!!
agreed I'm quite happy with the spektrum receivers and so far the savox servos have been good but I had such confidence in my JR servos that switching has been extremely difficult
Old 04-11-2019, 03:37 PM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Dee force has the new JR HV servo line on their page. Just go look. If you have flown DMSS don't know why you need DSM.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:17 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

too cheap to buy new RX...
Old 04-12-2019, 06:11 AM
bchapman

Originally Posted by junkjet
Dee force has the new JR HV servo line on their page. Just go look. If you have flown DMSS don't know why you need DSM.
Agreed. DMSS is superior to DSM, DSM2, DSMX anyway. Way more resolution and rock solid RF link. Why would JR want to go backwards? I stopped using Spektrum receivers with my older compatible JR transmitters a while back due to issues with models being bound sometimes and sometimes not. Never happened in the air, but very concerning on the ground when the model doesn't respond. Not sure what was causing it, but never had a problem again after I bought a new XG-14 with DMSS.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:28 AM
Ad Clark
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1
Old 04-12-2019, 06:38 AM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Well, after over a decade of solid DSM2 with my 12x, I’m hard pressed to say anything bad about DSM2.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:48 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by ravill
Well, after over a decade of solid DSM2 with my 12x, I’m hard pressed to say anything bad about DSM2.
Same here. Only time I ever had a bind issue was if I had my transmitter to close to the airplane when I turned it on. Been flying 12x's for about 12 years myself. Dsm2 and dsmx receivers. If the 28x had been backwards compatible with the dsm2 and dsmx i probably would have bought one but the idea of having to buy over a dozen new receivers as well just didn't put a warm fuzzy feeling with me.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:52 AM
BarracudaHockey

DSM2 is fine unless you're at IRCHA or Nall

DSMX is fine for those.

Anyone that thinks DMSS is "Better" than DSMX doesn't know details of transmission protocols and would be shocked if they found out who and what was at the heart of some of this stuff and whom is licensing what from whom.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:00 AM
bchapman

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Same here. Only time I ever had a bind issue was if I had my transmitter to close to the airplane when I turned it on. Been flying 12x's for about 12 years myself. Dsm2 and dsmx receivers. If the 28x had been backwards compatible with the dsm2 and dsmx i probably would have bought one but the idea of having to buy over a dozen new receivers as well just didn't put a warm fuzzy feeling with me.
Transmitter being too close to the airplane could have been the issue. It seemed most of the time it happened was in the pits. I think it was an issue even if I was farther away too. However if it wasn't bound in the first place, moving futher out wouldn't have helped unless I turned it off and back on again and I can't say that ever happened.

I didn't have even close to that many receivers, so the switch was pretty easy for me. Might have thought otherwise with over a dozen. I never understood why Spektrum and JR shared the same "system" in the first place? I always thought that Spektrum had patented the system and JR was using it under license, but never was for sure. It was good they finally broke out on their own.

Last edited by bchapman; 04-12-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:10 AM
bchapman

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey

DSMX is fine for those.

Anyone that thinks DMSS is "Better" than DSMX doesn't know details of transmission protocols and would be shocked if they found out who and what was at the heart of some of this stuff and whom is licensing what from whom.
Question is, does DMSS work fine at both events?

I always assumed some of the base technology behind each protocol has some common aspects that are licensed between companies. And we didn't even bring up Futaba FAAST. That's another story. :-)

I like these forums because there are some really knowledgeable people on here that have the back story and/or more experience with these systems.

Last edited by bchapman; 04-12-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:18 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

DSMX is fine for those.

Can you expand on this? I’d like to know the details..and who is licensing from whom.

Last edited by camss69; 04-12-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:21 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

DSMX is fine for those.

this I would like to read more about to be a better informed poster.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:23 AM
Zeeb

OH BOY!

Can we start an oil thread just for old times sake while we're having this discussion AGAIN...... lol
Old 04-12-2019, 07:26 AM
BarracudaHockey

DMSS works great as well. DSM2 stalled at events because it locked up two of 80 available channels and if those 2 became noisy there was nowhere else to go. That's great at local fields where the spectrum just isn't that crowded. DMSX expanded that to frequency hopping of course and DMSS is just another implementation of DSMX, frequency agile to avoid interference. All stuff I was working on in the Navy long before it became the dujoior RC protocol. Even Futaba was doing 2.4 commercially long before Spektrum came out with the original DX7.

As for the details of the licensing I was asked to refrain from expounding on that in public but I get a chuckle when I hear "one is the best over all others" and think "if they only knew".
Old 04-12-2019, 07:45 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by bchapman
Transmitter being too close to the airplane could have been the issue. It seemed most of the time it happened was in the pits. I think it was an issue even if I was farther away too. However if it wasn't bound in the first place, moving futher out wouldn't have helped unless I turned it off and back on again and I can't say that ever happened.

I didn't have even close to that many receivers, so the switch was pretty easy for me. Might have thought otherwise with over a dozen. I never understood why Spektrum and JR shared the same "system" in the first place? I always thought that Spektrum had patented the system and JR was using it under license, but never was for sure. It was good they finally broke out on their own.

You are correct that moving further away would do nothing unless you switched off the system. I have mostly had it happe With my pylon racers as I generally don't turn on the radio until I'm ready to start the airplane and they are too close Once everything is on and bound though I've never lost bind.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:54 AM
bchapman

DMSS works great as well. DSM2 stalled at events because it locked up two of 80 available channels and if those 2 became noisy there was nowhere else to go. That's great at local fields where the spectrum just isn't that crowded. DMSX expanded that to frequency hopping of course and DMSS is just another implementation of DSMX, frequency agile to avoid interference. All stuff I was working on in the Navy long before it became the dujoior RC protocol. Even Futaba was doing 2.4 commercially long before Spektrum came out with the original DX7.

As for the details of the licensing I was asked to refrain from expounding on that in public but I get a chuckle when I hear "one is the best over all others" and think "if they only knew".
Thanks for the information! I'm more informed than I was before!

I bet you gained a lot of knowledge in the Navy working on this kind of equipment. Thanks for your service!

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.