Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetronics dual valves

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetronics dual valves

Old 06-21-2019, 07:54 AM
JJP
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jetronics dual valves

Is it possible to delay the extension of the gear leg by 2 seconds with the jetronics dual valve? The valve is set to factory default. I know I can put a restricter in the line to slow it down a bit but would prefer for it to just delay and then come down with authority. The only reason I ask is the door and gear are very close to the same time and I cannot change the door.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:38 AM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi.
What I've done is to put the gear on one valve and doors in other valve, and secuence them to my needs, using a secuencer or extra channel in transmiter.
Regards.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:13 AM
JJP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have them of two valves as you mentioned. I am using the sequencer in the radio for the doors. I was hoping that using the dual valve with no sequencer it would be possible to pause the gear for a brief moment to give the doors some extra time. I cannot speed them up. I can use an adjustable restricter to do this if needed.
Thanks for the response.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:39 AM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Then with the Tx secuencer you should be able to control the signal to the gear and door valves independently with the appropiate delays in each one, for the up and down secuence.
At least thats what I do with my Tx. If your Tx can´t do that, then I believe the only way would be with external adjustable restrictors.
Regards
Old 06-21-2019, 12:57 PM
LenAlessi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slow the channel down?
Old 06-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Put the two valves on a Y lead and take the signal wire of the gear valve through a micro switch mounted on the door to operate when the door is close to end of travel. Have used this system on my f18 to stop the front and rear main doors clashing without needing to have loads of clearance round them!
Old 06-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 731 Likes on 527 Posts

Just put a slow on the channel and direction you need delayed, same as slowing servo movement, valve will trigger as it reaches 100% travel
Old 06-21-2019, 02:56 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Not to hijack the thread but, does any one knows how to fix a Jetronics single action valve that is not turning on when power is applied.

Tks.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:59 PM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup,
Dave’s system is the easiest. I went the microswitch route back in the days of my 10x with Spektrum module and was limited to 9 channels! You forget how quickly radios have advanced In the last few years!
Old 06-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 731 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by CARS II
Not to hijack the thread but, does any one knows how to fix a Jetronics single action valve that is not turning on when power is applied.

Tks.
if there is no light it could be dead, but at radio power up, press the blue button 5 times to reset the valve.

Jet Tronics valves are now owned by JetCat, Horst is fully retired now so he sold the business.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:08 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Thank Dave, you are always so helpfull, I will try that, if it doesn't work then. I will take a crack at it and will open it to take at look at its guts