Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

2m Viper Jet with wood wings and tails

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

2m Viper Jet with wood wings and tails

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 08:08 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2m Viper Jet with wood wings and tails

Does anyone know who makes a 2m Viper Jet with wood wings and tail surfaces? I don’t think it’s Skymaster or Pilot as those are all composite, right?

Bob
Old 10-02-2019, 09:11 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Black horse models makes a viper that is all wood not quite 2 meters
Old 10-02-2019, 09:44 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://fly-model.com/

good guy guy to deal with directly. Limited stock. I have built a few 50CC budget models from him. Cost effective with minor reinforcements needed. His planes flew just as good. If your experienced and want a low budget plane, there ya go.

Old 10-03-2019, 04:24 AM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rhklenke
Does anyone know who makes a 2m Viper Jet with wood wings and tail surfaces? I don’t think it’s Skymaster or Pilot as those are all composite, right?

Bob

Hello Bob,

If its a fly model Viper they fly very good. I have one now that I am flying. I had a skymaster viper that crashed, and they are basically the same model except for the surfaces are cover instead of glassed. The fuselage is the exact same. I think they are coimng out of olf skymaster models. You can tell the quality is not as good. But they fly the same. I used the same set up that was in my sky master and did not have to change a thing. Don't know if you noticed it in my trailer at super jets, this past week.

Josh
Old 10-03-2019, 07:58 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ifly3d
Hello Bob,

If its a fly model Viper they fly very good. I have one now that I am flying. I had a skymaster viper that crashed, and they are basically the same model except for the surfaces are cover instead of glassed. The fuselage is the exact same. I think they are coimng out of olf skymaster models. You can tell the quality is not as good. But they fly the same. I used the same set up that was in my sky master and did not have to change a thing. Don't know if you noticed it in my trailer at super jets, this past week.

Josh
Josh,

Thanks for the info! I did not see it in your trailer. I picked it up for delivery at SJS for a friend here in Northern Virginia and I was curious. I believe he said he was told that it was a Skymaster, but when I saw the wings were not composite, I figured it must be something else...

Thanks!
Bob