Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

scale-print.de

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

scale-print.de

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 05:33 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts
Default scale-print.de

While watching some of the recent JetPower 2019 walk-around videos, one stall caught my attention where they were displaying an extensive range of highly detailed scale accessories. I googled their name to find their website and was impressed by what I saw.

http://www.scale-print.de

A large range of scale accessories such as seats, control columns, antennas, probes and a lot more, for helicopters, planes and jets. The comment of custom made parts had me interested, so I sent them an e-mail about making scale ejection seats for my current scratch build Blackburn Buccaneer.

With an almost immediate response offering to help I started to gather as many photographs and information as I could to send to Stefan who owns scale-print. He did apologize up front that he was busy so it may be a while before he could work on my request.

I sent him all the photos and a few reference dimensions to help scale the photos and within 24hrs he had sent me the start of his design. Within another 48hrs the CAD design was essentially complete. And this with Stefan being busy........

We traded e-mails frequently for about a week while he fine-tuned the design. He was extremely helpful and always accommodated each request to adjust the design. Once we were both happy he made a prototype and then committed to make my two production seats. They were shipped via DHL and arrived in just over a week. My initial contact was on 20 September and the parts were shipped on 22 October. 1 month total for a custom designed set of seats is extremely impressive.

The detail on the seats is incredible. They are 3D printed using some powder sintering process. One amazing part are the 3d printed foam cushions for the seat. They are real foam and are squishable.

I can't wait to assemble and paint the seats. Once detailed they will look amazing.

Last edited by JSF-TC; 10-30-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:36 PM
JSF-TC

Some photos of the seats as delivered.

Paul
Old 10-30-2019, 05:40 PM
JSF-TC

I 110% endorse Stefan and scale-print.de for your scale detail needs, either off the shelf parts or custom designed. There is no charge for the custom work and you can get exactly what you desire. Superb customer service and the prices were extremely reasonable for the product you get.

http://www.scale-print.de

Note - I am not connected with scale-print, nor have I received any discount. This is just a review by an extremely impressed customer. Stefan is hoping to break into the US market, and I have no reservations about recommending him.

Paul
Old 10-30-2019, 05:45 PM
JSF-TC

A couple of photos of the real seat for comparison.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Ron S

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Very impressive, it sounds... I'd like to go visit your seat parts!
I assume the seat parts were made with SLS process? (Powder resin, laser cured)
Old 10-30-2019, 07:49 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

I can vouch for the quality of these parts. I saw them a couple of days ago while visiting Paul for some other jet related items and to see his bucc forward fuse assembly. The squishy foam seat cushions were cool AF. The detail is incredible plain and simple for all the pieces.