Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Tools for sensor emulation on Jeti DC/DS-24 Emulator

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Tools for sensor emulation on Jeti DC/DS-24 Emulator

Old 11-02-2019, 09:35 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tools for sensor emulation on Jeti DC/DS-24 Emulator

Hi all,

This post is for those of you who are developing lua scripts for the Jeti transmitters.

I do most of my development work on the DC/DS-24 emulator on Linux. I have always wanted some sort of emulation of telemetry sensors so that I could run the exact same code paths on the emulator and on the TX. Up to now, I put in little debug sections that bypass the sensor input routines and supply values often derived from the analog sliders (P5-P8) on the emulator. This is ok but not really what I think is needed.

So I've developed two lua modules that can be included (by the lua "require" function) into a lua script and will provide a set of sensors that look and act exactly like the actual ones .. you make all the same function calls .. but provide synthesized data from the analog sliders (or other controls).

The first module, sensorEmulator.lua has an associated json file that defines a list of sensors, how the sliders control them, and even has the ability to specify an arbitrary lua expression to transform the slider value to a sensor output., It can also simulate a GPS device. You give it, via a second json file, a GPS origin (lat, long) and expressions for x and for y to make a parametric representation of a shape (e.g. ellipse, lissajous figure) and it will generate the correct packed values for valGPS.

The second module sensorLogEm.lua reads Jeti TX log files, and replays the log file. You specify a subset of the sensors from the log file in a json file, and it replays those sensor values for the flight, essentially letting you "fly the flight" with a new lua script that you are developing.

These are just in the "v0" stage and I'd love to find some beta testers or collaborators... PM me if interested.

Dave McQ
Old 11-03-2019, 04:46 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Hi Dave, Sorry I cant help you program the stuff, but I really like using the ones you have given me so far. Thanks
Old 11-03-2019, 06:31 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Gary. I guess not many doing lua apps for Jeti here in the US. Happy you responded to break the sound of crickets :-)

As you know some of the apps I have done so far are:

Speed announcer that varies the announcement interval as speed changes more or less
Time and fuel announcer that announces time since takeoff, current fuel state, and below 1/2 full, time to bingo fuel
Real-time graphing window for 1 or 2 telemetry parameters
Arbitrary pattern, morse code and sensor-linked smart smoke system
Autothrottle that runs on the TX and regulates speed from a pitot system
Autothrottle user interface for Carsten G's autothrottle built into the Digitech CTU
Telemetry screen for the new Digitech CRU retract controller
Lua braking parachute program inspired by the function of Dan Gill's autochute hardware system
GPS map on the TX screen that shows the aircraft position flying around in real time, with "tapes" for alt and airspeed plus a rudimentary RNAV function
Pre-flight surface exercise that monitors current as all surfaces move. configurable with a file for the controls and sequence to mimic what F-18s and F-16s do

plus these utilities...