Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Why No Havoc build thread?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Why No Havoc build thread?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 12:04 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Why No Havoc build thread?

I’ve searched and searched and I can’t find a build thread on one. I have a a B300F that needs a home and I’m curious about my possibilities! I told Scott that I will want one soon.

I’ve seen them fly plenty and they look great!

Is there a build thread out there on one? I want to see the inside of them and how the gear are holding up etc... So if you know of a thread please help a bro out!
Old 11-03-2019, 01:11 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think because it's in such a ARF condition when you get it vs a Carf or others
Old 11-03-2019, 01:24 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

You would be better off just asking to see the inside/installs of owners. There's not enough "build" for a build thread.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:54 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Not much to build really, very similar to my Rebel Pro I built it in less than two weeks.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:13 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=235194

Maybe this will help
Old 11-03-2019, 07:04 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

They also aren't cheap. It's not like thousands of people are flying them.
heck, the comp art Rebel HOT thread doesn't have much activity on it and it's only a $2200 jet less servos n turbine.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:00 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I did a Havoc build article for the Winter 2018 edition of JPO's Contrails, if you happen to have a copy laying around. Like others have said, it's an "ARF" but there are still a few nice-to-know tips and suggestions. Specifically (and if they haven't changed anything since then), the main gear mounts need to be beefed up. FWIW, I love the way mine flies.

Craig
Old 11-04-2019, 04:07 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 356 Likes on 286 Posts

There's a GTS article coming in Model Aviation in a few months but like everyone else said, there's not a lot to do.
It took longer to figure out the first install of a Powerbox Core than it did to do the assembly.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:14 AM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

go over to Facebook - Havoc build page https://www.facebook.com/groups/513024425701584/
It covers all Havoc sizes with lots of pics and variety of installs to get tips and ideas from.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:56 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
I’ve searched and searched and I can’t find a build thread on one. I have a a B300F that needs a home and I’m curious about my possibilities! I told Scott that I will want one soon.

I’ve seen them fly plenty and they look great!

Is there a build thread out there on one? I want to see the inside of them and how the gear are holding up etc... So if you know of a thread please help a bro out!
Raf, you need to get a Facebook account. The Havoc page has tons of info and Photos.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:05 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

They are really expensive, I would love to get one but they are out of my price range. Like others have said there’s probably not as many of them out there.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:11 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 356 Likes on 286 Posts

I dunno about that, you go to Florida Jets or any of the big events and there's a pile of the things, they multiply like tribbles
Old 11-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by quist
Raf, you need to get a Facebook account. The Havoc page has tons of info and Photos.
Not Raf but I'll chime in with what I think he might say as do I; I'm not interested in giving my soul to Mark Zuckerberg
Old 11-05-2019, 02:10 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Raf!! Good seeing you in California again!! Was really nice time there again this year! We come a long way to see you guys every year but i wouldnt miss it!!

There is a huge Facebook group with 1000's of pictures and builds with alot of information but Im going go start trying to post more information on here as i realize many people dont use facebook.

The EA line all come the same level of ARF.
The Fuel tank fittings will need to be glued on tank and the small back former will need to be glued on tank and youll have to glue in a blind nut to the wood former. I also glue blind nuts on the top fuel tank brace.. In the future we will be doing some of these steps.
The horns need to be glued in but the slots are already cut. We have gone back and forth on whether to install horns at factory but worry about damage in shipping. the horns are very large and can puncture other parts. plus gluing in them yourself helps fine tune the setup and positioning.
install the servos. there are servo pockets for every surface. drop in servo and screw in. I use #4 screws
install linkages.
install electron landing gear. 4 #6 wood screws per leg and your done. Electron landing gear are the best. little to no maintenance. plug and play
install turbine
install pipe on rail
plumb the tank, UAT, vent
install receiver
install wiring.
GO fly.
I built this Rogue in 2 days but normally i need a week of evenings. I even made this one with a nose door. adding lights can add several days too. The wire harness option can save several days works too i highly recommend it.
You have built alot of jets and these are nothing compared to what you've built. these are very quick ARF builds.
Heres pics I took while assembly of the Rogue.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/egn0zrlhr...QxqbXcMva?dl=0

I can send pics of anything you like!!!
Best Regards,
Scott
Old 11-05-2019, 08:01 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Scott, Craig, Tony, et al., I had a long “I hate FakeBoom” response, but let’s just say FB was a total intrusion in my Bay Area life and had a huge contribution to our family’s move to the Sacramento area.

And thank you for all the links and even the FB one. I just can’t figure out how to make FB show builds like RCU. I consider myself relatively tech savvy, well at least I’m not intimidated by it, but FB doesn’t present to me the way I want my last little hobby the way I want.

As soon as I finish up my Mibo, my B300F will need a home and I’ll post up some pics!!

It’s always great to see the show you and Pablo put up Scott! Thanks again, and if peeps have Havoc pics to post up, put some here for me (and others!) to salivate over!!
Old 11-12-2019, 04:44 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is no build threads for Havocs

you "Guide" the parts to come together ;-)