Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Cortex Pro x Jetti assist

Old 11-10-2019, 07:49 PM
rsdeus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Cortex Pro x Jetti assist

Hi guys,
Im building an sport jet and Im in doubt about what gyro to use, cortex pro or jeti assist.
What do you think guys?

Thanks

Last edited by rsdeus; 11-10-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:30 PM
causeitflies

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have an Assist in a T-1 with good results.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:46 PM
LA jetguy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cortex Pro for sure.... it works better with Jeti than Jeti assist. You can adjust gyro gain and heading of Cortex Pro from the “Gyro menu” of Jeti transmitter unlike Jeti Assist.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:03 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had 3 assist in my jets when they first come out.....now I’m 100% Cortex pro, works great...with the CB or Stand alone receiver.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:42 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You cant beat a Cortex Pro. I use several all have outstanding results. I also tried a 7assist in a PA F16. It too works quite well. saves $ as I use one device. You can set it up with adjustable in flight gains on all axis. As any gyro it took time to get it perfected but I am very pleased with it. The latest update corrected many shortfalls in its programing.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:14 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For sure, at the beginning I couldn’t turn it ON because it was with CB’s so that’s when I pulled them out....now at 7 CP there’s now turning back too much $ into them...

Like all systems, maturity will benefit them greatly, I still have my assist into 3D and misc’s planes and they work fine....
Old 11-11-2019, 07:57 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by LA jetguy View Post
Cortex Pro for sure.... it works better with Jeti than Jeti assist. You can adjust gyro gain and heading of Cortex Pro from the “Gyro menu” of Jeti transmitter unlike Jeti Assist.
Not sure why you'd say that. With the additional flight mode I find the Assist to be perhaps even more flexible than the Cortex, especially if you are using things like thrust vectoring and only want it active in specific flight modes. As for the Gyro menu, you most certainly can use it with the Assist though perhaps in a slightly different way than the Cortex. For example you can use Gyro Sens 0, assigned to a channel outside the regular servo channels (say channel 16 with a REX12A) and controlled by a 3 position switch, which also controls the Assist Flight Mode. Using this you can set separate gains for each flight mode in the Assist, with a value of 0 being the default gain programmed into the Assist. You can then increase the Gyro sens channel to say 33% to increase the gain for an Assist Flight mode or set it to a negative value to decrease the gain for that flight mode. If desired you can also use all 3 gyro sens settings and have separate gains for each axis in each flight mode if desired but I find I normally tune the gain up or down for all axis with a single control..

I personally have Assists in 4 different Aircraft (2 Aerobatics planes and 2 Jets) and have setup another 4 for friends and find they work perfectly and are very flexible in how they can be setup. Haven't tried one in something like a canard yet but with the controls they provide for which channels are stabilized for each axis it would seem to be able to deal with that as well. Not trying to say anything bad about the Cortex, for me I prefer "one and done" type of solutions as opposed to separate receivers, separate gyro, etc. and it doesn't bother me that the entire Assist solution cost less than the Cortex Pro alone.

Last edited by wfield0455; 11-11-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:22 AM
causeitflies

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by LA jetguy View Post
Cortex Pro for sure.... it works better with Jeti than Jeti assist. You can adjust gyro gain and heading of Cortex Pro from the Gyro menu of Jeti transmitter unlike Jeti Assist.
I'm not much of a gyro guy. I just use a little dampening stabilization for windy days. In my jets I have one each of Jeti, Cortex Pro, iGyro 3 and Aura 8. They all meet my needs. The Jeti was the easiest to set up and is the most flexible in the radio.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:19 AM
rsdeus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks guys
Old 11-11-2019, 01:06 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have Cortex Pro on my Big jets and assist on the smallest ones...

Were are you planning to use it?