Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Midwest Jet Pilot's Spring Fling

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Midwest Jet Pilot's Spring Fling

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 12:39 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Midwest Jet Pilot's Spring Fling

Formally the Michigan Jet Pilot's Spring Fling, the name was changed to eliminate confusion with Curtis's revival of "Michigan Jets." We draw jet pilots from PA, OH, IN, IL, WI, KY, TN, FL as well as all over Michigan. Below is a link to a video that shows all the various things going on at the Baldwin RC Park. However, June 8-12 is for jets only (Turbine and EDF).

Last edited by Len Todd; 03-04-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:47 AM
Len Todd

Thought we were getting real close to opening up the RC Park, ... and today we got some more snow!
Old 03-26-2022, 12:00 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Thought we were getting real close to opening up the RC Park, ... and today we got some more snow!
Hate to break it to you, but you've got more snow and cold on the way. It's supposed to hit here Tue/Wed so you'll probably see it about Thu/Fri........
Old 03-28-2022, 04:18 PM
Len Todd

Zeeb:

Is that an Ultra Flash you have in your picture? The pic is so small it is hard to tell. If yes, I have a brand new stab in what looks the same scheme. If you are interested, let me know. I'll make you an offer that would be hard to refuse.

Keep an eye on the elevator hinges. I had to replace mine once and the second stab failed after about 10 hours of flight causing flutter and a crash. Third one is still sittin' in the box.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:45 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Zeeb:

Is that an Ultra Flash you have in your picture? The pic is so small it is hard to tell. If yes, I have a brand new stab in what looks the same scheme. If you are interested, let me know. I'll make you an offer that would be hard to refuse.

Keep an eye on the elevator hinges. I had to replace mine once and the second stab failed after about 10 hours of flight causing flutter and a crash. Third one is still sittin' in the box.
No that is a SebArt Avanti S.
Old 03-30-2022, 12:57 PM
Len Todd

Nice color scheme!
Old 06-03-2022, 08:57 AM
Len Todd

Well, it is only 4 more days, and we open the Baldwin RC Park up for its first 2022 event, the Midwest Jet Pilot's Spring Fling (June 8-12). June 8 is our Main Event Area setup, test and tune and waiver and LTMA Cert. day. We have a couple pilots scheduled for arrival on Wednesday. It is a great time to get some low pressure flight time. Also, Sunday June 12th we will have the field open for the die-hards that just want to get some more stick time. We frequently run late in the evenings, so it is a great time to see your nav lights, etc. Also after 5:00pm anything that flies is acceptable. There always seems to be plenty of EDF gaggles in the evening, too. We run kind of a laid back event, especially after 5:00pm and on Wednesdays and Sundays. We also have a lot of really great pilots' raffle prizes this year from our 12 industry sponsors. We have onsite food service including breakfast. Onsite camping is allowed. If you have any questions, please check out the below flier or contact me (907) 903-3569.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:23 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Almost there just need to pack some stuff.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:34 PM
weeksflyer
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Larry, Jordan, and Ricki will be there fosho!

Coming up early Thursday mornin!