Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ViperJet Maiden

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ViperJet Maiden

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 11:42 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ViperJet Maiden

Put the first three flights on my Viperjet this past Saturday. All I want to say is "WOW". This plane is everything as advertised. It flies rock solid and very precise. Mine has all the bells & whistles(digital servos, extra batteries & switches, Tam smoke system, heavy duty custom struts by Tam, etc.) and the dry weight is 26lbs. and flying weight about 30 lbs. I am flying mine with a JetCat P-80 and it is plenty for power. The plane flys around like it was a 15lb. airplane. It is so light on the controls and feels very light in all manuevers, from 4-point rolls, 800 ft. loops, high speed low passes, high g-manuevers and slow flight. Similar to a pattern-aircraft, this plane goes exactly where you point it. And the best part is when your done having all this fun and your timer goes off telling you your "bingo fuel" this baby is a sweetheart to land. Absolutely no bad characteristics. Tam has really done his homework on this one. With alot of recent questionable bad publicity on the Viperjet, including design flaw, incidence problems, flutter, and even delamination, I was a little concerned about the test flights. Just like the four Viperjets before mine, my plane trimmed out with only a few clicks of left and up. I had checked the incidence and washout before the test flight and had predicted the same approximate trim correction. My airplane was assembled by TamJets, was kit number five, was built exactly as per Tam's instructions, and no modifications except for the gap seal addendum to the instruction manual. Having owned and/or flown many of the popular jets on the scene during the last couple of years, I predict that this aircraft will soon become a favorite of many jet pilots. I would be more than happy to share more info on this plane if you want to email me.

Keep em flying,
John O.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:50 AM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ViperJet Maiden

John,
Glad you have fun with it.
This coming saturday we can meet at the place you test flew your Viper.
I want to compare the speed between P-80 to P-120. I hope Jimmy can do maiden flight his too. His is #6 kit I assemble. Ehab go to be #7. He already order me to built for him this afternoon.
BTW,
My friends call me this afternoon. Their saw 7 full scale Viper Jet doing the formation flight at SF Bay. Same color scheme. I wish I was there to witness full Viper flight.
Some of this days will meet Scott (president of full scale Viper Jet) for a tour.
Scott does had one of our model kit for display in his show room.

Brg,
Tam
Old 10-13-2003, 10:49 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

John:

Congrats on the Viper and glad to hear the P80 was enough!! If you say it can handle high G manouvers, then I THINK I am in for one. I have pulled some high G's on my Bobcat w/o a problem yet.....So I hope the Viper can do it too!!

Tam:

I need to fly the viper from take off to landing then give you the green my man!!! I know it will be an easy test...But I am picky as you know!!! It is ok, Will help with you with the retracts mods!!! (personal preference only)

BTW, your T33 pipe is perfect for my plane. I hope to fly it next weekend!!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:48 PM
tamjets

Ehab,
Sure you can take off and land with my Viper.
But there is addition cost to it. Since you want use my to practice your bad landing. So your plane cost 30% more than regular price. I wonder why you want me to put in over kill retract system.
I'll arrange my time so we can fly all days on saturday. Promise the wife to take care the kitchen sink this sunday if I'm flying on saturday.[:-]
Tam
Old 10-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Miguel Santana
My Feedback: (6)

Excelent news!! Congratulation on your maiden.
Mine will have a P-120, and wondering about the weight distribution in order to get the correct CG location.
I'll be also ussing the the battery redundant system from Electrodynamics with 3200 & 700 Mah battery packs.
Any inputs?
Regards,
Miguel.-
Old 10-13-2003, 03:59 PM
HotelSierra
My Feedback: (9)

Miguel, I have a 3300mah NiMh ECU battery at the nose of the plane, 2-1100 NiCd Rx batteries and 700 NiMh smoke pump battery under the middle of the cockpit area. Mine balanced right on C.G. (210mm). Because of it's size, presence in the sky and ease of flight characteristics, I can easily see the Viperjet become very popular, much like the hotspots, kagaroos and bobcats.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Rojeck
My Feedback: (22)

Hey Tam,

Does this mean I can fly your Viper as well this weekend?

Sung
Old 10-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Rojeck

John congrats on your first flights.

Sung
Old 10-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Ehab

Hey Sung:

You can fly my Bobcat this weekend AFTER you give me an open cashier's check

Hope to see you this Sat....
Old 10-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Rojeck

Hey Ehab,

I was gonna give you CASH, but if its a check you got it. You gonna fly with us this weekend?

Sung
Old 10-13-2003, 11:20 PM
Ehab

IF you bring cash, I'll fly with you

See you there dude!!
Old 10-13-2003, 11:58 PM
tamjets

Sung,
Bring alot cash. You might went home with couple planes.
Everything fosale from Tamjets.
8:30 saturday morning we all meet there.
You welcom to spend friday night at my place. We can do some dinner on friday night if you and your wife have time. Your wife can take your truck on saturday and go shopping. I use my to pull your trailer.
How that sound.
Tam
Old 10-14-2003, 01:19 AM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

HotelSierra,

Congratulations on the successful maiden!!

Sung,

It was really nice to meet you this weekend! Let your wife know my wife was "Glad there was someone to talk to that wasn't talking about jets"!! Can't wait to fly with you guys, it's only 1 hour and 20 minutes from here!

Regards,
Kenny

By the way, I will be by to pick up my car this weekend!!?
Old 10-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Miguel Santana
My Feedback: (6)

I'm 100% agree with you. This jet will become VERY popular...is a matter of time while breaking the streedfull introduction process....
Besides, down here in my country we a planning to make a fly in with 7 days of activities including a couples of days in one of the best hotels of the east cost, and would like you, so all other, to consider to come at the middle of next year.

See this:

http://www.barcelo.com/Barcelo/EN/Pr...htm?cHotel=20#

Miguel
Old 10-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Rojeck

Kenny,

It was good to meet you and your wife. Its nice when you bring your wife with you, cause that means we can spend more time BSing about planes. As for the weekend, I will be heading up north to San Jose, but I would like to swing by your parts around 11/8 if thats cool. I have a few guys here who wouldn't mind tagging along.

P.S.
You don't want the car, its tooo windy in that thing.

Sung
Old 10-14-2003, 11:27 PM
Ehab

Hey Sung and friends:

Tam and I are trying to build a Viper as light as possible (shooting for 24.5-25 lbs using lab quality scale, dry) and with HD landing gear (he and Hai are doing most of the work, I am just keeping them company ). I hope to fly it next weekend. My plan is to test this jet and see if it can handle my flying and landings!!! Will let you fly it next time you are up here, Sung!! I may try a P70 or P120, have not decided yet...........
Old 10-14-2003, 11:55 PM
Rojeck

Ehab

I will have a MB 339 with a P-70 that I will be maidening this weekend. You can check it out for your self.

Sung
Old 10-15-2003, 12:03 AM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

Sung,

I only bring the wife to keep the other wifes busy!

I would love to have you guys here. 11/8 sounds good to me but I will run it buy the Mrs. to make sure there is nothing going on that weekend!

It would take more than the 160mph wind that car will make to change my mind on it!!! Trust me!

Regards,
Old 10-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Ehab

Sung:

Am I to assume that the MB339 is the one I sold you? If so, it will be great to see it fly!!! Will help in any way possible...
Old 10-15-2003, 02:19 AM
oden

ORIGINAL: tampipes
BTW,
My friends call me this afternoon. Their saw 7 full scale Viper Jet doing the formation flight at SF Bay. Same color scheme. I wish I was there to witness full Viper flight.
Some of this days will meet Scott (president of full scale Viper Jet) for a tour.
Scott does had one of our model kit for display in his show room.

Not quite but actually, that's not too far off as there are over 10 Full Scale Viperjets under construction that are being constructed in parallel and will be flight ready around the same time. I'm pretty sure that over half of them are queued to be upgraded to the pressurized version too. Scott and Dan are neck deep in the full scale stuff so I've been put in charge of the promotional items (i.e. models and flight sim add-ons, etc.) If you have any questions let me know as they will probably refer you my way anyway.

--Erik
[email protected]
Old 10-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Ehab

Hi Erik:

I would like a different color scheme for my Viper, so can you perhaps show us some pics, if you have them, of the full size Viper?
Old 10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Ehab

Hi Erik:

I would like a different color scheme for my Viper, so can you perhaps show us some pics, if you have them, of the full size Viper?
Try this:

http://www.viper-aircraft.com/

There are pics on the site, but most of them are either construction pics or ones of the standard white/black/red scheme.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:37 PM
tamjets

Eric,
You're right. My friend mistaken. Because of the collor scheme a canopy look. He though is the Viper. But when I ask him. Does it had winglet. He said no. So must be something else.
Anyways,
I'm looking for more different color scheme. Shoot me some pictures. Cermark can request the factory to offer different color scheme.
Brg,
Tam
Old 10-15-2003, 11:20 PM
oden

Hey guys,

Actually, the color scheme is pretty much open and I have an idea of what the new MKII demo aircraft will sport, as well as some of the customer aircraft, but the primary color as is with most composite, full-scale craft, will remain white. With the models, it is not so much a concern but with experimental composite aviation most composites still favor the white base. Actually, the original Viperjet has this almost 3D perl white that I fell in love with 2yrs ago at the Scottsdale, AZ Business Jet Aircraft Preview.

The corporate demo aircraft is slated to make most of the major shows in 2004 and I will even try to convince a Superman appearance... no promisses though.

A lot of you guys have some serious artistic capabilities... how 'bout a competition to design some cool color schemes? Winner get's a ride in the full scale, with appropriate waivers signed! hehehehehehehe.

I'm shooting from the hip here and would have to approve this with my "brothers!"

--Erik
Old 10-15-2003, 11:47 PM
tamjets

Erik,
Kept me updated next year show. I would love to had my park next to the full scale one.
I'll coming up with few color scheme for the Viper. This won't be release until next year.
Brg,
Tam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.