Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM F-86?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM F-86?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 06:29 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM F-86?

I'm wanting to know if the the new nose wheel on the BVM F-86 is doing well.
I had two of the older kits and they are great flying jets. I sold them because of the nose gear collapsed too much.

I'm pretty confident that the the pneumatic gear is working well., but also would like to know if over all, how the new kit is as far as detachable tail parts etc.

I'd rather it stay in one piece except for the wings. Are the tail parts secured so that there's no play in them. I know of one of the other kits that a friend had. The tail parts moved a little.

I'm deciding on this or a Super bandit. I'm a scale buff so I'd rather have an F-86. i have a BC XL for my sport jet.

Thanks
Scott
Old 11-06-2003, 07:10 PM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts
Default RE: BVM F-86?

After running off the grass (abondoned a take off in no wind conditions on a short strip) with mine and damaging the plastic nose gear I replaced it with the new all metal unit, a simple drop in job. Works great and with metal flex arms the whole thing is much stronger.
David Gladwin
Old 11-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Jetman007
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: BVM F-86?

Just finished building the new F86. I built two of the older versions in prior years. I too had trouble with the old style nose gear collapsing and / or breaking.

I have NO concern about the new nose gear not working. It appears to be very robust.

The bolt on stabs are rock solid. The fin wiggles front to aft, ever so slightly. I believe that is typical as I have seen other new Sabers exhibit the same.

I look forward to flying mine soon. The weather up here turned cold and the outlook is for a very chilly weekend. Therefore, I'll not fly her this weekend.

I will try and post some pics here though.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:32 PM
MSA0713

Anyone has a spare nose retract or any other parts please call or text 617-538-7755