RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

MIG 15

Old 12-01-2003, 12:49 PM
EXTREME GRAPHICCS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default MIG 15

HI Guys: Just getting ready to purchase Composite ARF Mig 15 kit, looking for some input about this jet. I saw it fly at SUPERMAN 2002, Any input about this jet would be helpful I.E. Construction, possible TOP GUN jet? ect.. Thank you Randy..........
Old 12-01-2003, 01:03 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: MIG 15

Tamjets had a problem getting the landing gear to wrok. They may have fixed this problem, I do not know. Check with the factory.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:23 PM
wd40
My Feedback: (81)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had problems with gear could not make them work I sent it back. The gear in the first one is not the same gear.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Gary L
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry sent to wrong person:
Old 12-01-2003, 04:21 PM
Gary L
My Feedback: (21)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Randy:
Just finished all the construction of the Mig 15. Done all the gear doors for mains & nose. Did not have a problem with the mains only that it took a lot of time with the doors. Done the speed brakes using a hot spot main gear retract cylinder to open & close the brake. No problem only time. Didn't like the way they mounted the aileron servo inside the wing using a rib that is a 20 degree angle to the hinge line. The elevator control horns are a joke. The solder joint on the horn is weak. Needs to be redone using high strength silver solder. I will say the kit went together good. It was complete. Waiting for scale cockpit and pilot. If you have any questions call me at 1-800-658-2369. Thanks, Gary
Old 12-01-2003, 07:55 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Gary, I'm also like the comp-arf mig-15. Planning to by one after came back from Iraq. I will like to know more about this beauty, please send some pics. What retracts are you using? The ones that comp-arf sells for it or robarts? If you can give flight report will be nice.
Thanks, Alejandro
Old 12-01-2003, 11:41 PM
DC1163
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Randy,
I know of a couple of others flying the F.C. MIG 15 and I don't know how the set theirs up but this is what I would suggest to any one builds it to throw away the elevator torsion linkage and use something else in it's place. The ball link arm is soldered to the brass insert and the one I had came loose with just a little bit of pressure applied to it. Also the outer gear door arm needs to be set up differently, I could never get it to work properly trying to set it up as the manual instructed. I also mounted everything in the nose section and still had to add weight to get the C.G. correct. Mine came out to 28lbs dry after adding nose weight, I am flying it with a Ram 1000 tuned down to 24lbs of thrust and it had plenty of power to fly it.( I never went above 3/4 throttle after take off.) Get Robart retracts. The specs are the same as the Avonds F15 but you have to get Robart to make them 100 degree instead of 90 degree. The struts will bolt right in. Mine came with solid fiberglass rods for spars, you can see the wings flex in flight. I am currently looking for some carbon rods to replace them. The Mig does fly well and on landing it slows down well when the flaps and speed brakes are activated. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
David
Old 12-01-2003, 11:43 PM
DC1163
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry, I tried to upload a pic but it did not work
David
Old 10-12-2004, 02:31 AM
PropFlipper
My Feedback: (227)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Gary,
I have just started thinking about a cockpit for my CARF Mig and noticed your post from 03. What did you decide to do for one?

Tom