Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone Ever Model the BD-10?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone Ever Model the BD-10?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:09 AM
mlumbert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Ever Model the BD-10?

Just want to help clarify something for Dave...

I assume your talking about Andy who is up in Deer Valley who used to own the prototpye BD10, but no longer does.. He had done a wonderful job of restoring that aircraft back to flying status, and I flew the aircraft for him for some time. Andy sold that aircraft to another private owner on the south side of Phoenix over two years ago now, where I delivered it. It was disassembled and moved to his house. To this day it sits in his (the new owner's) garage. The aircraft has been up for sale in Trade a Plane (by the new owner) for quite some time now.. You could have bought that one!

Hope you enjoy your RV!

Mike
Old 06-04-2004, 04:45 AM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Mike, my bad sorry. Yea, I was talking about Andy. Wish I could have had the bling bling to lay down for the -10. I couldn't get insurance...and there for financing on the -5! The RV is great. Sorry for the misinfo

Dave
Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 PM
byrocat

The "blue Angels" colour scheme BD-10 wound up being part of the Toronto Aerospace Museum's collection for a while (why oh why didn't I take a lot of pictures of it then.....) before being sold into a private collection somewhere between Toronto and Ottawa.

Jim Bede's problems with the design and his business methods are part of the pbulic record a classic case of not doing the basic enginering and being pessimistic about your results and inputs, and not testing to verify your calculations.

I've got a set of basic 3-views of the "Peregrine" but have never found enough photgraphy of the ass-end of things so that I could figure out how to build an EDF version.

The thread mentioned eariler here has the FM article and a good image of the plans. Enough for me to figure out how to create the design.

Anyone else worked on a 70mm EDF version?
Old 12-15-2013, 06:45 PM
byrocat

Just seeing if there's any life in this old thread. I'm kicking it off again with a 40mm EDF micro-jet version. Plans have been kicking around a thread in RC Groups for years.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=bd+10+edf