Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FIJR - Storm Report

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FIJR - Storm Report

Old 08-16-2004, 11:12 AM
diceman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIJR - Storm Report

Steve and I have received a lot of calls and Emails regarding hurricane Charley. Those of us in west central Florida were very lucky and missed most of the damage. The US Hwy 27 corridor around Lake Wales was not so lucky. Most of East Polk County will be out of power for a few more days, and as the pictures here on RCU have shown, the Lake Wales Airport received a lot of damage. Actually the eye of the storm went right over the LW airport, and much was destroyed. With that said, we were still much more fortunate than our neighbors to the south.

As for the FIJR, we are on schedule with no change in plans. Early reports are that operations at the LW airport will be back on track shortly.

Thanks again for your thoughts, and we look forward to seeing everyone in November.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:11 PM
diceman
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: FIJR - Storm Report

I just received an Email from our friends at the Lake Wales Airport. They have a new jump plane arriving on Wednesday, and every one is fine. They should be back up and running in just a couple of days.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Larry K

Default RE: FIJR - Storm Report

Thanks for the report! We were concearned about the jumper's at Lake Whales.

Larry