Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JPO/Contrails news letter editor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JPO/Contrails news letter editor

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 07:42 PM
S_Ellzey

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default JPO/Contrails news letter editor

Hi Guys,

We have been looking for a new editor for Contrails (the JPO news letter) for a while. I thought we might try and expand the search a bit.

The position is that of a JPO officer, which means you do get in on the discussions that go on between the officers. Contrails is published four times a year. It typically takes me about 4-5 nights to produce an issue, about 2 nights formatting or scanning photos and proof reading text, 2 nights to put everything together, and normally one more night to check everything over and do any final clean up. From there a computer file is taken to a graphics house that makes the offset negatives that are then sent to the publisher along with a set of mailing labels (it takes about 30 minutes to produce those).

The editor needs to have good English and computer skills (or at least as good as mine), and a willingness to hold to a dead line.

If you have any questions, or would like to take this task on let me know.

Steven Ellzey
President, JPO
Old 08-30-2004, 11:00 PM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JPO/Contrails news letter editor

Steven-

Sent you a PM...