Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Propane Valve from Great Northern Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Propane Valve from Great Northern Models

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 02:06 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Propane Valve from Great Northern Models

A few months ago, I met with Ed from Great Northern Models In Toronto on a lay-over and I picked up a propane valve. The propane valve has been an issue for Wren operators in the U.S. because the one that Wren uses only fits European gas tanks. I've been using a modified torch valve with good success but I had to do a bit of fabricating. I finally got around to hooking up the GNM valve last weekend. This valve provides regulated pressure and it easy to hook up. I just plugged a piece of 4mm Festo tubing in and I was done. As you can see in the photos, I mount my gas solenoid valve on the supply tank and use a servo extension to the FADEC for start up just like I had done on the old valve. Anyway, I can say that it works great. Just turn the knob one click and "whoop", a good light-off when the auto-start commands it. With the old un-regulated setup, I had to be cognizant of the bottle pressure....full, half-full, hot, cold etc. and then regulate the gas with the knob for nice smooth starts. The GNM valve sells for $17.50 U.S.

Tailwinds,

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46130.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	195597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15555.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	195598  
Old 11-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Aero65
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Propane Valve from Great Northern Models

I will Second that, John.

I have 2 of them from Greatnorthern Models. They work well on small and large turbines.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:59 PM
rcav8tr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Duke and John

Great to hear you like the valves and that they're working out great for you.

Hey John, when are you in Toronto next?

Ed
Old 11-23-2004, 02:10 AM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ed,

I don't know. I've got the next two weeks off and then in December, I'm on reserve. Which means that although I have Christmas and New Years off, I don't know where I'm going to be flying during the month. I'll let you know as soon as I know. I need to talk to you about some retracts and wheels/brakes..................

Regards,

John