Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone flying jets near PHX, AZ the week after Christmas?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone flying jets near PHX, AZ the week after Christmas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone flying jets near PHX, AZ the week after Christmas?

I’m going to be visiting relatives in the Greater Phoenix Arizona area (Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, etc.) from December 26th to December 31st. It’s been about ten years since I’ve visited AZ so I’m sure things have changed greatly.

Can anyone suggest some locations / clubs that folks might be flying during that week and what times of the day I’m most likely to catch someone at those fields?

I did check the AMA site for locations of some clubs, but it is hard to discern if people fly jets there.

My wife and children are coming along otherwise I would have looked into shipping one of my jets out there to fly all week!

Thanks in advance.

Nick
Old 12-21-2004, 11:09 AM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone flying jets near PHX, AZ the week after Christmas?

Nick
Check SunValleyFlyers, off Cavecreek & Jomax ( North phoenix off 101 loop)....... Great group of Flyers.. most of the jet gang usually flys Sat./Sun ( IMO, SVF is one of the best JET strips , lot of run off area, and empty spaces)
Semper Fi
Joe
PS ..I would have shipped a plane, the weather is OUTSTANDING.....
Old 12-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Kmarks
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick, Hi just as Joe said, the Sun Valley field is the place. We fly there usaully Sat and sundays, you must contact a field member first to get the gate code and club rules etc....the gate must be unlocked and locked behind you, field rules.

Excellent field, about 10 to 11 jet guys at this field so lots of fun. have any questions call me 602-679-5177..

Hope to see you out there.

Kevin Marks

PS. I grew up in Cleveland.
PSS Sorry to the club members for posting gate code.....
Old 12-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Nick, you lucky dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish I could go with ya, It's been about 14 years since I was there, same area you are talking about,Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley and Mesa. My Ex lives in Scottsdale. LOL
Old 12-21-2004, 09:38 PM
john neilson
My Feedback: (2)

Hello Nick,

You are very welcome to come to the Sun Valley Fliers field and we have some superb conditions and pilots. I would suggest using Mapquest for directions. Best bet is to use directions-intersections of N. Cave Creek rd & E. Jomax rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85327. At that point you will be able to see our site to the West. Bring a plane !!

John
SVF
Old 12-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks everyone for the information. I printed the Mapquest directions and found the SVF web site. Hope to see you at the flying field sometime next week.

Now hopefully we can get our flight out of Cleveland; we are in the middle of a minor blizzard!

Nick