Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TEXAS MOtor SPEEDWAY

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TEXAS MOtor SPEEDWAY

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 01:52 AM
jeteffx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEXAS MOtor SPEEDWAY

I would like to know how many guys in the DFW metroplex area would like to possibly meet at the TX. Motor Speedway sometime in the near future for a jet-together.This would include turbines, D/F's and any propjet. This place is so big with concrete that we really could have some fun.........if I can get enough responses I will go ahead with getting together with the TMS people and setting a date. This would be just a "FunFly".........Happy Holidays........Perry
Old 12-20-2001, 02:57 AM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Great Idea

This sounds like a great Idea! Is this the one right next to College Station or is it in a different location. However sounds like a good place to have a fun fly. Would you have to pay a fee to fly? Give us the details.

David Elizondo
Old 12-20-2001, 04:51 AM
Cowdog
My Feedback: (13)

Default I'm in!!!

Perry,

I'd definitely be interested. I've had my F-18 flying for about 6 months now but have only flown it at Lubbock (Reese AFB mmmm 10000 feet of Runway mmmmm).

I'd love to fly it out here in Dallas and could probably get a few friends from Lubbock to come out too..

Hank
Old 12-20-2001, 05:10 AM
rc4mike
My Feedback: (1)

Default Texas Motor Speedway

I would love to fly out at TMS. Have heard from others that it's a great location. We just started flying at our new field in far north Dallas, but it's only 650 ft. Iwould imagine we could get at least 8 to 10 from Dallas to come fly.

Mike Jensen
Old 12-20-2001, 01:30 PM
DavidR

Mike,

ONLY 650' ???????? How much runway do you need?

David Reid
Old 12-20-2001, 02:32 PM
rc4mike

Default 650'

I need as much as you can give me. The more the better!!!! I have only flown there once with a jet, landed the Phantom in about 10 ft. and bounced off the side of the runnway....into the dirt!!!(ouch, no grass yet). Kind of looked like your landing, uh I mean crash, in Waco. Just messed up the nose mount and scratched the nose cone. Ready to go again. You think the 650 ft. will be enough for the Bobcat? It's ready to fly, just waiting for a free weekend.

Later

Mike
Old 12-20-2001, 06:43 PM
DavidR

Mike,

I have been flying the Bobcat off grass, and everything else. If I can get it off in less than 300' off grass and can get it landed and stopped within the same surely you can hit 650'. Hell All I need is a set of bleachers and about 40' and I can land (sorta) a Phantom. BTW the new one is framed and most of the way puttied. I am just about ready to shoot a little primer on it. Won't be long.

David Reid
Old 12-20-2001, 06:54 PM
rc4mike

I am sure I can hit that runnway with the bobcat...no prob. I thought you bought Tom's bird almost ready to fly?? Or did you mess that one up as well?

Mike
Old 12-20-2001, 07:19 PM
A10FLYR

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidR
Hell All I need is a set of bleachers and about 40' and I can land (sorta) a Phantom.

I only need a 100 feet! But every time I land........the runway moves! ;~)
Old 12-21-2001, 01:40 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default TMS Annual Jet Fly

Ah, the birth of a new jetfly! I'm up for it, but let me get a flight on my new model first!
Old 12-21-2001, 03:20 PM
DavidR

Mike,

His idea of ARF and mine are 2 entirely different things. Besides that I have had been busy with work, and building 2 Bobcats, and some repairs on the Bandit after an out landing so I have nt had much time.

A10flyer..... that's my problem too!!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 06:39 PM
Thomas B-RCU

I have heard of a few people flying out at TMS, but always though that it was far too close to Alliance airport. In fact, the approach for the n/s runway is right over the parking lot, if I recall correctly.

Is there a way to safely fly turbine aircraft that close to Alliance?
Old 12-27-2001, 02:53 AM
Cowdog
My Feedback: (13)

Default New field is NDRCC?

Mike,

Are you talking about the new field that NDRCC just finished up?

I didn't know anyone was allowed to fly up there yet. I'm really looking forward to it but I'm a bit concerned about the noise policy I've been hearing about. Have you heard anything in particular??

I'm guessing that turbines would probably be ok but for some of us with some DF's left I'm alittle worried..

Regards

Cowdog
Old 12-27-2001, 06:18 PM
rc4mike

Cowdog,

As far as I know, the new field is not "officially" open. However, several props and jet guys have been flying for the past month. Heard some rumors of noise issues a month ago, but nothing lately. Hopoe it won't be a concern. For now we are flying as much as possible at the new field.

We should hook up and fly there when I get back from the holidays.

Mike Jensen
Old 12-27-2001, 11:56 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default new field

I think the noise issues were talked about so as not to come into the new field blowing and going and upset the neighbors. The new field is awesome.
Scott