Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Draco Delta Turbine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Draco Delta Turbine

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:18 PM
johnnyjet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draco Delta Turbine

Ok that’s it I am going to try one of these arf jets.

found it on eBay Item number:5954542867

She nothing to look at but lets see how she flies.

I will do a report when she comes in.

I represent no one nor do I have any connection with this product.

Just show and tell.

Johnny
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40866.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	224855  
Old 02-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Aero65
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Draco Delta Turbine

Hey Johnny

We just maidend one here in Hawaii. We are going to tweek the settings this weekend I will PM you my cell if you want to talk about how to set it up.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:02 PM
jetflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Notice the ebay auction had lov2fly, is this a new jet being offered through Dreamworks? Looks kinda of like the Super Reaper.

JR Gautreaux
Old 02-04-2005, 04:34 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: jetflyer

Notice the ebay auction had lov2fly, is this a new jet being offered through Dreamworks? Looks kinda of like the Super Reaper.

JR Gautreaux
Hi JR,

You are correct, I am selling these aircraft on ebay. It is not a jet that will be offered through Dreamworks however.
While the Draco is a great flying airplane, it is not quite up to the quality standards I provide in the Dreamworks product line-up. It assembles well and is a perfect trainer/grass field/beater type airplane. Great for someone looking for the ugly step child of the ARF world in a cheap package
Todd
Old 02-04-2005, 08:57 PM
jetflyer

Todd,

Thanks for the insight on the Draco. So have you personally flown this jet? Just wondering since you normally post some good information and video on the past jets you've sold. Got to also question, if you think the jet is not worth putting on your Dreamworks sight, why bother trying to sell it in the first place? If it is a great flying jet, why not offer it under Dreamworks as something "Entry level." It certainly would setup a new customer into buying one of your another jets once they feel the need to step up.

Just my opinion.

JR Gautreaux
Old 02-04-2005, 09:28 PM
johnnyjet

Hi
All I just found an on line review at.

http://www.sajets.co.za/Drago%20Kit%20Review.htm
[link]http://www.sajets.co.za/Drago%20Kit%20Review.htm[/link]

Take a look-see

Johnny
Old 02-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Mokulele
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a few pictures of the Draco that Duke was speaking of. We were looking for something that we could fly of our grass field in case we could not use our paved runway at the Kaneohe Marine Corp airfield. Still working on the control setup and should have everything keyed in this Sunday. There are a few flying in South Africa. If you are on a tight budget this Draco may be a consideration. That's a RAM 750 installed and most flying was done at 1/4 throttle. Our fuel tank also leaked so I removed it and sealed the leaking seams first with CA then finished with 3/4 oz glass cloth and 12 minute epoxy.
Larry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66106.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	225093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28376.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	225094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz66935.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	225095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl24548.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	225096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ju12952.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	225097  
Old 02-05-2005, 10:05 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: jetflyer

Todd,

Thanks for the insight on the Draco. So have you personally flown this jet? Just wondering since you normally post some good information and video on the past jets you've sold. Got to also question, if you think the jet is not worth putting on your Dreamworks sight, why bother trying to sell it in the first place? If it is a great flying jet, why not offer it under Dreamworks as something "Entry level." It certainly would setup a new customer into buying one of your another jets once they feel the need to step up.

Just my opinion.

JR Gautreaux
I am selling the kits for a friend, they are not a product I stocked. I chose not to sell them through Dreamworks for a few reasons. Mainly....While the Draco is an excellent trainer jet, the lack of instructons can be a problem for the newbie jet builder..... this would require lots of support on my end. While I am happy to provide support on anything I can, be it a product I sell or not, I just felt the Draco would be more of a headache than it was worth. I am working on something that should fill that inexpensive entry level "Void" that currently exists in the turbine market.
Todd
Old 02-05-2005, 12:35 PM
jetflyer

Todd,

Ok, selling for a friend puts everything in a different light. I just had to probe further to see what was really up. Although the looks might not appeal to everyone it seems like a good entry level jet. I know a few people that would get into turbines if the entry level jets were a little cheaper. I too am working on my Phoenix jet that I hope will be an entry level jet. There is just so much stuff to consider before offering a kit to the market. Good luck.

JR Gautreaux
Old 02-05-2005, 01:19 PM
McclureMitch
My Feedback: (3)

looks to me that the ugly step childs are the ones you see flying most and give you a great flying day
Old 02-05-2005, 08:07 PM
johnnyjet

Hi jetflyer

What brake system are you using on yours?

Even though the Draco variation uses wing mounted landing gear.
I want to put yours on to keep it simple in transport

Thanks
Johnny
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2005, 10:14 PM
jetflyer

Johnny,

I believe they are Trim wheels and brakes. I purchased them used off RCU's market place some time ago. They came with a second set of brand new tires that were packaged from Trim. So I assume the brakes are from Trim too. I must say that I've been very happy with the brakes, no problems and they worked everytime. I was using a set of Uni-Brakes in my Byron F-16 and I did not like them as much. I do sell the landing gear pictured above for $35.00. PM me and we can work out the details.

Mitchell,

There is nothing cooler then seeing a good looking jet fly, but in the end everyone is just looking for some air time. At my local field, I get just as much attention with my Reaper as my buddy does with his Facet or Euro Sport. I think the sound is what delivers in the end. Now going to a jet meet is a whole different story. The nicer looking jets always get more attention. But for the pilot, air time is air time no matter what the airframe might look like.

JR Gautreaux