Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My Boomerang kit arrived

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My Boomerang kit arrived

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 08:25 PM
garrett_mcdonal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Boomerang kit arrived

Hi Guys,

My Boomerang kit arrived yesterday in a rather large box. I opened it up and the box is absolutely full to the brim.

I spent last night going over the plans, instructions and kit contents. The quality of the wood cutting is extremely good, as are the plans, instructions and photos. By the looks of it, this thing will fall together in no time in spite of the fact that there is half a balsa plantation in that box.

I have to add that although I was expecting it to be a big model, when you look at the plans and parts in the flesh, you come to realise that this thing is HUGE.

Garrett
Old 09-19-2002, 09:10 PM
Ken F.

Default Boomerang!

Garrett,

I was also impressed with the Boomerang kit and the quality of the contents. You are correct the kit is easy to assemble, although I elected to glass and paint mine, thus adding a great deal of time to the construction.

I have 16 flights on the plane now and I'm getting use to flying it. Last week I added a TME smoke system to the plane and it sure adds another dimension to the looks in flight. You will be pleased by the way it flys, loops, snaps, spins and slow rolls look very gracefull with a large jet.

If you have any questions about construction or set-up please send me an email.

Regards,

Ken...............
Old 09-19-2002, 10:44 PM
garrett_mcdonal

Hi Ken,

I'm definitely going with film covering and fixed gear for weight and simplicity. I want to have it ready for a jet meet in mid-November.

After looking at the quality of the kit components and the plans/instructions, I don't think I'll have any problems getting it done by then. If anything, covering it will take as long as building it. I want to give it a fairly involved "pattern" style covering scheme if I have enough time.

Regards,
Garrett
Old 09-20-2002, 04:50 AM
bradders

HI GUYS,
I HAVE SEEN THIS MODEL FLY ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS AND IT HAS A TRULY AMAZING FLIGHT ENVELOPE!,EVEN TO THE POINT OF SHUTTING THE TURBINE DOWN THEN RE STARTING AGAIN IN FLIGHT AFTER A GOOD GLIDE
GOOD LUCK
BRAD
Old 12-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, I am considering building a Boomerang this winter. Those of you that have one, I need to decide to glass or Monokote the wings. Let's here who thinks I should do which and why. I will be flying it with a TJT 3000 (28 lbs) and at full throttle a lot. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

PS. how long does it take to get one here in the USA? Does Alan ship immediately or is there a waiting list or what? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:21 PM
rcjetflyr
My Feedback: (10)

Default Boomerang

woketman

When I got mine I overnited a M/O to a family member of Alan's here in the states and when they recieved it they e-mailed him they had it, and it seemed I had the kit within a week. When I got mine there was no waiting list, but don't know now since it is more widely know about now. As for the film or glass wings, well I used Monocote on mine, and I have a P-120 on it and I'm not at full throttle all the time but all verticals and alot of passes are. Mine with fixed gear is not to fast even at full throttle, maybe 120ish. I think the wing is pretty stout without the need to glass it. I see no problems with mine so far.

Jack K.