Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New to Jets - information sources???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New to Jets - information sources???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2002, 10:44 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Jets - information sources???

Ok, I bit the bullet. After flying large aerobatic planes for quite some time now, I have to scratch the jet itch. David Shluman gave me some stick time on BobCat XL with a JetCat120. In two flights, I was able to take off and land fairly sucessfully. I think that is what started the itch in the first place.

Then along came a good friend that knew of a BobCat XL kit available, with quality workmanship already invested in the wings. Its partially built, with the wings done and glassed. I have offers from people to assist me where needed on this kit, but am also looking for on-line sources for jet info. Basically, I am a sponge at this point, and will ready and soak up anything I can get my hands on.

The BobCat Xl will end up with the JetCat 120, unless something better comes along. Any and all ideas or suggestions will be welcome.

My background is mainly 30% to 42% giant aerobatic planes, some pattern (non competitive). I was quite comfortable with the BobCat XL I flew even at speed. Mostly I flew some lazy turnarounds and typical pattern, but did do some vertical stuff with a spin or to thrown.

So, where are the liquid spills that this sponge can start soaking up? :drowning:

Web sites, links, manufactuers, magazines, etc

Thanks for you time in advance,
Old 09-21-2002, 11:27 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi

You sound just like me about four years ago. This database has most of the links you are looking for.

http://www.jetpilots.org/jpolinks.htm

Good luck
Old 09-22-2002, 12:07 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

There is a good Bobcat building review on my site along with a ton of usefull jet related links, should help get you started....

Todd

www.lov2flyrc.com
Old 09-22-2002, 04:18 AM
JET FX

sfaust- hope you find our website educational!
http://www.TJT.bz