Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New to Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New to Jets

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 02:07 PM
mss28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Jets

Can all you guys give me information on your first jet experience. No one around here where I live has a Jet. I would be the first one.

What do the Ducted Fan Jets sound like?
I was experienced enought to fly a fast airplane with a tuned pipe with a OS .61 engine. Do these jets compare to this? I certainly don't want to get into this and crash my first jet.

I'm thinking about buying the F15 jet for my first.

So tell me your fist experience with one and what type of jet you purchased. I can't wait to do this on my own!

Thanks

Marty
Old 12-28-2001, 02:13 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Default New to Jets

Marty,

I don't know how close you are to Winimac, IN but there are quite a few people at the Winimac field that fly Jets and can help you get started on the right foot. They have a website but I don't know the link.

Good Luck
David Reid
Old 12-28-2001, 02:18 PM
mss28

Default New to Jets

Originally posted by DavidR
Marty,

I don't know how close you are to Winimac, IN but there are quite a few people at the Winimac field that fly Jets and can help you get started on the right foot. They have a website but I don't know the link.

Good Luck
David Reid

Thanks David, I will need to check that out sometime. It's only 3 hours away next to Indy.

Marty
Old 12-28-2001, 03:29 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New to Jets

They sound is like a hopped up vacuum cleaner.

When I got my ducted fan I have never flown anything faster than a sport plane, the speed is not hard to handle in my opinion, its the landings that are pretty different, you need to learn how to slow it down better because they come in faster if you dont know what your doing.
What kind of fast plane did you fly? how many flights?
I have heard that the TopGunAircraft f15 is a good ducted fan.
TGAjets
There are some others out there too.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:44 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Default New to Jets

Marty

I live in Ft Wayne In, and belong to the Winnamac club. I also fly at AMA in Muncie In. You can call me at 219-461-4352 (M-F 8a.m - 5 P.M.) or e-mail you number to me off line, and I will call you.