Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
ReaperGrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JetJoe OWNERS thread

ORIGINAL: Gaspar

I forget to comment that the JJ pumps are copied from hausl pumps and that the latest solenoid valves (these yellow/brass ones that fail after few weeks of use) are a copy of the Parker Pneutronics ones.

Gaspar

The Copyright of your avatar that you are using without permission is possessed by Warner Brothers Company.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ReaperGrim

The Copyright of your avatar that you are using without permission is possessed by Warner Brothers Company.
i'm sure you've consulted with WB about this right?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

I know each $ counts, so here is a proven alternative to the JJ1800 to consider by Behotec, I have had three Behotecs 66s and the quality is first class German engineering. If you decide on this one you will have the assurance of ten years of production. For a few hundred dollars more you are purchasing a quality turbine kit, that has featured in the GTBA efficiency trials and been reviewd by leading and impartial turbine testers.

http://www.altecare.com/behotecturbinescdn.htm

Paul
Old 02-07-2008, 12:05 PM
monkeyking

Hello
Somebody knows what material is used to make the NGV for the JJ1400? Stainless Steel? Inconel?

Thanks,
Mauro.-
Old 02-07-2008, 01:29 PM
TREADSTONE

ORIGINAL: ReaperGrim

.....The Copyright of your avatar that you are using without permission is possessed by Warner Brothers Company.
...You are probabally more up to speed on cartoons than Gaspar....Tell you what.....you advise us on cartoons and Gaspar will advise on Turbines, ECU's & Pumps etc..
Old 02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought it was kinda cute....Gaspar blasts Jetjoe for copying something without permission and then he (supposedly) turns around and does the same thing (ableit on a lesser level).

I guess its in how you look at things...
Old 02-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: wildnloose

I thought it was kinda cute....Gaspar blasts Jetjoe for copying something without permission and then he (supposedly) turns around and does the same thing (ableit on a lesser level).

I guess its in how you look at things...
Please let me to correct you, its not how you look at things, it is about how the things are. If you dig a bit more on my posts on this thread you will learn that my point is not who copies who, nor I'm "blasting" JJ. My point is only that JJ and his dealers are making money (PROFIT) by SELLING poor copies of other manufacturers products and taking profit from some unfortunate guys with more illusion than money in the pocket. I don't have any problem with people that copy something for his own use, but as soon as the stolen intellectual property is sold to third people and this produce a PROFIT to the seller, this is nothing more than a sale of stolen property.

Luke, (ReaperGrim), I admit that I was USING a image property of WB. I'm guilty of this. But don't compare me with JJ, I was NOT SELLING nor having ANY PROFIT on the use of this image. BTW, I'm sure that you know that the design of the planes for wich you are SELLING parts is property of Grumman, Lokeed, North American...?

Gaspar
Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
rorrock

ORIGINAL: Gaspar

Please let me to correct you, its not how you look at things, it is about how the things are. If you dig a bit more on my posts on this thread you will learn that my point is not who copies who, nor I'm "blasting" JJ. My point is only that JJ and his dealers are making money (PROFIT) by SELLING poor copies of other manufacturers products and taking profit from some unfortunate guys with more illusion than money in the pocket. I don't have any problem with people that copy something for his own use, but as soon as the stolen intellectual property is sold to third people and this produce a PROFIT to the seller, this is nothing more than a sale of stolen property.

Luke, (ReaperGrim), I admit that I was USING a image property of WB. I'm guilty of this. But don't compare me with JJ, I was NOT SELLING nor having ANY PROFIT on the use of this image. BTW, Have you a license from Grumman for the use of the design of the F6F Hellcat of wich you are SELLING parts?

Gaspar
Gaspar,
Does this mean you will not sell any turbines that have been built after being based on the orignal designs such as the KJ66, etc.. Particularly those who cant prove they have provided the original designers with compensation for using their base design and making a massive profit from it.

Rob
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Calm down Gaspar, no need to get your panties in a wad....just having a little fun at your expense...
Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 AM
rcdriver22

ORIGINAL: monkeyking

Hello
Somebody knows what material is used to make the NGV for the JJ1400? Stainless Steel? Inconel?

Thanks,
Mauro.-
Inconel 713 or 718
Old 02-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Jgwright

I doubt very much if it is Inconel.

John
Old 02-08-2008, 06:32 AM
rorrock

John,
What makes you so sure of that, have you done a metalurgic examnication of the NGV.
Or are you just jumping on the bash the lowest price bandwagon?

Rob
Old 02-08-2008, 06:54 AM
rcdriver22

Gaspar,
Does this mean you will not sell any turbines that have been built after being based on the orignal designs such as the KJ66, etc.. Particularly those who cant prove they have provided the original designers with compensation for using their base design and making a massive profit from it.

Rob

No home builder or manufacturer today would ever build to Kurt's and Jesus original drawings. Hundreds of GTBA members have collectively worked together to improve and made hundreds of engineering changes. Thousands of books by Kurt and Thomas have been bought and read on turbine theory.

With Jetjoe and Wren there is a huge difference. Two GTBA members produced a unique design for their new MW54 turbine and formed Wren. Now Joe just plagered, stole, copied his Wren engine. He brought nothing but defects and faults to his initial copies he then sold. Thats the facts. We are seeing continuing defects in long term operation of Jetjoe turbines if the NGV above is an example.

I together with thousands of turbine users worldwide operate our turbines on a daily basis using Gasper's ECUs and FADECs. Thanks Gasper for a great product (he both developed and supports).

Paul
Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Jgwright

Rob

I am just stating what is almost certainly the case. Inconel is difficult to cast, very expensive to machine and is not that easy to obtain. If the engine is running correctly then the temperatures should not require the use of Inconel.

The photos of the JJ NGV's that have been distorted by excessive heat when the engine has not been running correctly would confirm it, Inconel would not deform in the same way.

John
Old 02-08-2008, 07:51 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rorrock & friends

I bought a Merlin 160 from the UK rep and for various reasons did not run it for a over a year. After a couple of flights on the Merlin I had a problem which turned out to be a leaking fuel manifold. I returned the Merlin to the UK rep who repaired it free of charge and even paid the return postage. Gaspar e-mailed me to make sure it was now running ok and offered to replace it with a new turbine if I had any further problems. That is the kind of service which ensures repeat business. Try that with Jet Joe.

Take Treadstone's advice and stick to the cartoons.

John
Old 02-08-2008, 08:16 AM
monkeyking

Old 02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Spartan Missile

See Trip Fisk's video: "A Cautionary Tale of Swords"

Every time he says "swords", shout out JETJOE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB6s8p9kVbI
Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
rcdriver22

ORIGINAL: monkeyking

Hey All!!!
For those who say that the JJ doesn´t work...here you have a fly by of my Stingray jet with a JJ 1400... more than 200 mph
monkeyking

Can you confirm that you bought these two JetJoes 1400 from Fernando the Chilean JJ rep. That these were his own turbines and as of today neither JJ runs or functions.

Paul
Old 02-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, this thread seems to go on forever with JJ groupies & JJ bashers. I drop in occasionally to see what's happening only because a friend had a JLT (Jet Joe), was not happy with it & I'm curious if these things are getting better. FWIW I own another brand turbines.

I suppose the bottom line is this:

Are you happy you spent $1200 (or whatever you paid) for the performance & support you recieved for your Jet Joe & think you got your money's worth?

Are you happy you spent $3000 (or whatever you paid) for the performance & support you recieved for your (insert turbine brand here) & think you got your money's worth?

I thought the this thread was for the OWNERS to pool their ideas & sort out the problems. Not for owners of other brands to chime in & tell Jet Joe owners their engines are garbage.

If Jet Joes ARE garbage the owners will be the first to know. - John.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:19 PM
TREADSTONE

How many times and for how many posts will this JetJoe debacle go on? New Names apearing ....Then again the same intelegent, experienced guys offfering advice that just falls on deaf ears.

The blind then lead the blind down the same old weary road to nowhere.

Jetjoe is a true testament to mediocrity and ignorance.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:04 PM
dw_crash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on guys,

Treadstone and Boomerang1 has a point. This thread has wonder off topic may times. It was to pass on info on how to make what you had work or better. As they point out, it has become a endless line of bashing and complaining without providing any real info.

Look, I think we all get it. Some 'experts' don't like JetJoes. Others, like myself, found yes they are not perfect, but they are useable. I have 3 vendors turbines. None are perfect, none are complete junk. They are what they are. And, I have what I paid for. It's like a Ford/Chevy debate. pointless. I know that there are good and less than perfect products coming from the same vendors. It isn't only JetJoe. Although, they have a higher variability. And, I know, I can take one of the engines the 'experts' say is the best and make it run like junk, or break it, just by fooling with the control parameters in the ECU. So, there is an element of the persons own experience and knowledge coming into play.

So, maybe, let's get back to the point of passing on user information to users. And those that don't like JetJoes can go read a WREN, Jet Cat or PST thread......

DW_Crash
Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

This thread off topic ?? Come on, its almost never on topic. The mods keep deleting posts but the trolling, bashing, and indirect insults never stops. Its a thread for JetJoe Owners and not for guys trying to save Wren from extinction. Its full of totally unsubstantiated comments regarding turbine knowledge, machining tolerances, and materials quality. From a bunch of guys who neither own a JetJoe or could possibly have first hand knowledge of the turbine.
What makes you think these motors cost less than a Wren to build or are built of inferior materials. How do you know what Jetjoe's costs really are. How do you know a substantial portion of this cost is not subsidized by the Chinese government. .
Here's some things you can count on.
1. China will be the next Superpower.
2. JetJoe will continue to grab market share.
3. You guys will continue to bash JetJoe
4. Which will keep this thread bumped to the top of the jet forum .
5. Which just helps JJ sell more turbines.

The JetJoe OWNERS Thread.
1522 Posts, 101773 Hits and the 6th most popular thread on RCU's Jet Forum
We owe it all to you..

Tp
Happy JJ1400 owner sn# 04142.
C ya @ the field....
Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 PM
monkeyking

Hi Paul
Yes, I bought the turbines from Fernando, he is my friend...he assembled them with new CC, new bearings and one with new NGV and then he sold them to me.

OTH...I agree with dw_crash....please, try to use this thread to help the JetJoe´s users and open another one to criticize the brand....If somebody bought a JetJoe the only thing he wants to see is his turbine working....not if it is a junk or not
Old 02-09-2008, 12:39 AM
MattyC-130
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Tom in Cincy

This thread off topic ?? Come on, its almost never on topic. The mods keep deleting posts but the trolling, bashing, and indirect insults never stops. Its a thread for JetJoe Owners and not for guys trying to save Wren from extinction. Its full of totally unsubstantiated comments regarding turbine knowledge, machining tolerances, and materials quality. From a bunch of guys who neither own a JetJoe or could possibly have first hand knowledge of the turbine.
What makes you think these motors cost less than a Wren to build or are built of inferior materials. How do you know what Jetjoe's costs really are. How do you know a substantial portion of this cost is not subsidized by the Chinese government. .
Here's some things you can count on.
1. China will be the next Superpower.
2. JetJoe will continue to grab market share.
3. You guys will continue to bash JetJoe
4. Which will keep this thread bumped to the top of the jet forum .
5. Which just helps JJ sell more turbines.

The JetJoe OWNERS Thread.
1522 Posts, 101773 Hits and the 6th most popular thread on RCU's Jet Forum
We owe it all to you..

Tp
Happy JJ1400 owner sn# 04142.
C ya @ the field....
Tom in Cincy
I agree with you 100%, all those Jet Joe basher, Wren, Jet Cat premodonas are just jealous that our Jet Joes run just as good as theirs for less than 1/2 the price.
Happy owner of 2 JJ1400s
Matty
Old 02-09-2008, 03:09 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Tom in Cincy,
Are you going to any jet rallies this summer? I would like to see a JJ up close and flying.

I really think JJ should do better with the larger size 1800 as the larger engines are less critical of close tolerances. Plus there don't seem to be as many Simjet fans on here as there are Wren fans. I want to hear more about the 1800.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.