Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetJoe OWNERS thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:38 AM
BJ64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JetJoe OWNERS thread

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

I agree I have had loads of help there, anyone who has any interest at all in doing anything with a turbine rather than just hitting the start button should join it is a must.
So you reckon it's worth the 50-odd bucks for the first year XAir?

And, can you remember if they accept PayPal?

BJ
Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 AM
erazz

Well, in case you don't know I'm the GTBA's site admin.
We do, in fact, accept PayPal. Actually we do not accept anything but PP.

For your $45AUS you also get a CD with all the back issues of the GTBA. Again, if you're interested in building there's no better place to learn.
For your money you get a forum that has tons of information, access to very professional people and no BS.

And no, we will not ban you for liking JJ
Old 08-12-2010, 11:47 AM
KJ-66
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Xairflyer

Thankyou for your input and the link to the balancing. I`ll take a look at that for sure. Apparently,the JetJoe balancer just detects the vibration and I assume that the LED comes on,when there is an imbalance?

Regards

Craig
Old 08-12-2010, 11:54 AM
BJ64

ORIGINAL: erazz

For your $45AUS you also get a CD with all the back issues of the GTBA. Again, if you're interested in building there's no better place to learn.
For your money you get a forum that has tons of information, access to very professional people and no BS.

Oh...Jaysuz....

You're the Site Admin in there? Crap... I'll get my @rse kicked as soon as I open my big gob in there then LoL. Just kidding.

We've had a few heated discussions in here over JJ's in the past - I would hope that GTBA is a Turbine's enthusiasts site where Turbine owners and aspirants can discuss their hobby without pride nor prejudice regarding their choice of engine - be it financially or otherwise influenced.

As you know, I'm hooked on Turbines. Since childhood actually. And it would be great to get in touch with like-minded people and see what's happening out there in Turbine-world. I will look into obtaining a 'membership' there - only I hope it doesn't turn into a beatch-fest there like it has here at times - just because I own a couple of JetJoe's...

BJ
Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
KJ-66

Hi Xairflyer

I just had a look at the compressor wheel on my JJ1800 and it had an area,where a slot drill or end-mill had machined some material away. So this must have been the heavy side of the wheel? I proved this,by putting the compressor wheel onto the Robart prop balancer and it rotated to the "machined" side. So they could have removed more material from there. I`ll still make a shaft tunnel and use the rocking method,to see what the balance is like.

Regards

Craig
Old 08-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Xairflyer

Yes it is probably from the compressor wheel manufacturer as I have two new compressors here that fit my wren that have a milling on the back for balance
Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Felix Barrao

ORIGINAL: BJ64

Oh...Jaysuz....

You're the Site Admin in there? Crap... I'll get my @rse kicked as soon as I open my big gob in there then LoL. Just kidding.

We've had a few heated discussions in here over JJ's in the past - I would hope that GTBA is a Turbine's enthusiasts site where Turbine owners and aspirants can discuss their hobby without pride nor prejudice regarding their choice of engine - be it financially or otherwise influenced.

As you know, I'm hooked on Turbines. Since childhood actually. And it would be great to get in touch with like-minded people and see what's happening out there in Turbine-world. I will look into obtaining a 'membership' there - only I hope it doesn't turn into a beatch-fest there like it has here at times - just because I own a couple of JetJoe's...

BJ
BJ, I´m a GTBA member some years ago, if you are, ( and you really are) a turbine entushiast, I recomend to you. This is the best money you can pay !!

Regards.
Félix
Old 08-13-2010, 03:00 AM
BJ64

ORIGINAL: Felix Barrao

Oh...Jaysuz....

BJ
BJ, I´m a GTBA member some years ago, if you are, ( and you really are) a turbine entushiast, I recomend to you. This is the best money you can pay !!

Regards.
Félix
Yep - I'm about to join when I get home tonight (I want to use my home email for authorisation etc.)

BJ)
Old 08-15-2010, 01:59 PM
KJ-66

Hi Guys

Just an update on the combustion chamber. Today,I finished drawing the outer and inner wrappers for the combustion chamber and cut the stainless steel sheet to size. Tomorrow,I`ll mark the hole locations on the sheet and start drilling them out.

Regards

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87445.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1484357  
Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 AM
BJ64

Still using my work-bench, I see

BJ
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
BJ64

ORIGINAL: Felix Barrao

Oh...Jaysuz....

BJ

Regards.
Félix

Well....I bit the bullet and joined.

For my 50 bucks so far, I've started 2 threads - and neither has had a response for nearly 10 days now.

I gather it's not a very active site then?

BJ
Old 08-25-2010, 05:22 PM
DaveJohansen
My Feedback: (8)

Anybody know where to get an FOD screen for a 1400. I ordered one that Dreamworks sells but doesn't quite fit. Start motor doesn't fit through.

Dave
Old 08-26-2010, 02:54 AM
rcdriver22

So you want a solution for a few $$ of membership of the GTBA,

Why not build a few 20-30 examples yourself in your own time maybe a 6-9 months
till you are close

You bring nothing but miss everything that Kurt J and Mike + Gasper developed

Then you may give it all FOC to JJ

You fexless I had 4 JJ turbines that were so crap in running

I had to fix them to save U on the day to run and then advise national

JJ reps to help them run theirs.

Paul
Old 08-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Xairflyer

ORIGINAL: DaveJohansen

Anybody know where to get an FOD screen for a 1400. I ordered one that Dreamworks sells but doesn't quite fit. Start motor doesn't fit through.

Dave
Jetjoe
Old 08-26-2010, 05:31 AM
BJ64

ORIGINAL: rcdriver22

So you want a solution for a few $$ of membership of the GTBA,

Why not build a few 20-30 examples yourself in your own time maybe a 6-9 months
till you are close

You bring nothing but miss everything that Kurt J and Mike + Gasper developed

Then you may give it all FOC to JJ

You fexless I had 4 JJ turbines that were so crap in running

I had to fix them to save U on the day to run and then advise national

JJ reps to help them run theirs.

Paul

What the hell are you raving on about, man?

BJ
Old 08-26-2010, 05:56 AM
BJ64

Dave
Jetjoe

Or....

If you really get stuck, and you are a bit of a 'handy-man', you can make your own using a sieve from a 2-dollar shop as a basis. I happened to see some of those cone-shaped Oriental sieves in various sizes today, and I immediately thought "Hmmm... might work as an FOD replacement". Sure, you'd have to cut and silver-solder etc, but I saw one that would fit a JJ-3000 with very little mods needed.

Just a thought,

BJ
Old 08-26-2010, 07:05 AM
DaveJohansen

Dave
Jetjoe
Emailed Jetjoe USA a couple of times with no response.

Dave
Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 AM
BJ64

Dave
Jetjoe
Emailed Jetjoe USA a couple of times with no response.

Dave
I'm not from over your way, so I don't know where or who the good Reps are.

But I do seem to recall people on here talking about 'Gabe' from somewhere in the US. Apparently a ripper bloke - really helpful.

Perhaps some of the readers in here can put you in touch with him?

BJ
Old 08-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Xairflyer

Try Jetjoe direct in china, I have dealt with them on a number of occasions for parts
Old 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
BJ64

Try Jetjoe direct in china, I have dealt with them on a number of occasions for parts
Joe can be a bit tardy replying to emails - but you do eventually get an answer.

I'm still trying to remember where I saw the reference to 'Gabe' from the US...

BJ
Old 08-27-2010, 08:01 PM
BJ64

Ah!

Here it is:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...tm.htm#5973218

And the addy posted there was http://www.jetjoeus.com/

That was back in 2007, but it still might be worth a try, Dave.

BJ
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 PM
DaveJohansen

Thanks BJ

Gabe has never answered any emails from me but jetjoe listed another fella as a US rep. Mark answered right away and has a screen for me, however he will not be a Jetjoe dealer after the end of the month. He is moving on to Kingtech.

Dave
Old 08-27-2010, 08:41 PM
BJ64

Thanks BJ

Gabe has never answered any emails from me but jetjoe listed another fella as a US rep. Mark answered right away and has a screen for me, however he will not be a Jetjoe dealer after the end of the month. He is moving on to Kingtech.

Dave
Oh kewl - glad you got it sorted.

Now that you mention it, 'Mark' was the other name I recall now. But he's moving out of JJ products? Hmmm... let's hope you still have a couple of decent Reps to go to then.

BJ
Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 PM
KJ-66

Hi Guys

Ive just drilled and punched the holes in the inner wrapper and the two round pieces of steel,are the mandrels for the wrappers. The wrappers will we wrapped around them and then tig welded along the seam. This will alow them to be in a cylindrical shape. The holes in the outer wrapper,will be punched to size after the seam has been welded together. The holes can`t be punched before the plate is rolled around the mandrel.

Regards

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83970.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1492032  
Old 08-30-2010, 07:07 AM
BJ64

Hi craig,

How come you have to stamp the holes in the outter wrapper after the seam has been welded together?

Isn't that going to make the hole punching rather difficult?

BJ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.