Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

SM F5

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 08:16 AM
TED ANTON
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SM F5

Hey Guy's

Just recieved the Sky Master F5, it took me longer to get it out of the box than to put it together.
In less than 5 min. you have a fully assembled F 5. In general the kit is awsome, a few minor problems ie : a few glue joints need to be addressed,looking down the fuse from the outside you can see where the formers are installed,the glass skin bulges a little. the gear doors need some work( My kit was missing a retract mount)
On the plus side all the formers , intakes even the servo and equipment trays are installed and fuel proofed even the hatch latches are installed. flying surfaces need minimal wook to finish. .In general the kit looks great.
You can definately have this thing reday to go in a week with a few hours a night.

Keep you posted

Ted
Old 05-29-2005, 12:13 PM
747drvr
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: SM F5

Cool Ted . You gonna have it done for Quinte ?

Marc
Old 05-29-2005, 09:29 PM
john330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ted,
I sent you a PM.I hope you got it.I lost your email when my computer crashed so send me an email again.My friend here in Hong Kong just got his F-5 as well and it's really cool.The factory is close to where I live(just across the border).Anyway email me,See ya,John
Old 05-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would be cool to see it at Quinte Ted!
Myles
Old 05-31-2005, 08:27 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Ted,
What do you mean "Missing a Retract Mount"??
Old 05-31-2005, 06:55 PM
TED ANTON

I should of said one of the flex plates, it's really two 1/4" ply rails renforced with carbon plate that the retract mounts to. It's not a big deal to make up a set.

I should also mention I orderd the plane through Great Northern Models, Ed is a great guy to deal with.

Thanks

Ted
Old 05-31-2005, 08:33 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Ted,
I am still a bit confused as to what was actually missing? I ask, as a Skymaster Dealer, because I am trying to keep track of any issues we are having with the Skymaster product. Be it defects, QC issues or just missing items. This will help us improve the kits for everyone. There are no flex plates in this aircraft, the wing has 1/4" rails which are capped with carbon plate. Do you mean the carbon reinforcement plate was not installed?
Thanks,
Todd
Old 05-31-2005, 09:50 PM
TED ANTON

Hi Todd

Yes the carbon renforced 1/4" plywood rails on one wing are missing. (left wing )

Thanks
Ted
Old 06-01-2005, 08:10 AM
AirPac Models

Ted,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Ed from Great Northern has already contacted me regarding your problem. He will be contacting you so that you can meet, and help you out with your issue. We’ll take care of it as soon as possible. If you need anything else, please let us know.