Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Can I get a WITNESS???

Quit it Les!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TA332FW

Quit it Les!

Newton\'s Law states \"what goes up, must come down\"... not always in one piece though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bryce you crack me up!!!! Who are you kidding??? You pretend that you are this great and wonderful guy and you tell everyone at KY Jets that YOUR Grandpa flew Red Tail P-51 Mustangs. Now DONT lie to me and tell me that this isnt true because thats what YOU told us. (I HAVE WITNESSES THAT WILL VOUCH) I dont make this crap up. My Dad was in the Marines for 5 years and was Co-Captain of the football team. Big freakin deal. WHO CARES!!!! I dont go posting that nonsense on RCU and make something more than what it is. Lets get real here Dude!!! You wanna post something about a jet you crashed years ago..............Great. Nothin new here. But dont fool us anymore into telling us something about you Grandpa that just isnt true. I personally met your Grandpa and he seemed like a very nice guy but you sure seems to twist things. Why is that???? You try to play off like this great Mac Daddy and wonderful guy that you are not................... How do I know this? You needed to pick up your little girlfriend at some airport 50-100 miles down the road from Ky Jets '07 and I offered to loan you my new brand new truck. You accepted and returned it back to me in the morning with less fuel than I loaned it out to you and you NEVER even thanked me for it. What kind of person does that??????? The following day you came up to me and asked me to spot you with your SkyMaster F-16 and I did. Well....................while you were flying I was reading off your time on the minute as I do anyone else and letting you know of your surroundings and you told me, "Dont talk to me while Im flying because I cant concentrate" Well................after that I told myself I would never help you again in anyway. What makes you better than everyone else????? Now I see you on RCU trying to make something look like what it isnt. I think we have all heard enough here........................................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Amen to that Frosty!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME F-14!!! Not much gets better than that...good job and good luck!
    -Matt-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

Bryce you crack me up!!!! Who are you kidding??? You pretend that you are this great and wonderful guy and you tell everyone at KY Jets that YOUR Grandpa flew Red Tail P-51 Mustangs. Now DONT lie to me and tell me that this isnt true because thats what YOU told us. (I HAVE WITNESSES THAT WILL VOUCH) I dont make this crap up. My Dad was in the Marines for 5 years and was Co-Captain of the football team. Big freakin deal. WHO CARES!!!! I dont go posting that nonsense on RCU and make something more than what it is. Lets get real here Dude!!! You wanna post something about a jet you crashed years ago..............Great. Nothin new here. But dont fool us anymore into telling us something about you Grandpa that just isnt true. I personally met your Grandpa and he seemed like a very nice guy but you sure seems to twist things. Why is that???? You try to play off like this great Mac Daddy and wonderful guy that you are not................... How do I know this? You needed to pick up your little girlfriend at some airport 50-100 miles down the road from Ky Jets '07 and I offered to loan you my new brand new truck. You accepted and returned it back to me in the morning with less fuel than I loaned it out to you and you NEVER even thanked me for it. What kind of person does that??????? The following day you came up to me and asked me to spot you with your SkyMaster F-16 and I did. Well....................while you were flying I was reading off your time on the minute as I do anyone else and letting you know of your surroundings and you told me, "Dont talk to me while Im flying because I cant concentrate" Well................after that I told myself I would never help you again in anyway. What makes you better than everyone else????? Now I see you on RCU trying to make something look like what it isnt. I think we have all heard enough here........................................

Pat Frost? WOW First, just about everything you have posted above is true, but there is a lot missing, why?

Any and everything I have ever told you is true especially being that you were someone I really felt like I could trust, if you had any questions about anything involving my grandfather why didn't you just ask him when you were there? I had nothing to hide.

Yes you did let me borrow your brand new truck to pick up the little lady at the airport and I was very thankful, however, by the time we got back to the field it was late and the only gas station down the street that had diesel (It was diesel right?) was closed. So I actually kept your keys that night and first thing in the morning I went back over to where I had parked you truck right next to your camper and started it up (I remember someone in your camper moving the curtains real quick.) And I drove back down to the gas station AND FILLED IT UP! I'd have to go back or call my bank to see if I have a record of it. (I may have paid cash, can't remember) but it was like 40 somethin bucks. Maybe you never looked at the gauge and I can't remember if I gave you the keys directly or left them in the ignition (can't remember if you told me that or I gave them to your wife, can't remember. But it was really busy that morning being a Sunday I don't remember if I ever told you Thank You, but I was almost positive I did. If not, THANK YOU PAT FROST, I really appreciated you doing that for me and I never forgot it, just like I never forgot when Sean lent J and I his brand new truck once.

I do remember making the comment to you of "Hold on this thing is really heavy, it's a handful, I'm trying to concentrate." (can't remember if I said anything else, because I really did have my hands full and at first I didn't even realize it was you saying that and when it registered in my head I immediately walked back, I believe you had your hand on my shoulder to guide me if I remember right.) That was when you asked me to step back behind the hay bails after I just barely took off with the F-16 and all the tanks and armament loaded for the first time. I felt bad about speaking to you that way and I believe I came back to you afterwards and apologized and said " I know you were just doing your job out here." You don't remember that? Either way Sorry again, for coming off like that.

There's no way I would have said things the way you have just stated Pat, its just not me and this almost seems like its not you behind the way this is being told.

Nonetheless, back from picking up the little lady, off for the evening.

Goodnight all.

Bryce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zw69586.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	1224358  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am posting this for my friend Nightwalker.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Patrick Frost

Pat Frost? WOW First, just about everything you have posted above is true, but there is a lot missing, why?

Any and everything I have ever told you is true especially being that you were someone I really felt like I could trust, if you had any questions about anything involving my grandfather why didn't you just ask him when you were there? I had nothing to hide.

Yes you did let me borrow your brand new truck to pick up the little lady at the airport and I was very thankful, however, by the time we got back to the field it was late and the only gas station down the street that had diesel (It was diesel right?) was closed. So I actually kept your keys that night and first thing in the morning I went back over to where I had parked you truck right next to your camper and started it up (I remember someone in your camper moving the curtains real quick.) And I drove back down to the gas station AND FILLED IT UP! I'd have to go back or call my bank to see if I have a record of it. (I may have paid cash, can't remember) but it was like 40 somethin bucks. Maybe you never looked at the gauge and I can't remember if I gave you the keys directly or left them in the ignition (can't remember if you told me that or I gave them to your wife, can't remember. But it was really busy that morning being a Sunday I don't remember if I ever told you Thank You, but I was almost positive I did. If not, THANK YOU PAT FROST, I really appreciated you doing that for me and I never forgot it, just like I never forgot when Sean lent J and I his brand new truck once.

I do remember making the comment to you of "Hold on this thing is really heavy, it's a handful, I'm trying to concentrate." (can't remember if I said anything else, because I really did have my hands full and at first I didn't even realize it was you saying that and when it registered in my head I immediately walked back, I believe you had your hand on my shoulder to guide me if I remember right.) That was when you asked me to step back behind the hay bails after I just barely took off with the F-16 and all the tanks and armament loaded for the first time. I felt bad about speaking to you that way and I believe I came back to you afterwards and apologized and said " I know you were just doing your job out here." You don't remember that? Either way Sorry again, for coming off like that.

There's no way I would have said things the way you have just stated Pat, its just not me and this almost seems like its not you behind the way this is being told.

Nonetheless, back from picking up the little lady, off for the evening.

Goodnight all.

Bryce

Name:	Hf99625.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	1224369  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bryce, that is so nice of your friend Mr. Gladiator the one post wonder to post for you. He even remembered to post in blue :-)

I will tell you why nobody asked your grandfather if he really was a WW2 fighter pilot........ Because you told us so. If someone is honored at a banquet on your request, you take it for granted that it is the truth. After all, who would lie about something like that and take it so far?

Well, we know the question to that now, and it is just sad that someone would take the credit for the real heroes of the Tuskegee pilots who fought and died in combat, being honored as a pilot while he newer flew anything. No wonder Patrick and several others are left with feeling a little scammed by you.

By the way. My grandmother won the Georgia State Pie baking contest in 1952. It's a big deal for her, but when it comes to RCU, it is about as relevant as your baby pictures or pictures of your Grandfather playing baseball.

So, if I may please make a request for you Bryce, that I know is shared by many. Please spare us the family album, the lies and the pretend "holier than thou" attitude

Peace

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MathewFoxx

Peace

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Back in '71 my Dad was in Vietnam and flew an F-4E Phantom. He use to tell us the story about the time he was shot out of the skies of Hanoi. It went like this: It was a Hot and humid June morning and he had a meeting with General Woods in the Bunker. The Marines was a tough place back then and wasnt what it was today. His orders were given from his Commander in Chief to bomb all Hanoi bridges (otherwise known as Linebacker II) and take out the necessary power plants and main roads so they could prevent the Russians from running the SAM missiles across the border in into 'Nam. Thier orders were STRICT not to bomb anything else or they would have hell to pay! My Dad knew it was all politics and nothing more. It was a war that was NEVER intended to be won and the pilots' knew it. The Russians were supplying the Charlies with all kinds of disastrous weapons and they were loosing Phantoms and Crusaders left and right. My Dad had lost his best friend 2 days prior to this meeting due to a Sam Missile attack blowing off his left rear stabilator of Lt. Wilson's F-4D. He and his Co-Pilot were knocked out unconscious and were never able to eject. This had put the fire under my Dad's butt and he wanted revenge in a big way. After the meeting was adjourned they were fueled up and ready to go. The B52's were in the skies ready for refueling once they were near Hanoi territory. The Phantoms never got good fuel mileage especially in afterburner and soaking up a mere 55 gallons per second in afterburner. The J79's were notorious for this but you could bet anything that a twin engine was better to go into battle that a single engine and the pilots' wouldnt have it any other way. You never wanted to be left out in the cold and stay the night at the "Hanoi Hilton" (otherwise known as: Prisoner of War Camp)
    Once they hit the skies the were 75 miles out from Hanoi and they were ordered to release the centerline tanks and refuel. Once the fleet was ready for action they were 'locked and loaded" but wait........................two Migs 21 Fishbeds 2 'O clock low, but they didnt see my Dad. You could see a Fishbed miles away if the sun hit them just right ot thier raw aluminum finish. The Charlies never figured this out until later in the war. My Dad calls for a "lock" and receives a "growl tone" in his ear. "Foxtrot 1 away" and the Aim 9 was off the rail but nothing happened. It was a "dud". My Dad's Wingman says, "Got a tone and Im gonna take em out" My Dad gives him the okay and the Mig 21 is obliverated in the sunny skies over Hanoi. The other Mig 21 bugs off and goes home with his tail between his legs. this was very common for them to Bully up with other enemy aircraft but they would never fight one on one. Meanwhile the fight had just begun. My Dad got a 'tone' in his ear and he knew that was an incoming SAM at 5 'O clock. My Dad's adrenalene is pumping so hard that he feels that nothing can stop him. Not even a SAM missile flying into the skies at 1500 MPH! As the missile closes in on my Dad's Phantom, he swings a hard left and it misses it by 50'. All of a sudden Lt Wilson screams "SAM incoming 11 'O clock!" and before you know it.....................it's too late. The SAM Missile detonates and my Dad's F-4E fuse is split in two from the nearby SAM explosion. Aware of what has happened my Dad ejects and floats down to hostile territory below him. My Dad looks up and notices that his Co-Pilot John Schaefercoetter never escaped the cockpit and descintigrated into thin air. As my Dad neared the ground he noticed a think patch of forest to his right and he heads for the direction and lands just 2 feet before a huge ficus tree. My Dad hears gun fire in the background and hears Charlies screaming, more than likely giving away my Dad's location. My Dad releases the Carribeaner cables and makes a run for it with only a 9mm in his hand for protection. He makes a run for a low lying valley just 3000 yards off the the left where there is thick brush and no sound of Charlies. My Dad switches on his hand held radio and request for a rendezvous pick up later that night in a rice patty just 3 miles ahead. His request was denied since the Hanoi bombings were taking place and men were short. 'Pick up' would to commence tomorrow morning so he would have to try to survive and wait it out. As he stayed hidden in the brush he could hear the enemy looking for him and screaming that they had found his parachute and harness. The next thing my Dad saw was 4 F-105's fly over head only 100' above the tree line in afterburner heading straight into Hanoi. The Charlies were frightened and thought that more would return and drop some Napalm so they scattered like flies back to thier village. Meanwhile, my Dad had to make a 3 mile trek to the Rice field so he could be picked by a Huey in the early morning light. He knew it was gonna be a rough night in the jungle of the enemies territory......................................... .............................. more to come soon.........................................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a photo of my Dad dropping off a package for some friends in Hanoi.

Name:	Vt56953.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	1224494  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it right.
    AMA 779352, JPO 1965
    Kingtech K-80, K-100, K-140

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW, awesome Frosty. Keep it coming!!!!

Dang......I've been avoiding this thread because I knew it was an old one. I can't believe I've been missing out.

Good stuff, Patrick. Keep up the good work.
    Gary Baker

Many of you may have noticed that a lot of recent posts have disappeared. I have removed all the posts from this latest little "squabble". I have also taken steps to ensure that it shouldn't come back up. If it does it will be cleaned up as well. I apologize that this action was neccessary, but this thread was too long to simply remove.

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First off Nightwalker thank your grandfather for me for his service and strength to prove so many wrong.

Now that F-14 is insane is there any working links to a video of it taking off, flying, landing i am simply amazed by this jet and very intrigued on how the engine functions and what this bird sounds like.

Again simply amazing.

What profanity!

I didn't swear once!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is a video of the first flight here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEdE2N3bVc[/youtube]

thank your grandfather for me for his service and strength to prove so many wrong.

Name:	Fd91574.jpg 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	1230753  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

It is so cool to have a real WW2 pilot here on RCU. Your grandson has posted photos and stories of your amazing war effort for years and it is great to finally "meet" you

Most of us are just mere RC pilots, so it would be great, in your own words to hear how it was to fly the mighty P-51 Mustang

[8D]

That is so cool to have a real WW2 fighter pilot here on RCU. We have all read Bryce's stories but it's great to meet the real McCoy.

I have enjoyed all the photos Bryce has published of you and I must say to you Sir;
    Such bravery in the skies over Europe has no equal.

We are some full scale pilots here, but obviously not with anything near your caliber, having flown the Cadilac of the Skies in actual combat.

I'm sure most of us will forgive that this is not Jet related and listen to your stories flying the P-51 in combat that Bryce has talked about for so long.

with kind regards
    While Grandpa and I certainly do appreciate the comments, I will try to keep this thread related to jets as much as possible. I will say however, that in the near future, much more will be made public as Grandpa finishes his next book and a film on the Tuskegee Airmen is finally completed. I only wish I could share some of the stories I have heard over the years from Grandpa and some of the other Tuskegee Airmen as to what really went down during their time in the service both here in the states and abroad. Thankfully, I have a few pictures as to some of the events that ocurred during that time and who really did what.

Oh, OK... Your grandfather did not fly in WW2. Now I get it. It was just a make believe scenario.
    I don't recall ever fabricating a "make believe scenario" here publicly on RCU or otherwise, as I don't make things up, and definitely not involving Grandpa or the Tuskegee Airmen. I can only say publicly that Grandpa was in ground support with the Tuskegee Airmen during WW2, because he has always had a "gag" order on me against saying anything else. As he likes to say, "You say anything else and I'll have you court-martialed." Given what I know, I tend to believe he's not joking.

I do have a Bone to pick with Grandpa however, as to why he's been hanging around taking pictures by a super-sonic bomber at an aviation museum in Georgia, and once again isn't talking about what the real deal is.

Name:	Xv64947.jpg 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	1248607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz77659.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	1248608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	By76626.jpg 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	1248609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84580.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	1248610  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nitrocomplex1776

First off Nightwalker thank your grandfather for me for his service and strength to prove so many wrong.

I passed along your sentiments and Grandpa said: "Thank You, we all just did what we had to do and would do it again if we had to."

Here are just a few others who in recent years along with Grandpa have been recognized in NJ for their efforts.
    http://www.state.nj.us/military/news/archive2001/DSM8Mar01.html

Now that F-14 is insane is there any working links to a video of it taking off, flying, landing i am simply amazed by this jet and very intrigued on how the engine functions and what this bird sounds like.

Thank You. There is a video of the first flight here:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEdE2N3bVc[/youtube]

Again simply amazing.

Thanks

What profanity!

I didn't swear once!

Take Care

Bryce

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh, OK... Your grandfather did not fly in WW2. Now I get it. It was just a make believe scenario.
    Im not sure what you have against Bryce, but why not settle it face to face with him instead of on these forums? your indirect digs at his grandfather is lower than chickenturds and he has dealt with you in alot classier way than most of us would have.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Bela,

We're all still waiting on you man.................

Take Care,

B

Name:	Vt57310.jpg 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	1249330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db84289.jpg 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	1249331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw67397.jpg 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	1249332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30280.jpg 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	1249333  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dont mess with my family, or my fellow service members/Vets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone who served this country no matter what there Job was has my respect. And I would stand beside anyone of them. I served, was not in the rear, always in the mix, but let me tell you I respect the Cooks we had just as much as my fellow team members who were right beside me when things got crazy. Much respect to Mr Watson. He had it ten times worse than I did. So it does not matter if your a cook, supply SGT , Radio opp or out in the mix each role is important in its own and supports the actions of the Unit as a whole.

enough said
    I Like to Watch....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WELL SAID SGT. SHAGGY

Hector

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I second that!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: [Deleted]

Many of you may have noticed that a lot of recent posts have disappeared. I have removed all the posts from this latest little "squabble". I have also taken steps to ensure that it shouldn't come back up. If it does it will be cleaned up as well. I apologize that this action was neccessary, but this thread was too long to simply remove.

Ken
    OK more have gone!

HEY GUYS GIVE IT A REST

Please play nice in this forum.

J.Duncker Jet Mod.
    The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast