Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Can I get a WITNESS???

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Can I get a WITNESS???

Old 03-21-2007, 05:35 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can I get a WITNESS???

Bryce your the man! Gotta question, where did you get the stores for the viper? Nick
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll try to show them to Grandpa when I go over there again.......all of these gentlemen that have seen this thread appreciate what you guys have posted.

ORIGINAL: pantherflyr

Bryce your the man! Gotta question, where did you get the stores for the viper? Nick
Thanks Nick, but its not me that's the man...........its all of you guys (and girls for that matter) that are out there right now doing what you do daily to try to insure a safe way of life and freedom for so many around the world. I believe the next sentence that I type here pretty much says it from so many of us to those who are currently serving and those who have served, I pretty much hear this everywhere I have gone on a military base while walking with my Grandfather, Col. Ashby, Col. Holt and many others even in major civilian airports to those in uniform.

"Thank You for your service!"

The stores for the Viper came from Tam and are for the TamJets large F-16 (which at this point has not been officially released until all flight and building parameters have been thoroughly tested.) I've seen the pictures of your Red Tail F-16, nice work in a short amount of time............good luck on the maiden, looking forward to seeing pics of your bird in the air.

Bryce
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95676.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	646955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40066.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	646956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20963.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	646957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92205.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	646958  
Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Thanks Bryce, it felt really good to hear that. Take care.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:47 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force I presume? A very addictive simulator!

DD
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Marksplanes
Banned

ORIGINAL: aparchment

Bryce my man that airplane is over the top. Excellent job! I thought you were just a good stick ;-)

Your grandpa is one hip lookin' dude. Much like the other P51 drivers of his day (Chuck Yeager, Bob Hoover etc.) he looks very sharp and with it. I bet he could get into the cockpit of a P51 and do a good job flying it.

Best of luck in Hungary.

By the way, is there a delay on when your chutes pop if the plane goes into failsafe?

Antony
I'll second that on Mr. Watson, nice bit on he and a few other Tuskegee Airmen on pages 66 and 67 in [link=http://HERE]http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama-Official-Inaugural-Book/dp/0979472792[/link]

Name:	Lj21996.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1223607  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: DrDeath

Falcon 4.0 Allied Force I presume? A very addictive simulator!

DD
Correct. It's very addictive, but not as much as this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q_XNf4elAI[/youtube]

Nice bird, and a great sim, but I'll still take the F-16 any day.

Bryce

Name:	Ge96862.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1223804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18484.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1223805  
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

link no worky for me...
Old 06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
TA332FW

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

link no worky for me...
You can find it here:

[link=http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama-Official-Inaugural-Book/dp/0979472792]http://www.amazon.com/Barack-Obama-Official-Inaugural-Book/dp/0979472792[/link]

or

[link=http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Barack-Obama/David-Kennerly/e/9780979472794/]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Barack-Obama/David-Kennerly/e/9780979472794/[/link]

To all of you in the universe,

Like my grandson Bryce always says, "I'm not a pilot, I just fly a lot."

and from me,

Always remember; after me there is no more, and before me there's none, only one, and that's my grandson, and if you get smart, they'll be two, me and you. So don't fly like a Lark or I'll bring my other grandson the lawyer, Mark.

Lots of luck to you all.

My Pleasure,

George Watson Sr.

PS: Life is fun, laugh a lot!

Name:	Db84672.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1223956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21886.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1223957  
Old 06-24-2009, 03:54 PM
JohnVH

oh, its a link to buy the book.... thought it was a more specific link.

But thanks for the help.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
JohnVH

Old 06-24-2009, 04:35 PM
MathewFoxx
Banned

Oh, OK... Your grandfather did not fly in WW2. Now I get it. It was just a make believe scenario.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:06 PM
TA332FW

ORIGINAL: MathewFoxx

That is so cool to have a real WW2 fighter pilot here on RCU. We have all read Bryce's stories but it's great to meet the real McCoy.

I have enjoyed all the photos Bryce has published of you and I must say to you Sir; Such bravery in the skies over Europe has no equal.

We are some full scale pilots here, but obviously not with anything near your caliber, having flown the Cadilac of the Skies in actual combat.

I'm sure most of us will forgive that this is not Jet related and listen to your stories flying the P-51 in combat that Bryce has talked about for so long

with kind regards

Thank You fellas,

I have to say officially my flying days are over, and as far as flying a P-51, you'll have to ask my grandson about that type of thing with that car he has buzzing through the neighborhoods and what not, can hear him coming a mile away!

To be serious for a moment, I was ground support during the war and that is all I will say. There are just some things in war that we don't talk about if you can understand. People always like to ask me if I was a pilot and I always tell them the same, "I was not a pilot, I was ground support." and that is who I represent when I go to speak, The Tuskegee Airmen and ground support troops.

Here is my grandson:

To any and all of you who I have spoken to either in person or through here or otherwise.......work, the field, etc. Nobody in this family, neither I or my grandfather lies, cheats or steals, (I won't talk about unauthorized procurements...) EVER. Never have never will, Grandpa and the Tuskegee Airmen did not get to where they are by doing so, and I did not get to where I am by doing so either. (I was turned down for my first major airline job because I would not do just that.) We are proud americans and happy to live in the land of the free and home of the brave.
There are things that Grandpa, his friends and others that I have met over the years that have served have told me that you have NO IDEA could have and actually did happen. But they are true stories, some have the pictures to prove it, others the wounds. Just as many doubt what I do for a living or even what I may have said happened to me at work which has always been true, there will always be those who will try to challenge, discount or dismiss the truth, even when it is plain as the sky is blue. I wish I could share some of what I REALLY know (with the pictures to prove it!), but I can't, it's just one of those things that we don't talk about.(nor am I allowed to.) I will say this however, there's a reason why Grandpa is who he is, and I behave the way I do; because I do not and will not back down from what I believe is unjust, unfair or just plain wrong......EVER! And I learned this from he and my father. Always remember there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes in just about all that is around us, it's up to us to try to filter as best we can, what's really real and what's really REAL.

Best of Luck to everyone,
George Watson Sr.
and
George Bryce Watson III

ps. Grandpa has given me permission to sign in under his screenname until I am off punishment for breaking the rules here on RCU. (I will do my best not to exercise this liberty until my moderation period has expired and Nightwalker is back online again.)

Take Care,

B

Name:	Ur52217.jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1224010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56297.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1224011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98935.jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1224012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11745.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1224013  
Old 06-24-2009, 05:29 PM
MathewFoxx
Banned

Thank you for being honest Mr. Watson. I guess Bryce has gotten a little carried away when telling us about your war time stories. But we forgive him. He is a proud grandson who just took a little to much liberty when telling us about you.

I do feel a little bad for all those RCU members who has congratulated Bryce for your "flying in WW2" and comparing you to Yeager and Hoover. But, again I'm sure they will forgive Bryce for having misled them as well.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:50 PM
TA332FW

Thank you for being honest Mr. Watson. I guess Bryce has gotten a little carried away when telling us about your war time stories. But we forgive him. He is a proud grandson who just took a little to much liberty when telling us about you.

I do feel a little bad for all those RCU members who has congratulated Bryce for your "flying in WW2" and comparing you to Yeager and Hoover. But, again I'm sure they will forgive Bryce for having misled them as well.

And I feel bad for all of you who really still don't know the truth! I never accepted any congratulations for Grandpa, nor did I ever tell anyone on here that he flew anything (at least I don't remember saying that, find it if you can, I have always bit my lip when I saw the comments posted, because its not my place to say anything.) Grandpa has spoken and his word is history. I don't even have the right to mention anything other than is what is purely the truth or what he has told me is ok to say and that's it.

All you'll ever get from me is my arms crossed, because "I'm not sayin nothin." [sm=47_47.gif]

It's nice to be forgiven, now can I have my halo back?!!

Later yall,

Gotta run,

B

ps. "Beware of what you don't really want to know, because you might learn something." Bryce Watson

Grandpa says: "You're welcome, lots a luck to you."

Old 06-24-2009, 06:16 PM
MathewFoxx
Banned

I really don't see the big problem Bryce.

When someone replies to your post and say" it's so cool that your Grandfather flew P-51's) and you see the same comment again and again, the only right thing to say would be "hey guys, thanks for the compliments, but my grandfather actually never flew anything"

these were replies directly to you, and pretending that he was a pilot is fully equal to lying about it. Sorry Bryce.

Anyway, it's water under the bridge, but maybe you should acknowledge that you have misled several people here.

So, let the witness story continue now that we have the facts on the table. Your F-14 was an amazing airplane

Also, I do have another question for Watson Sr. When you say your flying days are over, what planes did you fly in your "days"? Was it military aircraft?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:47 PM
TA332FW

I really don't see the big problem Bryce.
I knew there would be at least one more........ There is no problem Mathew, never has been, I just cannot and will not say anything more, because I can't. I have not mislead anyone on here ever. I'll just say that by me answering anything for Grandpa either way, would be misleading (try to understand what I am saying.)

As far as the F-14, thank you; even right after the crash I was told it's best not to say anything until after the worlds, but I didn't feel comfortable with that, so I made sure I posted what happened in pictures online I believe in this thread or another, BEFORE I WENT TO HUNGARY (go back and check the date) and told a couple of people who I felt needed to know, one out of courtesy, the other because he was a VIP, any other news about the crash came from maybe the few people who were actually there or one or both of the people I told, I'll never know. When I arrived in Hungary and people were asking me about the F-14 I simply said, "You'll see it again," or "I was not able to bring it because of the issue I had with Futaba getting a 35mhz module." Which is 100% the truth! I will not blame anyone but myself for what happened, all I will say is the only reason that F-14 crashed is because I was out there flying it on the day it was supposed to be shipped to Missouri to head over to Hungary because I knew deep down inside, there was no way I was going to try and bring that jet there and switch it over to the 10x and have to reprogram everything with 4 functions not working and then test fly during the practice rounds. It just didn't make any logical sense when I had been flying the Libetrau F-5 around all over the country and in Top Gun and was comfortable with it,and at 1/5th scale was more in line with what the competition would be flying. I did my homework..........I knew about Reto and the Swiss

I really do have to run for now, my apologies to anyone out there who may have felt misled, just remember, "sometimes you have to look at the big picture to see the little details." Bryce again!

Alright, I really gotta run now..........Arms crossed, I ain't sayin..........

B

Oh yea..............HALO Please??!!

Seeya

Name:	Hf99114.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1224068  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

OK, got to comment. We are losing WWII veterans every day, and now, Viet Nam guys too. Viet Nam is my generation. I feel that the guys who stepped up to the job in WWII were heros, and much more so than some guy who hits a baseball, or does well at some other kids game. These guys put it on the line very day. Mr. Watson had to overcome many things to be "Ground Support" and I for one am very greatfull. i spent 23 years in the Airforce and have nothing but respect for the WWII guys, Viet Nam vets, and for sure th guys who are carring on the good fight now. And Bryce, keep on keeping on! Sorry, just had to add my 2 cents. Bob
Old 06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
MathewFoxx
Banned

Bryce, when reading your replies I think your basic problem is that you have different values than most when it comes to the truth.

Try just being yourself and be honest, not having the need to impress everyone and be so worried about what people think about you. You have a very tainted reputation here, and it probably comes from exactly your somewhat screwed up view of what is the truth.

When you told your teammates that "you did not bring your F-14 because Futaba refused to get you a 35 MhZ radio" you did several things wrong. You misled you team mates, but worst of all you made Futaba look really bad by lying about their lack of support. That is wrong on so many levels. A simple "guy's I screwed up and crashed my jet" would have been so easy. We all crash now or then. Call it what you will, but that was a blatant lie for absolutely no other reason than your vanity.

And, you are already doing it again in this very thread, claiming that there are things you can't talk about regarding your grandfathers flying career. Please just be honest and say. Ok, he never flew anything ever. Why do you have to make it sound like he was in some sorts of top secret unit when he really was a telephone repairman after the war. You can still be proud if him even though he did not see combat.

So think about it. You have come up with all these far fetched stories over the years that pretty much has made you an outcast in the jet community. Why not start fresh and try a new approach. One that involves just being honest and "real"

We would all love to see you back with Tomcat #2 and all the cool stuff you managed to cram into that jet. You got fun stories to tell and your event reports are great. The problem is that you have this constant need to blame everyone else for your failures. That's no bueno.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

Hmmmmmmmm........................its all kind sounding fishy to me. Funny how this man was looked upon as a 'God' at the Kentucky Jets 2007 banquet. And what's the deal with Barrack Obama???? You are actually proud that he is our President??? The guy is nothing more than a "Good speaker" and THATS it! Funny stuff here.........................
Old 06-24-2009, 07:27 PM
TA332FW

Mathew? Patrick?

Thank you gentlemen, I value your opinions. I am no god, far from it, it is only in God we trust here in this country all others pay cash.

President Obama is our current commander in chief and deserves the same respect as we gave the former commander and chief for the past 8 years, former President George W. Bush.

Regardless of what personal opinions we all have, life is life and the law is the law of the land we live on. If we all do our best to follow the rules, then as grandpa likes to say.........."It all pays off in the end."

The Tuskegee Airmen have finally begun to receive a little of that respect back for the sacrifices they made so many years ago on and off the battlefield.

It's best we leave the wars to be fought by warriors and try to enjoy what we do for peace with the freedom we've been given.

Goodnight everyone.

Bryce

Name:	Db85812.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1224094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81772.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1224095  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:41 PM
MathewFoxx
Banned

I am pretty sure that Patrick was not talking about you when he mentioned God. I think he was asking why your Grandfather was being honored at KY Jets for being a WW2 pilot.

Obama or whatever, this is not the place to discuss politics since it is not allowed per RCU rules.

I have notice that you never has been able to answer a question directly. Why is that. Why not just be a man and stop trying to blame others for your own faults.

All this hiding behind patriotic slogans and BS does not answer the questions we all want to know

I'm glad we can keep this civil, but there are real questions on the table that I know a lot of people would like real answers to.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 PM
TA332FW

You guys are funny, out of respect for you all, I am continuing on here at the risk of being late to pick up the little lady, now if you guys screw my night up, I'm not going to be happy!

Ooops, I did just go back and re-read what Patrick posted, my bad......God?.....You're talking about Grandpa Pat?[X(]
I really had no idea that you all were honoring him as a WWII pilot hero because I certainly never told anyone that, neither here on RCU or in person, especially being that he showed up there and stayed at one of the hotels a lot of people were staying at and you all could just ask him. Why would I ever lie about something like that? Then bring him there knowing he does'nt lie about his past. That's one thing I always try to do on here is post pictures and no I don't have nor do I know how to use photoshop, I just try to make my special effects for real.

Mathew I cannot say anything more, no Grandpa was not in some secret fighter squadron, he was in ground support with the Tuskegee Airmen during WWII. I think somewhere on here I posted something that has a lot of the things he did after the war and his military career as well.

As far as being a man, I gotta get outta here seriously now, because If I'm late to pick the little lady up tonight, then she's gonna be the man and that means I won't get to see Transformers 2 tommorow at IMAX. Definitely no bueno cause Megan Foxx is HOT!

Peace yall, I'm out.......(remember, I'm not supposed to be abusing the liberty Grandpa extended to me.)

B

Now lets see if she'll believe the Dr. Manhattan story that I got caught on the computer battling the universe............

Name:	Mk26120.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1224109  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
MathewFoxx
Banned

Peace Bryce. Just remember to stop hating and keep it real. It goes both ways.

No one is saying that your grandfather did not do his patriotic duty. We just want to give credit were credit is due. And the term "hero" is used to discribe anything from baseball players to real combat hardened war veterans, so it does get a bit diluted over time and the "real" heroes drown in the masses of people who did nothing out if the ordinary.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

[quote]ORIGINAL: TA332FW

President Obama is our current commander in chief and deserves the same respect as we gave the former commander and chief for the past 8 years, former President George W. Bush.

Uh....okay. If you say so.

Name:	Ax72811.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1224146  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 PM
TA332FW

She just called and said her flight is running a bit late........................THANK GOD!

Mathew, anyone who has served in any capacity at anytime for the sake of justice and liberty deserve credit, because it certainly is due. Every veteran has their story and believe me Grandpa has his and it's FAR from Ordinary. And yes things do get a bit diluted over time and that's why its up to us to learn and listen as much as we can from those who came before us so that we can do our best to "keep it real."

Peace man

Now as far as Grandpa and baseball........would you believe it if I told you he threw out the pitch at a minor league baseball game? Ok, how bout a major league one? What about football? Oh forget it, these guys only look like him. Posers

Name:	Wt58954.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1224147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79760.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1224148  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.