Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingcat rudder twitching

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingcat rudder twitching

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:00 PM
clguru
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingcat rudder twitching

We have a Kingcat that has the right rudder twitching. We changed the extentions that feed the servo, but it still quivers. I plugged another servo into it but it still shakes. What else could it be? I have a JR matchbox on that circuit, could that be it?

Thanks

Dan
Old 07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
bnova
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Kingcat rudder twitching

Dan,

Unplug the rudder servo connector from the matchbox and plug it back in. The twitching should go away. I have the same problem and sometime have to unplug and plug it back into Matchbox to get it to stop. Hope it works.

Mike
Old 07-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had the same problem with my KingCat since it was built last year. I tried everything and finally gave up. A couple of weeks ago, I was just doing routine checks / maintenance and plugged in another extension ( thinking it was the continual problem ) but accidently put in one with a buffer / amp ( from Electrodynamics ) and the rudder servo suddenly went silent!!!!!!!!!!! Perfectly solid ever since.

Dean Wichmann
www.helijet.ca
Old 07-11-2005, 06:02 PM
jfangohr

I had the same problem with the KingCat I just finished building and I cured it with the application of Stabilant 22 on all the servo plugs, extensions and receiver contacts. I use this stuff a lot at work and its magic.

Read about it here:

http://www.stabilant.com/techt02h.htm

When this stuff is applied to the contacts of a electrical plug it provides the conductivity of a soldered joint. There are no doubt many sources but I bought my bottle at the loca Napa store, part # CE1. An eye-dropper sized bottle is about $70 but that same bottle will last through 10 models or more. You only need to apply it once..........then forget it, regardless of how often you unplug the connector.

John F.